Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• I don’t know what to think 🤔, for now, I’m out.
  • Would have loved Beale but I’m gonna get behind this fella now. You never know it might just work out. 
  • Some people on here need a lay down. 

Young, progressive and attack minded coach coming in. Will he succeed? No idea, but writing him off before he steps through the door is weird.
    Meaning unique?
  • edited May 2022
    Happy if he signs McKirdy 

Not happy if he plays Davison. 
  • edited May 2022
    We’ve faffed around for weeks and ended up with a league 2 manager who couldn’t achieve promotion from league 2, we need a good start to the season, or the fans will get on his back.
  • edited May 2022
    Context around his season at Swindon is important. They had half a dozen senior players in late July and made it into the playoffs.

His win percentage at Bristol Rovers was poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would also have loved Beale, but don’t think he was ready to be manage yet! 

Ben garner, I’ll leave judgement until he has a few months in the role! Something must have impressed! 

Let’s give him a chance- no Charlton relations, and hopefully will have a new style of play! 
  • edited May 2022
    I know little about him.
    Anyway whoever it was going to be, I will first and foremost judge them by results.
    If at the same time he adds value to Albie Morgan as a significant player for us then it will be impressive alongside the consistent accumulation of points. I choose Albie as a good example of a player that if reports are true Ben Garner ought to be able to improve. Let's see.
    Either way I am glad somebody is in, hopefully here on business, so let's get to work.
  • Got "yes man" written all over him

C'mon last minute hitch, lets be avin ya

• Swindon had the most shots and most possession out of all 24 teams in league 2 last season.
    But did they have the hardest shot?
  • edited May 2022
  • I am concerned about what happens to Jason Euell.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ben Garner actually ticks a lot of boxes.

"he's a phenomenal person. He's a top, top coach, his attention to detail is unreal and he sees things that we don't see. He's a class act all around".

Very much focused on developing young players.  Similar back ground to Beale in that he has a lot of coaching experience despite being quite young.

Knows the area as well so would pass the sat nav test.
    #boo

• Sponsored links:

• I’ve never heard of him . 
  • Coaching philosophy etc…

https://youtu.be/7sKFHELgNFQ
  • I’ve 99% thought Beale would never be coming here, a lot of wishful thinking, he’s not coming down to league 1, as other have said if true , this is a reality check of where we are, and who we can attract.
  • edited May 2022
    So that's why we extended Davison's contract

All coming together now, some palace connection so that's the Gallen link, knows what a high press is so that's the Sandgaard box checked. Swindon finished higher than we did in our league's so that's the ambition sorted.

It's Garner happen!

Knew it as soon as he was mentioned  ;)
  • edited May 2022
    We'll have to see how Garner does. As someone who has made a big case for Taylor, I am struggling to see exactly why Garner is favoured over him. Unless, of course, Taylor turned us down. Their respective records:

Taylor W 95 (45%)  D 63 (29%) L 55 (26%) - Average point per game 1.634
    Garner W 34 (38%) D 22 (25%)  L33 (37%) - Average point per game 1.393
  • seth plum said:
    I am concerned about what happens to Jason Euell.
    Probably stays a coach. 
  • See how it goes I suppose. We need to drop the entitlement of expecting a name I guess. It ain’t what we wanted but I can’t be arsed to be upset about it. We are a mid table league one team.

Just need to get behind the manager and his team and hope he does well. 

New chapter.