Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• I feel more persuaded by this appointment than I did about dear Nigel Adkins, so for me that's a start.
    I wish him well, why not? If he does well we do well.
    What will his chant be?
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome, Ben Garner. Just hope he does better than our last one season wonder from Swindon (Nicky Ajose). Guess we won’t be selling Davison.
    Or DJ.

Williams Davison DJ front 3

🍆💦💦💦
  • ButtleJR said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
    Huh?
  • Bottles said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
     Probably the Dulwich Hamlet manager as a back up in case Garner sleeps on it and realises what a shit show he's walking into.

• Impressive stats.
    Our black box is amazing!
    Maybe it should have got the gig iinstead!
  • Cue the level headed posters who knew all along it weren't gonna be a "name" and could see no point in discussing perspective candidates since JJ went....

colthe3rd said:
    To think, some of you were convinced we had a chance of getting Warburton.

.....Oh 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Canny choice. I wonder who is advising him? 
    I have said before it will take us two more years to get out of this league, but think we have a good chance of playoffs this season now.
    Pleased we have a young progressive manager. 
    Looking forward to reading the signings thread in the coming days and hearing how the recruitment team is shit and MS should not have been given the job.
  • Come on chaps, there is one massive positive in that lot - Swindon reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup under him for the first time in a decade. At last a Manager who gives the Cup some respect.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Huh?
    Mentioned Garner to sandgaard just now and be responded saying btw we're still interviewing...
    Please let it be Warburton lol 😆 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m not Sandgaard’s biggest fan but the reaction on here is pretty negative. We’ve gotta give Garner a chance here and a lot dismissing him have probably never watched a team of his. Palace or not, pretty good experience as a first team coach at a good level. The big plus for me is that he’s being allowed to bring his own coaching staff with him. 

Good luck to him. Sandgaard has to back him in the transfer market. 
    That’s the bottom line really - whoever comes in needs a few quality reinforcements. Garner’s stats look decent, but he’d have to be an alchemist to get the current squad anywhere
  • Good luck to him, impressive stats and has previously put together a squad in a hurry. Don’t understand why it’s taken so long however and hope he has input in terms of recruitment and a team available for pre seasons.

Hopefully TS has a prog metal anthem already penned to encourage him……
  • well we have a guy & his team in place and after last year gotta he better - just make us look like a team - because adkin & jacko failed 
  • Gribbo said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Huh?
    Mentioned Garner to sandgaard just now and be responded saying btw we're still interviewing...
    Gribbo said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Huh?
    LoL indeed
  • seth plum said:
    I feel more persuaded by this appointment than I did about dear Nigel Adkins, so for me that's a start.
    I wish him well, why not? If he does well we do well.
    What will his chant be?
    Ben Garner
    Woah,

Ben Garner 
    Woah.

We got him cos he’s cheap,

He makes the Palace weep.
    You should co write with Sandgaard!
  • Uninspiring to say the least. My guess is 3rd choice at best, probably 4th or 5th. Let’s hope he proves TS right and us wrong.
  • IAgree said:
    Good luck to him, impressive stats and has previously put together a squad in a hurry. Don’t understand why it’s taken so long however and hope he has input in terms of recruitment and a team available for pre seasons.

Hopefully TS has a prog metal anthem already penned to encourage him……
    Swindon only played their Play Off game on Thursday - interviews, compensation to be agreed etc etc and TS was almost certainly talking to other candidates in the interim
  • Mid-table mediocre League One team appoints good League Two manager, hold the front page!

He wouldn’t have been top of the shortlist and I don’t feel excited but by far it’s not the most uninspiring appointment we’ve ever had in our recent history. Let’s just see how it goes.
    Good?! Have you seen his managerial record?
  • I just hope that if he sees a player jumping out of a tackle, he makes him captain in the next game