Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Shrew said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Starting to get silly. Needs to pull the trigger and appoint someone now. 
    I’d rather he just found the right manager
    I'd rather he was able to actually get his preferred choice(s).
    Number one target .. might be taking a break now ??
    Still munching on his Kitkat
    Is that a euphemism?
  • I reckon we’re going to do things a little bit differently by appointing a permanent caretaker manager.
  • Macronate said:
    I reckon we’re going to do things a little bit differently by appointing a permanent caretaker manager.
    that's better
  • Macronate said:
    I reckon we’re going to do things a little bit differently by appointing a permanent caretaker manager.
    Didn’t Katrien want Karel Fraeye’s title to be “interim caretaker”?
  • We’re getting closer to figuring this out - Darren Bent’s doing a Twitter Q&A and probably won’t go into management.
  • Macronate said:
    No I think we will actually instigate a Pathway for Caretakers.
    We have seen empirically that the best results come when a caretaker is appointed.
    The mistake was to make them permanent, we just need a rolling conveyor belt, so that when the caretaker starts to fail the assistant is made caretaker.  ;)
  •  I keep checking every day to see if we have a new manger, and  I also see that clubs are picking up new players already.---- I get the impression that like the person who is pissed off with  their job, jacks it in, before securing an altenative one .Do i see a T S analogy here ? Sacking J J before he hasn't a clue who is coming in. Are we sure this man is a millionaire,who makes the smart moves in the board room. Or just a lucky wheeler dealer? --- As i say the pickings of the player crop are being taken now, By the time a new manager comes in, he will be a 4th - 5th choice like Adkins, and we will get the dregs and left overs, just like we did last season. With a very limited pre season get together ,and being beaten hollow by Welling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    We have seen empirically that the best results come when a caretaker is appointed.
    The mistake was to make them permanent, we just need a rolling conveyor belt, so that when the caretaker starts to fail the assistant is made caretaker.  ;)
     So its Jason Euel then. We could do a lot worse at this rate
  • Message to Thomas. Ok, stop farting about now trying to be cleverer than everybody else. When it comes to football you are clearly not. You are a decent bloke with your heart in the right place so don't let this drag on any longer. If we are not about to appoint anybody imminently, give it to Euell on a caretaker basis and lets start getting on with the job now.
    So your plan is that we keep giving the job to the person junior to the last person we sacked for not achieving?  Sooner or later it's going to the person who counts the chips into cartons at half time.
    Well I don't think we should have sacked JJ. But carry on making it up as you go along if you think it makes you sound like you know what you are talking about. It is how Curbs and Bowyer got the job by the way. But give the manager a chance to succeed or fail FFS! JJ wasn't given that chance and now when we should be planning and talking to targets we haven't even got a manager!
  • edited May 2022
    Something definitely maybe announced sometime sooner or later...BLOODY HELL, GET A MOVE ON FFS.. ;)
  • Message to Thomas. Ok, stop farting about now trying to be cleverer than everybody else. When it comes to football you are clearly not. You are a decent bloke with your heart in the right place so don't let this drag on any longer. If we are not about to appoint anybody imminently, give it to Euell on a caretaker basis and lets start getting on with the job now.
    So your plan is that we keep giving the job to the person junior to the last person we sacked for not achieving?  Sooner or later it's going to the person who counts the chips into cartons at half time.
    Well I don't think we should have sacked JJ. But carry on making it up as you go along if you think it makes you sound like you know what you are talking about. It is how Curbs and Bowyer got the job by the way. But give the manager a chance to succeed or fail FFS! JJ wasn't given that chance and now when we should be planning and talking to targets we haven't even got a manager!
    Let’s not gloss over the shit football JJ was over seeing, two sides to the story and all that.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • When we instigate the new system of fans taking it in turns to pick the team (and I fully endorse @Coyotejohn1947’s excellent suggestion that for away games, fans living nearest the opposition’s ground should pick those teams) my worry is how would we avoid ‘fifth columnist’ fans of other clubs getting involved?
    Not an insoluble problem mind you.
  • edited May 2022
    Message to Thomas. Ok, stop farting about now trying to be cleverer than everybody else. When it comes to football you are clearly not. You are a decent bloke with your heart in the right place so don't let this drag on any longer. If we are not about to appoint anybody imminently, give it to Euell on a caretaker basis and lets start getting on with the job now.
    You can argue if Jackson should or shouldn't have been sacked, I can actually see both sides and don't have a strong view either way.

But what I think is beyond arguing is that neither Jackson nor Adkins were allowed to succeed or fail on their own merits.

Unless that changes dramatically it doesn't really matter who the next manager is or when they are appointed.  It's more important that they have a plan and are allowed to execute it.
  • Sponsored links:

• paulg1947 said:
    Macronate said:
     So its Jason Euel then. We could do a lot worse at this rate
    Well, Thomas has very shrewdly already appointed him.
    Meanwhile for public consumption he is going through a sham recruitment process.
    He already knows that anybody he really wants won't be interested in Charlton, why would they.
    And any loser or has been that does want the job will naturally be overlooked.
    Just need Tommy to hold his nerve and not impulsively appoint somebody lower down the food chain than Jase  ;)  
  • To be honest Beale is my first choice but if Jason Euell got it I would be happy with that. Although at some point I did say a clean sweep was needed. I can see the logic with JE plus I guess he's used to the set up and will not cost that much.
  • Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club is
  • Losing interest rapidly I am afraid. Last season was dire and I have a feeling that the appointment of Jason Euell would be more of the same, after all he was part of Boyers and JJ's team. I feel a new broom is needed, with a fresh team on board. One way or another it's already going to be very difficult to be ready for next season with no appointment on the horizon. What a mess this club is
    I'm not saying I want Euell but wasn't Bowyer part of Robinson's team? Jackson was part of Adkins team and we still improved. I think it's daft to rule it out and don't see the argument at all that the new manager has to have fresh ideas. Bowyer didn't play Robinson's formation/tactics, and Jackson didn't play the same as any of the three manager he had worked under. 
  • To be honest Beale is my first choice but if Jason Euell got it I would be happy with that. Although at some point I did say a clean sweep was needed. I can see the logic with JE plus I guess he's used to the set up and will not cost that much.
    Well I absolutely would not be happy if it was Euell.
    We need a new manager with new ideas. 
    Also if after 3 or 4 weeks of interviews Euell is the best he cab come up with what does that say about Sandgaard. 
    I'm not saying a bad word about Sandgaard. I'm always met with Amis this Amis that. Sandgaard is the best owner we can hope for and he saved the club.
  • You can almost hear the scraping noises from the bottom of the barrel.  
  • No announcement expected for another week …. TS due over end of next week