Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I wonder what Scott, Curbs and Brownie will say on Saturday, considering their previous calls for an extra defender and striker. How diplomatic will they be...
  • jams said:
    I get it's disappointing but enough of the conspiracy theories - I highly doubt anyone wanted to end up with nothing today, TS included 
    But where we are now is months on from the end of last season.
  • On balance better that we didn’t sign players who are no better than we already have just for the sake of it. 

We can only hope that Leaburn and Kanu take comfort from it and come knocking loudly at Garners  door to get their chances. 

That’s the positive. 

More likely we have to hope (because that’s all we gave)  injuries are not our undoing. 
    Agreed we've got a lot of great young prospects it could the making of them. Not ideal for a promotion push but not the end of the world either.

I'm as gutted as everyone it's clear a striker was needed and the club didn't get one. Maybe football fans in general get too hung up on the transfer market when we've got a great crop of youngsters coming through. Could be like the mid 90's again when Rufus, Newton etc all broke through into the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• My last word before going to bed.

Good start to a season totally wasted by not adding just another couple of players.

Now watch Stockley or O'Connell get injured on Saturday, leaving us short of players where it's most needed.

And yes, I will laugh when this happens because we have all seen the writing on the wall but the club have done nothing to plug the gaps. You just can't help some people & Sandgaard will see on a weekly basis his "investment" reduce in value as our quest for promotion hits the buffers once again. He ain't getting out with a profit, just like RD.  So he cuts costs to the extent that you wonder if he actually has a brain, let alone a business one. 

Really seriously thinking about not going much more. Total waste of money.. I have a ST for this season but it may well be my last. Not just footballing reasons but all will become clearer in time. 

Over & out. 
    Oh Golfie, by then time I pressed quote you had edited it !! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Poor Steven Gallen, Thomas gets to do the video about who we are going to sign the he has to do the one about who we didn't. 
    Gallen not blameless in all this though. I know a lot of fans view him largely immune from criticism cos he worked wonders on an extremely tight budget under Roland - but the recruitment has got so lazy over recent times. No other club brings back the amount of ex players we do. 
    well said, and the most exciting transfers this window has come from garners book as well
  • Really really disappointing !!! surely we should have given a time deadline to the club that allowed us to move on with backups ready to go if they didnt give us an answer by then

To let it go to the wire with only one player in the hope there club ok it is a joke and shows a lack of leadership/experience and knowledge on the recruitment front

we was so close to a great window now i think this is gna leave us very short at times but time will tell i suppose 
    just so annoying !
  • IR94 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Poor Steven Gallen, Thomas gets to do the video about who we are going to sign the he has to do the one about who we didn't. 
    Gallen not blameless in all this though. I know a lot of fans view him largely immune from criticism cos he worked wonders on an extremely tight budget under Roland - but the recruitment has got so lazy over recent times. No other club brings back the amount of ex players we do. 
    well said, and the most exciting transfers this window has come from garners book as well
    And in the previous window came from the infamous ‘black box’ largely - Dobson and Clare come to mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Piss poor. 
  • MattF said:
    When a lot of the transfer window interview is talking about bringing the manager in, that's not a great sign really.

If we are genuinely looking at free transfers, that suggests money is still there
  • Chunes said:
    Steve Gallen's voice is trying very hard to find the positives, but his face is not following suit.

He sounds so gutted. Just can't see who would be fit enough to come in on a free and put in a shift straight away.
  • I don't agree with the comments from Gallen about only wanting players who will improve the team, as in the case of the centre back position in particular, we need an extra body. Obviously it would be great to sign a CB better than our current 3, but we don't NEED that, we just need someone who can play the position when we have injuries and suspensions, which will happen.

That 4th choice loan player only NEEDS to be better than Ness and Elewere.