Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• What a load of tosh!

Very poor, badly lacking a goal scorer which means we aren’t getting out of this awful league anytime soon (we’ll not upwards anyway!)
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    No signing. Player passed their medical but no deal.
    It doesn't actually say that
    It could have been many reasons 

Yes it does...

We thought we were there and the player had passed his medical at our training ground on Thursday evening, but unfortunately there were complications beyond our control late in the day, which went down to the last minute, and we haven’t been able to sign the player.
    The player had passed his medical !!

He did NOT fail his medical 

My grasp of English is quite good 

The player did NOT fail his medical ffs !!
    lol!... You need to go away and calm the fuck down fella
    No I just don't need calling out for the club to fail to sign anybody but move on two first team squad players and two junior players yet have a CEO / Owner telling us we were pushing for two, maybe more players.

It is what it is BUT we are going nowhere in Division 3.  Stand back and actually understand that.

Charlton are a mid table, division three team.

I want better.  Sorry.
    We all went better you idiot - A good number of us though dont feel the need to act like spoilt children who havent got the toys they wanted come Christmas Day - We're grown adults, many of us have children ourselves, I'd be embarrassed if I started acting in a manner that I wouldnt ever expect from my four year old
    Ah, that word " idiot" bandied about again ! 

Tut tut.
  • Did DJ end up going, I can’t renember.
    Doesnt look like it, only JFC has been mentioned
  • Curbey said:
    Be interesting if it was an admin error, we probably had Keohane filling the gap left by Chris Parkes 
    I did wonder about that.

Not a good start for Dangermouse.
  • Although disappointed at no signings today.I think we have had a reasonable transfer window and are in a better place than last year. Also very impressed with the academy players let’s see what happens up to January 
  • I'm contemplating putting the champagne on ice for when we sign a rip roaring goal scoring striker this week.
    Alternatively, should it be a modified chastity belt type contraption to protect me from the more likely kick in the balls?
    Unfortunately, it is the more likely kick in the balls.
    At least I didn't fall for the bullshit this time.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JFC to Wimbledon? 
    Surely not? I was told he was Championship quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did DJ end up going, I can’t renember.

Not yet
  • Well that didn’t go to plan. Just passed on what I was told from a usually impeccable source, not convinced even the recruitment team have much of a clue.
    Can you tell us who the players were at this point?
    Defender was a loan from champ side, wasn’t given name. 

Forward was Scully from Lincoln.
    Clear what happened with Scully then, Championship interest came in and we didnt stand a chance
    Yep indeed, and shows the complexity of how the transfer market works even though those who literally have no idea like to make out how simple it is.

Either way though, that’s why you have a ‘list’ of targets and I can’t believe it was just Scully and Bonne on it. 
    Was Scully on it?
  • cabbles said:
    Remember when Chris Malkin fell through in March 1996?
    Yes the day before we played Millwall. 
  • DJ is now staying because the Bonne deal fell through 
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:
    I've lost complete faith in the ITK'ers, don't blame you guys but it's clear your sources know fuck all (including Martin Sandgaard)
    People can be in the know about whats potentially happening in the background

But until it happens a lot can change - No wonder less and less people on here are sharing information they're aware of, if they're gonna get stick when it doesnt happen

Hmmm.

Might be worth checking what Martin actually told several Lifers at last night's game. 

Sounded to me as though he was 100% certain of his facts on the transfer front. 

Now IF he was a bona fide employee at our club, he might have found that his salary had suddenly become  "too rich" in the current economic climate ( at CAFC )

Until the Contract is signed any number of things can happen

Martin is a twat for thinking he was 100% certain, but until its on the O/S anyone is an idiot for believing that.

It should always be appreciated if a Lifer passes on the information they've heard, but again it should never be taken as gospel and those who pass the information on should never be moaned at until its on the OS
    I was clearly referring to the naivety of the owner's son , NOT the reports of his words last night. 

According to you, there appears to be a number of idiots on the site that you monitor....

None of us was born yesterday , you know....
    You sure about that... Good number of people are trying to act like it, you know...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Remember when Chris Malkin fell through in March 1996?
    Yes the day before we played Millwall. 
    No CL to share our meltdowns on back then.  Disappointed mutterings as the news broke on club call or when you read the Mercury 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JFC to Wimbledon? 
    Surely not? I was told he was Championship quality.
    No he hasn't gone to Wimbledon.  I'll stand by my statement that he will play in the championship before we do.  Certainly before you do. 
  • Leuth said:
    I'd rather DJ as the 9 for us than Bonne tbh
    I'd say to be careful what you wish for, but I do not regret wishing for this B)
  • Don’t panic, Yaya Sanogo is a free agent 
  • Ok now I’m genuinely annoyed. Could have been a great end to a decent window, not to at least get a CB on loan is baffling…..
  • Christ what a deflating evening - Stevie Wonder could see we needed a few more players but we’ve left it late and been left short handed. I agree that our starting eleven is stronger than last year but squad depth isn’t there. If Garner gets playoffs from here, it’s a miracle 
  • Bonne is signing:

"NoT fUcKiNg BoNnE, hE's ShItE!!!!!!111"

Boone deal collapses:

"Oh My GoD, OuR SeAsOn iS OvEr!!!!!1111"
    This