Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley and Nick Pope

Comments

• Options
    Southampton buying 20 year old Gavin Bazunu from Man City for 11million.
    he was on loan at Portsmouth last season. Fee could rise to 15million 
    Available for loan perhaps?
  • Options
    Soton aren't the sort of club who can spend that sort of money as a punt for the future
  • Options
    Soton aren't the sort of club who can spend that sort of money as a punt for the future
    Agreed. With Forster going they'll need someone to come in and compete with McCarthy. 
  • Options
    Think people had their expectations set too high with the money. 

He's a 30 year old fairly good English goalkeeper. He will bounce around lower midtable Premier League teams for sums that won't go above £20m. 
    I don't think anyone thought Burnley's 40m valuation was realistic, but at the opposite end of that, the 10m reported in some papers seems extremely low in todays market.
    It is low but Burnley are in a very weak negotiating position and everyone knows it. 
    Why?. Surely the parachute money is more than enough for them !!
     Not with the amount they owe due to the way the club was purchased on finance 
    I think the parachute payment was about £20m short of the loan repayable on relegation. Maybe they can renegotiate the repayment terms, but if not, they need to raise funds by selling. 
  • Options
    They did it with Angus Gunn.  
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    wmcf123 said:

Southampton got shot of Gunn and he had to bite the bullet and he went back to Norwich( his Dad's old team)as a number 2. So many teenage England keepers like Gunn and Freddie Woodman have played loads of games for the England youth sides up to U21 but find it difficult to hold down a first team place above the Championship.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    No, Gunn was signed to be Number 2. They didn’t sign him to loan him out. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    wmcf123 said:

Southampton got shot of Gunn and he had to bite the bullet and he went back to Norwich( his Dad's old team)as a number 2. So many teenage England keepers like Gunn and Freddie Woodman have played loads of games for the England youth sides up to U21 but find it difficult to hold down a first team place above the Championship.
    I see what you did there. Very good.
    not bad for a man of his calibre not to ram the point home, something I recoil from personally,  otherwise we may have had to muzzle him as a breech of rules, or even fire him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Newcastle rumoured to be after Pope
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    ross1 said:
    Newcastle rumoured to be after Pope
    Surely on moral grounds we won't be taking any Saudi money??
    Hold on a sec, I'll just get my pop corn & drink.  
  • Options
    TS says we will receive money from Pope sale if it goes through
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    More than 20% is what I’ve been told but exactly how much more I don’t know.
    Don’t forget Bury Town (Bury St Edmonds) get 10% of any profit we make.
  • Options
    20%+ was reported a few weeks ago I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    ross1 said:

Roland Duchâtelet was a very canny operator, Huh.

The contract small print states, Bury Town from any further sale of Nick Pope will receive a Sofa from a DFS sale which can be placed some where the sun don't shine; sideways.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Roland Duchâtelet was a very canny operator, Huh.

The contract small print states, Bury Town from any further sale of Nick Pope will receive a Sofa from a DFS sale which can be placed some where the sun don't shine; sideways.
    I would guess Bury's sell on was agreed when we signed Pope in 2011 a few years before RD took over.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It’s probably been covered before and I may of missed it, but Bury Town’s involvement in any sell on would surely have ended when we sold
    him to Burnley? 
    Yes.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It’s probably been covered before and I may of missed it, but Bury Town’s involvement in any sell on would surely have ended when we sold
    him to Burnley? 
    Yes.
    Ah ok, I thought we were giving a percentage to Bury so thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Fantastic, I’ll split it 50-50!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Sorry, just to clarify - if Bury are entitled to 10% of any profit we made on the sale of Pope, then any money we make from Burnley selling him on is additional profit to us directly related to that original sale so we would have to pay 10% of what we receive.
    If it makes it any easier, you could consider our 20% cut (assuming 20% is correct) of any Burnley sale to be an 18% cut - as that will take our payment to Bury into account. (Because 10% of our 20% is 2%, and 20% minus 2% equals 18%)
    Although to further complicate it, these sell on deals are usually a percentage of the profit aren’t they? I don’t remember what Burnley paid us initially, but you might have to subtract that amount from whatever fee they receive, then calculate 18% of the remainder to find the amount we’d actually receive.
    So, for example, if Burnley paid, let’s say £1.5 million to us and now sell him for, say £16 million - the profit is £14.5m. 18% of £14.5m is £2.61m which is what we’d receive. ( Or, if you like, 20% of £14.5m is £2.9m and 10% of that is £0.29m, so we’d get £2.9m-£0.29m = £2,610,000.)
    Simple.

Youre welcome. 😎