Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Good 2-1 away win at Crawley, with a goal from Davison - and up to 7th now. They were down to ten men in the 65th minute when 2-0 up, after a sending off. Good to see Jackson turning things round gradually. 
  • Options
    His tenure with us was just a little too early in his managerial career.  We often forget how inexperienced he was when hired.  We all know he is good at motivating the squad.  If his tactical decision making improves, he could very easily climb up the managerial ranks.  
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Looks like the xG and bookies were right on AFC Wimbledon and they are in fact a good side. 

Jackson getting praise recently for his tactical flexibility (definitely a new string to his bow!) switching between his usual 4-4-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond in-game and also from the start of the game in tonight’s win. Developing into a good manager it seems 
    He had to … Wimbledon fans wanted him out he because he was one dimensional manager like he was with us .. looks like someone told him what he needed to do or the players he had made him change systems .. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    NabySarr said:
    Looks like the xG and bookies were right on AFC Wimbledon and they are in fact a good side. 

Jackson getting praise recently for his tactical flexibility (definitely a new string to his bow!) switching between his usual 4-4-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond in-game and also from the start of the game in tonight’s win. Developing into a good manager it seems 
    He had to … Wimbledon fans wanted him out he because he was one dimensional manager like he was with us .. looks like someone told him what he needed to do or the players he had made him change systems .. 
    Christ. You do talk some bollocks.

It must be deliberate. 
    Off_it said:
    NabySarr said:

Christ. You do talk some bollocks.

It must be deliberate. 
    It's not.
  • Options
    5-3 win last night, into the playoffs.
  • Options
    I prefer the emperors new clothes.Garner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny there were no comments after boxing day
  • Options
    His tenure with us was just a little too early in his managerial career.  We often forget how inexperienced he was when hired.  We all know he is good at motivating the squad.  If his tactical decision making improves, he could very easily climb up the managerial ranks.  
    We could do with someone, anyone..... who right now would motivate our squad.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    The starting point for a lower league manager must be how do I improve the chances of my team winning. Jackson had to come up with a plank of an owner whilst with us who thought he knew better how to play without spending the money required. Jackson didn't care if it was pretty or not, and how pretty has it been since he left. I knew he had something and we should absolutely have kept him. Too many wankers owning the club in recent years who think they know better than a good manager. The skill in an owner is identifying the manager and backing him. 
  • Options
    Funny there were no comments after boxing day
    Why’s that funny? They lost yeah. Nice one.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Jackson wasn’t ready for our job, at Wimbledon it has taken him a while to get going and our fans definitely do not have the patience for that. I would have loved to have seen him backed and given time but I think the move to Wimbledon was probably the best thing that could have happened for him, staying with us could have ruined him like it has Garner, Adkins, Holden and soon to be Appleton.

But since he left we have been terrible out of possession, at least under Jackson we were semi-competent defensively and could actually put together a half-decent press. Now every game I’m left wondering what are they actually doing at the training ground all week 

I disagree and I'm not sure your examples really back up your point here. 

You seen the impressive job Adkins is doing at Tranmere? That's his first managerial job since he left us.

Garner agree to an extent, although was he really any good anyway? He had one good season at Swindon and a really poor spell at Bristol Rovers before that.

Too early to say with Holden. He's just another out of work manager waiting for his next opportunity. I'm sure it will come and then let's see if he's ruined. 

Getting the sack as a football manager is par for the course, it happens to the best of them. It would probably have happened to Jacko at some point at CAFC, anyway, but I don't think it would have ruined him had he got to start the next season with us which was the least he deserved and it then didn't work out. I'm sure he was pretty shocked and devastated by the timing and the method by which he did get the bullet. If that didn't ruin him, what would have?

Fully agree with your last paragraph.
  • Options
    edited January 9
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67914604

'Johnnie Jackson: AFC Wimbledon boss banned and fined after red card'

Rebel rebel
  • Options
    Why do we need to be mentioned in the article? :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do we need to be mentioned in the article? :D
    Because we're so massive  ;)
  • Options
    January will be a tough month for Wimbledon. 2 of their strikers are at the Asia Cup all month, including top goalscorer Al Hamadi. If they can get through this month without dropping too many points they should get play offs 
  • Options
    JJ should have been given the summer window, instead we hired Garner and signed a bunch of L2 standard players which we haven't really moved on from 
    Fair point
  • Options
    Come back 
  • Options
    Deserves a club that gives him time to grow. Hope he never comes back while we’re a circus (not that he’s done anything to warrant coming back) 
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see Appleton’s farewell message…
    😉
  • Options
    😉
    I wanted to let the pay off clear before speaking.
    It's difficult to find the right words and not laugh with my hands stuck in my pockets.
    But after a number of truly forgettable games, and a big fat pay off I guess
    the words are "thank you"!
    Thank you to the board for their unwavering pay off
    Thank you for letting me take you in and making my hourly pay HUGE!
    Thank you for the memories of last minute goals, I will giggle forever!
    I was so proud to earn so much in such little time.

Thank you for everything, good luck in league two..........

Apples x
  • Options
    😉
    just out of interest, did anyone on here meet him afterwards in the car park?