Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• No announcement expected for another week …. TS due over end of next week 
    I read that earlier 
  • cafcfan 1990. Did you say we improved when Jackson took over from Adkins? Well I suppose you could argue that, as he had a little bounce at the beginning but come on, the football was dire, the tactics were naïve and didn't suit the players we had. I concede that Boyer improved us after Robinson, but ultimately he ran out of ideas as well. Like I said, it's a bloody mess
  • Sorry, you are right what a massive achievement that was
  • Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club is
    As long as they don't use triggers
  • edited May 2022
    Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club is

Well, it did have 17 new heads and 14 new handles... B)
  • shirty5 said:
    No announcement expected for another week …. TS due over end of next week 
    I read that earlier 
    Where was this?
  • Scoham said:
    shirty5 said:
    I read that earlier 
    Where was this?
    Dare i say, Plymouth Herald.. B)
  • edited May 2022
    Dumb idea 😂
  • Sponsored links:

I didn't say it was did I? You said we didn't improve under Jackson but he moved us up 9 places. That's what I responded to. 
  • edited May 2022
    Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club
  • Can sack Jackson over the phone but has to be here in person before we can announce a new manager. Can’t pass up an opportunity to make it all about him I suppose.
    Joint EP release. 
  • TS is going to reveal our next manager on TikTok through the medium of interpretive dance.

We can all kick off if he looks very patient
  • Scoham said:
    We’re getting closer to figuring this out - Darren Bent’s doing a Twitter Q&A and probably won’t go into management.
    I'll stick a tenner on him & watch his odds come in at around 10/1.
  • Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club is

Blimey you got the numbers right. :smiley:
  • No announcement expected for another week …. TS due over end of next week 
    Is he meeting the Queen then...?
  • Even the rumours have dried up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Is he meeting the Queen then...?
    Yeah she's our new winger and the corgis will be our new mascots 

Not unless thomas see William in that charlton shirt and wants to sign him up 

Blimey you got the numbers right. :smiley:
    Google... ;)
  • Vincent Kompany in talks for the Burnley job. 
  • edited May 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    cafcfan 1990. Did you say we improved when Jackson took over from Adkins? Well I suppose you could argue that, as he had a little bounce at the beginning but come on, the football was dire, the tactics were naïve and didn't suit the players we had. I concede that Boyer improved us after Robinson, but ultimately he ran out of ideas as well. Like I said, it's a bloody mess
    The fact that we were 23rd when jackson took over and we finished 14th suggests to me that we improved.

Adkins first 13 games in charge:

9 points (2W,3D,8L)  scoring 15 goals, conceding 23.

Jackson same fixtures:

10 points (3W,1D,9L) Scoring 11 goals, conceding 21.

Suggests to me Jackson didn't really improve us at all. We were rubbish and so was Jackson at managing this team.

Let's not rewrite history:

Adkins first 13 games this Season were:
    W2 L8 D3= 9 points

From when Johnnie Jackson picked the team at Sunderland, his first 13 League results were:
    W7 L3 D3= 24 points from 13 matches.

And that was from 22nd place.

Thomas Sandgaard has made his decision and he has that right but let's get the facts correct.

It's not being pedantic to point out that JJ was successful in getting Cafc to mid table, he couldn't get them higher for a variety of reasons including injuries and Fraser and Aneke not being fit enough to hit the ground running after joining the club which cost Cafc at least 6 more points if not more.

The points total was disappointing once he was named as manager but he was picking the team as caretaker so at least lets not erase those results from the history books.

I think he was referring to the games v Wednesday, Oxford, MK Dons, Wigan, Crewe etc etc that both managed against this season.

One had half a squad, one had no center forwards.  
  • Martin Sangard is 4th favourite, you couldn’t make it up…only Charlton 
    Nobody is saying we had a successful season. I don't think I've read anyone say we would have finished in the play offs had Jackson been manager all season. But Jackson took over a team in a relegation fight and took us to a comfortable mid-table finish. I don't think we were particularly good to watch, the tactics were boring and repetitive but I do think we managed to squeeze out some results, even after the 'new manager bounce'. 

End of the day, Jackson cannot be blame for finishing 13th. He was handicapped, realistically we were never going to be able to finish higher than about 8th. 
  • In a multiplex near you.

CARRY ON COCKUP!

• Martin Sangard is 4th favourite, you couldn’t make it up…only Charlton 
    Just you wait