Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Martin Sangard is 4th favourite, you couldn’t make it up…only Charlton 
    You get literally get Ronald McDonald down to 8/1 with a £20 bet
    Imagine the response from the vegetarian and vegan on here.
    😂
  • edited May 2022
    Martin Sangard is 4th favourite, you couldn’t make it up…only Charlton 
    Must lump on, can we get him to number one?
  • Martin Sangard is 4th favourite, you couldn’t make it up…only Charlton 
    He can’t manage he don’t have the badges or certificates that is needed … so that’s just total crap 
  • Jac_52 said:
    cafcfan 1990. Did you say we improved when Jackson took over from Adkins? Well I suppose you could argue that, as he had a little bounce at the beginning but come on, the football was dire, the tactics were naïve and didn't suit the players we had. I concede that Boyer improved us after Robinson, but ultimately he ran out of ideas as well. Like I said, it's a bloody mess
    The fact that we were 23rd when jackson took over and we finished 14th suggests to me that we improved.

Adkins first 13 games in charge:

9 points (2W,3D,8L)  scoring 15 goals, conceding 23.

Jackson same fixtures:

10 points (3W,1D,9L) Scoring 11 goals, conceding 21.

Suggests to me Jackson didn't really improve us at all. We were rubbish and so was Jackson at managing this team.

Let's not rewrite history:

Adkins first 13 games this Season were:
    W2 L8 D3= 9 points

From when Johnnie Jackson picked the team at Sunderland, his first 13 League results were:
    W7 L3 D3= 24 points from 13 matches.

And that was from 22nd place.

Thomas Sandgaard has made his decision and he has that right but let's get the facts correct.

It's not being pedantic to point out that JJ was successful in getting Cafc to mid table, he couldn't get them higher for a variety of reasons including injuries and Fraser and Aneke not being fit enough to hit the ground running after joining the club which cost Cafc at least 6 more points if not more.

The points total was disappointing once he was named as manager but he was picking the team as caretaker so at least lets not erase those results from the history books.

I'm not erasing anything just pointing out that Jackson achieved 1 point more against the teams Adkins managed to get 9 points from. Neither were good enough.
  • No doubt it will be Thomas finding somebody that has agreed to marry him. 
  • So despite interviewing people we haven't actually officially approached anyone, makes as much sense as one "ITK" poster I can think of.
  • Nixon also claiming it's someone that's in work. Would embed the tweet but whoever asked it has deleted the original tweet 

• Sponsored links:

• "In work" its Beale I tell ya !!!! Why u no risson????
  • Jac_52 said:
    cafcfan 1990. Did you say we improved when Jackson took over from Adkins? Well I suppose you could argue that, as he had a little bounce at the beginning but come on, the football was dire, the tactics were naïve and didn't suit the players we had. I concede that Boyer improved us after Robinson, but ultimately he ran out of ideas as well. Like I said, it's a bloody mess
    The fact that we were 23rd when jackson took over and we finished 14th suggests to me that we improved.

Adkins first 13 games in charge:

9 points (2W,3D,8L)  scoring 15 goals, conceding 23.

Jackson same fixtures:

10 points (3W,1D,9L) Scoring 11 goals, conceding 21.

Suggests to me Jackson didn't really improve us at all. We were rubbish and so was Jackson at managing this team.

I thought Adkins started well and was 1 point from playoffs including a 6-0 win at Plymouth and wins against Lincoln , Hull, and Sunderland. 

Jackson first 7 games were good also including the Bristol Rovers game that he managed after Bowyer left.

Yes both started extremely well, and by well I mean what we should expect us to be achieving in this division.

Was mainly illustrating the point that Jackson didn't improve us if you judge the results he got Vs the same teams we played in the first 13 games under Adkins.
  • ButtleJR said:
    They are still interviewing. Not sure on anything else. 
    Must mean at least a few of the top choices we had have rejected or playing hardball 
    Rejection can be a two way street. There is a possibility that candidates can interview badly and the employer ends the process.
  • ButtleJR said:
    They are still interviewing. Not sure on anything else. 
    Must mean at least a few of the top choices we had have rejected or playing hardball 
    Or that they’re just still interviewing.  
  • Xabi Alonso has left Real Sociedad B
  • Ok if that is the case then I'm getting alarmed now.
    If we look at the stated aims there just ain't enough managers or coaches that are available or would be interested in the job to warrant weeks of interviews ! How many actually feasible possibilities are there do you think ? 7 maybe 8 ? How long would it take you to interview them, narrow it down to second interviews ? And appoint. 7 - 10 days perhaps ?

I'm starting to think something is going pearshapped 
  • Sponsored links:

Could be the new villa assistant 

• AndyG said:
    Ok if that is the case then I'm getting alarmed now.
    If we look at the stated aims there just ain't enough managers or coaches that are available or would be interested in the job to warrant weeks of interviews ! How many actually feasible possibilities are there do you think ? 7 maybe 8 ? How long would it take you to interview them, narrow it down to second interviews ? And appoint. 7 - 10 days perhaps ?

I'm starting to think something is going pearshapped 
    🍐 

Good shout - wants to join an ‘elite’ club apparently.

Is that us?
  • IAgree said:
    Xabi Alonso has left Real Sociedad B

Is that us?
    No - I was agreeing with @Red_Chester that he could join Villa to replace Beale.
  • To be fair Sandgaard did say the interview process would take time (even perhaps up to pre season) did he not?
  • To be fair Sandgaard did say the interview process would take time (even perhaps up to pre season) did he not?
    Sounds like a recipe for success