Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• @Cafc43v3r Narrowed my guessed down to two people either PH or KM? Am I close? 
  • I doubt @Cafc43v3r will name the managers who have subsequently found employment elsewhere, nor should he. 

But I would ask @Cafc43v3r this.......would that person (or persons) have been a good fit / someone you think we would have been happy with. 
  • 125 pages in I have two familiar and comforting words for you - fish puns
  • @Cafc43v3r Narrowed my guessed down to two people either PH or KM? Am I close? 
    The reaction on here if he'd appointed Katrien Meire!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I doubt @Cafc43v3r will name the managers who have subsequently found employment elsewhere, nor should he. 

But I would ask @Cafc43v3r this.......would that person (or persons) have been a good fit / someone you think we would have been happy with. 
    The person that Thomas wanted, and had spoken to (that obviously doesn't mean it was 100% done deal) would have been a great appointment. 

The person that applied twice before but said no thanks this time (to an interview not the job BTW) would have been quite logical but not universally popular.

I won't say any more.....But we wouldn't have gone up this season under Klopp or Pep so that one's doesn't matter as much imo.

I have no idea, any more than most, who is currently under serious consideration but I wouldn't trust the odds. 
    Neil Harris is my guess......what do I win?
  • Adkins was sacked on 21st October.

Wilder was appointed at Boro on 7th November.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I doubt @Cafc43v3r will name the managers who have subsequently found employment elsewhere, nor should he. 

The person that Thomas wanted, and had spoken to (that obviously doesn't mean it was 100% done deal) would have been a great appointment. 

The person that applied twice before but said no thanks this time (to an interview not the job BTW) would have been quite logical but not universally popular.

I won't say any more.....But we wouldn't have gone up this season under Klopp or Pep so that one's doesn't matter as much imo.

I have no idea, any more than most, who is currently under serious consideration but I wouldn't trust the odds. 
    Hasselbank? 
  • sammy391 said:

I have absolutely zero memory of that

Ex Charlton player, that's good enough for me.  Get him in.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I will neither confirm nor deny.  But your wrong 

I like your style; that has tickled me.

• RoytheBoy said:
    The new manager/coach will be put before the media on the next visit to the UK by the owner of Charlton Athletic FC, Mr Thomas Sandgaard.  Until then……..let’s all be patient, the season has only just finished, football is now on holiday for a few weeks. 
    Our season finished 3 weeks and 3 days ago and Bolton et al are recruiting players NOW !
    One player … 

Taylor and Harris both said the same over past few days that nothing happening at the moment and don’t expect things to start till June 
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Hasselbank? 
    I win hasselbaink!!!!!! I withdraw from the competition 
  • Jody Morris is ex Millwall.

No thanks.
  • After reading 126 pages of this thread I have come to the conclusion that absolutely no one has a fucking clue  who our next manager will be  
    FACT 
    I reckon Rich Cawley does........the secretive little minx 
    He doesn't because no one does, including Thomas.
  • I have it on very good information that it will 100% be Michael Beale...........or someone else 
  • Do we actually need a manager?
    Katriene Meire  :o:o:o  Unfinished business !
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    After reading 126 pages of this thread I have come to the conclusion that absolutely no one has a fucking clue  who our next manager will be  
    FACT 
    I reckon Rich Cawley does........the secretive little minx 
    He doesn't because no one does, including Thomas.

Have waited so long for this please let it be true
    Pep Huardiola or Kose Mourinho?
  • If you can get a decent price from any bookmaker on Stuart Pearce take it now before the story breaks.
  • tajaddick said:
    If you can get a decent price from any bookmaker on Stuart Pearce take it now before the story breaks.
    Please god no.
  • tajaddick said:
    If you can get a decent price from any bookmaker on Stuart Pearce take it now before the story breaks.

• JamesSeed said:
    Do we actually need a manager?
    No

The players should form an anarco-syndiclist collective and make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote of tactics but a two thirds majority on team selection.
    Brilliant idea. But perhaps we could assist them by voting on team selection and recruitment here on CL. They can’t very well vote for their own selection can they?
    Formation should also be voted for on a match by match basis. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Do we actually need a manager?
    maybe a fan vote could pick the team and tactics each week?