Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Sorry, what player was it that leaked the news to JJ?
    Conor Washington or his agent leaked the news I think.
    It was Washington,he was told by MS about a possible change of manager,Washington told Jacko ,who confronted TS who told him that it was nonsence,we all know what happened next.MS also insisted that Burstow appeared for a certain amount of times in a certain amount of games due to  transfer conditions,that is why our own players where on the bench .Jacko was furious ,especially as it was he who got the stick.This is totally reliable information,and confirms a lot of speculation about the involvement of MS,I repeat this will end in tears.
    Tell me how Sandgaard is any different to Roland.
    TS is a world apart from Roland,in as much as I do think he wants the club to succeed and will put his money in.I think he has made a monumental error in getting his son involved,when he has little in experience to offer.what does he know about players contracts etc,this sort of negotiation should be in the hands of professionals.
    Martin Sandgaard is leading the analytics (not saying I agree with that), negotiating contracts has remained Gallen’s responsibility.
    Remember when it was all done by the manager who often had the title, like Jimmy Seed, of General Secretary 🤔 
    His title was Secretary Manager. You’re thinking of the the trade unions?
    I wasn't thinking of Trade Union . I just thought  I read that in Jimmy Seed's biography, a small and detailed book.

It’s not that small.

He was Secretary Manager, and according to my mum, was proud of the title. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Uboat said:
    This Mrs Jackson birthday meal is starting to rival the OXO Tower obsession.
    Have you ever taken your wife up the OXO tower?
    Used to take my ex up The Wrong Un quite often
    I had to Google it. What a bizarre name for a pub. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DA9 said:
    Thing is. Browny has no more of an inside track or authority than any of us. It’s just an opinion as valid as yours or mine.
    This…. Beat me to it 

Listening to some of Brownie's commentaries, I forget he won a La Liga medal at the heart of Barcelona's defence.
  • Options
    If Washington was told his contract wouldn't be renewed as new manager might not fancy him that is at odds with a recent  statement that some contract situations will be resolved before new man comes in (or did I imagine that last bit?!)

Maybe someone is ready to come in and indicated Washington isn't in their plans or if not he's not in the plans of the current decision makers maybe.

A player asks about his contract before the end of the season and gets told "we aren't in a position to make a decision yet, we don't even know who the manager will be." Just a statement of fact, not confirmation that Jackson was going to be sacked. I don't believe Sandgaard made his mind up until later on, possibly even after the Ipswich shambles. 
  • Options
    If Washington was told his contract wouldn't be renewed as new manager might not fancy him that is at odds with a recent  statement that some contract situations will be resolved before new man comes in (or did I imagine that last bit?!)

Maybe someone is ready to come in and indicated Washington isn't in their plans or if not he's not in the plans of the current decision makers maybe.

A player asks about his contract before the end of the season and gets told "we aren't in a position to make a decision yet, we don't even know who the manager will be." Just a statement of fact, not confirmation that Jackson was going to be sacked. I don't believe Sandgaard made his mind up until later on, possibly even after the Ipswich shambles. 
    That’s changed the quote quite a bit though hasn’t it? Sounds like he was specifically told there would be a new manager. 
  • Options

"We aren't in a position to make a decision yet"

Not the same as Jackson won't be here !
    Even though it came to fruition; not helped by the on the beach display in the last match.

What I do know is the words spoken to me about the time JJ was on his way on bank holiday Monday. Yes Monday afternoon, not Sunday Evening at the POTY.

"The gaffer doesn't know what happening with his own situation and some of the lads are in limbo"

There was no past tense in talking about JJ but the uncertainty was clear. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Sorry, what player was it that leaked the news to JJ?
    Conor Washington or his agent leaked the news I think.
    It was Washington,he was told by MS about a possible change of manager,Washington told Jacko ,who confronted TS who told him that it was nonsence,we all know what happened next.MS also insisted that Burstow appeared for a certain amount of times in a certain amount of games due to  transfer conditions,that is why our own players where on the bench .Jacko was furious ,especially as it was he who got the stick.This is totally reliable information,and confirms a lot of speculation about the involvement of MS,I repeat this will end in tears.
    Tell me how Sandgaard is any different to Roland.
    TS is a world apart from Roland,in as much as I do think he wants the club to succeed and will put his money in.I think he has made a monumental error in getting his son involved,when he has little in experience to offer.what does he know about players contracts etc,this sort of negotiation should be in the hands of professionals.
    Martin Sandgaard is leading the analytics (not saying I agree with that), negotiating contracts has remained Gallen’s responsibility.
    Remember when it was all done by the manager who often had the title, like Jimmy Seed, of General Secretary 🤔 
    His title was Secretary Manager. You’re thinking of the the trade unions?
    I wasn't thinking of Trade Union . I just thought  I read that in Jimmy Seed's biography, a small and detailed book.

It’s not that small.

He was Secretary Manager, and according to my mum, was proud of the title. 
    It was a bloody good book, full of facts and detail. It was a large book,  more a hand book in a way. 

I did understand he was Secretary Manager when you told me. I simply made an error . I haven't  read the book in years . I didn't commit a felony even a misdemeanor. 
    Agreed. You won’t even get a FPN for that one. 
    Bit if you did, would you resign?
  • Options
    The latest Facebook rumour is that Jackson was sacked for picking Washington after he was told to play MB.

Sounds like mixing 3 different stories together to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Thank for passing on the words of Alan Curbishley:

It has more kudos from Curbs than from a guy on his soap box, Naby Sarr, Fanny Fanackapan etc who felt JJ wasn't given the chance that Chris Powell was to bring in his own players after a mid table finish in the 3rd tier. 
  • Options
    No retweet from the club so far…

Classy statement from Jacko 👍
  • Options
    No retweet from the club so far…

Classy statement from Jacko 👍
    They have now.
  • Options
    Manager of AFC Wimbledon. Very decent gig. 
  • Options
    JJ sacked for not playing MB .Is TS the new RD.

Like being a child where the rich kid got to play because  he had the ball and insisted  on picking the side. 
    You do talk some rubbish
    More than some rubbish. Verbal diarrhoea. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    As I said JJ would be successful either at Charlton or somewhere else I'm now saying somewhere else and that could be Wimbledon. Not sure of Wimbledon's budget in League 2 but I really want Johnnie Jackson to do well after the 12 years at Cafc with the highs and the lows but on the few occasions I spoke to him direct he always came across as a good football man totally committed; whether, player, coach or manager.

His legs may have gone but he will still have success with    3-5-2 🤞
  • Options
    Class what you would expect from the man. Thanks for everything Jacko and good luck with everything.
  • Options
    Classy guy is Jacko. Mind you he looks exhausted in his SLP photo signing for AFCW. Wish him all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Class in every respect, always was, always will be. We'll never know how much or a success, or failure he'd have been. But in many respects I'm not sure had he stayed it would have been obvious anyway, one hand tied behind his back.

ps, yes, TS is the new softer cuddlier version of RD, I said that a year ago and have seen nothing to convince me otherwise, only confirm it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The latest Facebook rumour is that Jackson was sacked for picking Washington after he was told to play MS.

Sounds like mixing 3 powerful shots together to me.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    From JJ on Twitter

When he was sacked, he was exhausted, tad heart broken and angry.

His personal self belief was minimised when TS only offered him an unheard of disrespectful nonsense contract. I doubt negotiations were positive conversations.

At the time, that feeling unfortunately got passed down to the players. They lost momentum

They were all working their socks off and speaking highly of JJ to help him get the job when he was the caretaker manager.

It would have been best if he never got the permanent job.

Thomas sandgaurd is just all talk. The king of bullshit.

Actions speak louder than words and we are stuck.

• Options
    Good luck Jacko.

I have the highest respect for you and thank you for all the thrills you have given on the field and off it over these last 12 years. Always a class act with 100% effort. A Charlton Legend in every respect.

Sorry to see you go as I felt, given time to build your own team, you would have achieved success and restored the pride in the club we all love.

Our loss, Wimbledon`s gain. Probably the owner`s poorest decision to date.
  • Options
    Cream rises to the top. Will always feel a wasted opportunity. Good luck JJ
  • Options

• Options
    4 losses on the bounce for AFC now. 

Looks like I'm going to Bradford v AFC on Saturday while in Yorkshire as friend is a fan. Didn't realise Mark Hughes was their manager now.
  • Options
    Chris Gunter really making a difference for them
  • Options
    Ha! Jees - just seen Bradford's home attendance average is just over 17k this season. Didn't expect that.