Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited September 2022
    IR94 said:
    Free agents who were last with an EFL club:

Matej Vydra
    Marc McNulty
    Andy Carroll
    Yaya Sanogo
    Hal Robson-Kanu
    Fraizer Campbell
    Isaac Vassell
    Jamie Thomas
    Oumar Niasse
    Sam Winnall
    Leon Clarke
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Josh Parker
    Lewis Mansell
    Tom Elliott
    Derick Osei Yaw
    Theo Robinson
    Caolan Lavery
    Ryan Hillier
    would personally take izzy brown
    Are u Browne? The most injury prone of the lot. No thanks to all of those. Although a couple I’ve never heard of tbf
  • And to think I once thought TS might buy the Valley one day. 😆
    That’s the downfall ,just who will buy The Valley from Roland.
    Until that mess is sorted out we will always make a loss.
    Sandgaard has said we are working on it .

We we still be following Charlton when he has gone , providing he leaves us a club to follow.
  • Relieved we haven't got Bonne. We all know he isn't up to it and saw at the QPR game that was the case. It would have been dreadful signing him on a perm as I would rather go with Leaburn. Saying that where is the CH? £0 spent in the window combined with the redundancies like Olly confirms that TS doesn't have the money to take us forward. I'm genuinely worried now that he doesn't have the funds to keep us running. I think he is well meaning and wants the best for us but promotion will be a massive task. We really have to support the team now. The time to slag off TS will be when the season ends. Doing it now will shred Ooh Ah Mortimer's 25 per cent chance of reaching the top 6.
    Good points 
  • You'd have thought free agent CBs would be easier to find that goalscoring strikers. Failing that, I hope Jason Pearce is keeping fit...

As an aside, when he was released as a player (alongside Famewo going back), I'm sure the intention would have been the bring in TWO additional CBs, otherwise we might just have given Pearce another year as 4th choice.
    What are the rules on something like Pearcey coming back as a registered player. Could he do that? I personally felt he def had another season in him. 
  • We have 2+ players for each position except central defence, what’s the only real disappointment for me.  It leaves a bitter taste not getting the additional forward in but it is what it is.  
  • Does anyone know what players are on that Free transfers List that SG says he and the Sandgaards will be looking at in the weeks to come .. 
  • edited September 2022
    Just remember, it's not the manager  or the players fault. Bet they feel as pissed off as us.

• The random negative one line comments are back from posters who never really post much. Palarse fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Bonne may not have been the first choice of most but he is competent for this level and would have been half decent cover. We are going into the rest of 2022 very exposed to a couple of injuries IMO. If people want to put a positive shine on that, good luck to them.
  • Shambles. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Get your business done early, so last minute plugs being pulled can be avoided. 
    Wondering if Bonne was a plan d or e and we were really after a perm ? 
  • In a way the last day was more disappointing because up until then it really had been pretty good. We've bought in some promising players and a coach with genuine talent and vision, we've even cleared out some of the dreck of seasons past.

We were very very close to having a squad/season that just maybe might have us believing again. Everyone knew what was needed to turn the squad into genuine contenders. Instead it's now just a case of seeing just what magic Garner can do when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.

Good luck Mr Garner. You're going to need it.
  • Well he is a striker and will provide cover so I don't think we can be too sad if we get Bonne. I was expecting nobody.
    Well nobody it is then.
  • Redhenry said:
    The random negative one line comments are back from posters who never really post much. Palarse fans?
    I post a fair bit. 
  • Well he is a striker and will provide cover so I don't think we can be too sad if we get Bonne. I was expecting nobody.
    Well nobody it is then.

Did he play for Palarse ? 
  • A very disappointing end to the transfer window. 
    I believe Garner is a decent manager and if we gave him the extra couple of players we need to challenge for the top six ( striker and centre half  ) then most of us would be happy. 
    As things stand we are going to finish mid table in the 3rd division and another opportunity wasted. 
    Still there's nothing we can do about it as it's not us paying the bills. 
    I just hope that when Guitar boy decides he's had enough that there will be someone out there prepared to pick up the pieces. 
    I think we will come up short. That is very likely. It is typical Charlton that Garner would turn out to be good but not be fully backed. It is the story of the last decade and a bit of missed opportunities and the wankers who own us. Crooks or fools, take your pick but that is all you can F*ing choose from.