Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• jbaker said:
    We are now officially fucked. . . 95% done direct from the man who does the transfers. . . Still doesn’t happen . . . Fear the mood turns now so early in the season if we don’t win on Saturday. 
    In fairness, it probably was, or they thought it was. There are always so many moving parts in this with deals at the end of the window and you’ve got to remember, someone like Martin Sandgaard just don’t have much experience with all this (I mean that as a fact not a dig). 
    Why do you need experience when the buisness of football is easy?
  • Free agents who were last with an EFL club:

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    Josh Parker is finally going to get his first goal for Charlton. 

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    I'd probably take a punt on Winnall until January but not sure he's all that. 

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    would personally take izzy brown
  • cabbles said:
    Remember when Chris Malkin fell through in March 1996?
    About 2 weeks before the deadline and brought in another striker about a day before the deadline 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Didn’t Yann sign as a free agent? 
    Yes and we signed Sam Bartram from a colliery team... 

Your point?  
    That you can still pick up a decent player
  • Wow even Bonne’s brother (who was my source)  is confused as to why it didn’t go through 🤣
    Maybe Bonne skimmed Charlton Twitter, or this thread?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Interesting to see that Mckirdy & Stockton both didn’t get moves.

Bit of a crap end to a decent window at the start. Have to hope that Chucks gets fit and can stay fit although this record is not good, but there is no doubt about his ability at this level. On the CB front, I think it’s nuts we haven’t signed one (more so then a striker) I don’t rate Lavelle particularly.. if O’Donnell gets injured we are in big trouble.. again. 

Season is far from over, however I do think we have fallen behind big time from our main rivals in this league. I feel like we are onto something with Garner and I hope we don’t waste it.

If this is going to be the norm from now on (cost cutting, free transfers etc) I struggle to see how TS takes us forward. 

Still looking forward to Saturday and think 3 points will turn the mood right around.. although I think it might be a big ask.

Think McKirdy can move to Scotland still as window closes at midnight I thought.

• DJ loan to Mansfield cancelled because we couldn't push through Bonne.
    I never understood why he was going in the first place. Played well in the games he's featured in and if/when there's an injury to Kirk/JRS/CBT he will get a chance in the league 
    because we needed to pay for Bonne's wages and needed at least 2 to leave. What Stevenage are covering for Gilbey wasn't sufficient. Look at Cawley's statements about Mac, JFC and DJ, we've been trying to drum up interest in them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Wow even Bonne’s brother (who was my source)  is confused as to why it didn’t go through 🤣
    Maybe Bonne skimmed Charlton Twitter, or this thread?

Should think this thread and Twitter are tame compared to what some of the QPR ones are saying about him!
  • "Don't worry about the fans Boss you're doing a great job* ...................

"Tony, just fuck off"

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    Star Trek: Generations the hell out of our front line.
  • I know why it happens (because one player in is linked to another going out etc etc) but it never ceases to amaze me that clubs leave things to the very last minute. Whether Bonne was the right signing or not is irrelevant but, when one like this falls through at the last minute, it leaves us with nowhere to go bar an untried PL/Championship loan or a free that is a free for a reason.

The statement issued by the Club is one that was that was first used by Meire and subsequently by Southall. We've heard it all before.
    But the Bonne transfer only came about because of last Saturday. TS saw from his own eyes that Stockley isnt the answer up front so decided thus week to (lamely) look for an alternative. But he left it too late. Far too late.  Y the time the club got around to signing a striker there was no one left available on loan (as he wasnt going to pay a fee). 

Really thinking about not going anymore. Son might be working at the club on matchdays so wont have him for company and also getting disillusioned with the whole bloody thing. 
  • Fck sake i have a meeting at 1000am (your 11am) i have been watching and waiting all morning and now any announcement (if at all) will be whilst i am in a budget meeting.
    Well, some fantastic news. We’ve got enough wriggle room in the budget to keep ordering hobnobs AND custard creams for the team.

• DJ loan to Mansfield cancelled because we couldn't push through Bonne.
    I never understood why he was going in the first place. Played well in the games he's featured in and if/when there's an injury to Kirk/JRS/CBT he will get a chance in the league 
    Same. He could be very useful in games against tiring opposition and he's played well with a good attitude this season, despite the rumours around him. 
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Your point?  
    Of all the decent players we have had in, say the last 30 years, how many were free agents picked up out side of the window? 
  • edited September 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Your point?  
    Of all the decent players we have had in, say the last 30 years, how many were free agents picked up out side of the window? 
    His point still stands though.
  • Best to not say anything regarding today.

Time to scroll through the list of names out of contract.

Can see us looking at players like Niasse, Winnall, McNulty, and Thiam.

Hardly inspiring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Your point?  
    Sure someone got the spreadsheet, surprised you haven’t got that stat at your finger tips 
  • What were the complications, sounds very ambiguous.

If Aneke can pass a medical don’t see why Bonne can’t. 

Maybe Bonne looked at social media again 🤣

We’ve lost 1 in 6 against decent sides and peoples worlds are falling apart. 

Can you not see that it's Been Garner that will feel let down. I have seen it all before that's why I didn't join the likes feast for Covered end lad.

A good window for Cafc in recent years is  when we don't sell our better players.
    Hopefully we haven't?

• edited September 2022
    Rothko said:
    He did.

Anyone seen a striker taking a terrible penalty and pissing the fans off recently?
    Found him!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/simone-zaza/profil/spieler/96828

https://youtu.be/Rn2OE9XJc8U

(Not a serious suggestion, just in case).
  • edited September 2022
    Free agents who were last with an EFL club:

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    Going to be Sanogo, Clarke or Parker then, only ones who tick the ex player box.
  • So if the club statement is correct Bonne was THE striker all along?
  • Lower mid table tops 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Your point?  
    His point still stands though.
    Not really, one player, out of 100s doesn't make it good option. 
  • Like a few others I thought a CB was the higher priority.
    sorry to say, Inness looks a customer for the treatment table.
    What a waste of an evening, hitting refresh button.

Looks like TS has run out of money, not surprised considering the Zynex share price.

Things ain’t getting any better if we’re going to break even in two year’s, of course that’s not a realistic option.

Oh well, we will see a few more of our crop of talented youngsters.
    I’m off to bed.

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    Going to be Sanogo, Clarke or Parker then, only ones who tick the ex player box.
    Leon Clarke.