Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Yesterdays result was Charltonesque! 96 min headed equaliser from the smallest man on the pitch. Bet Jacko was fuming!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    NabySarr said:
    They had a really rough January transfer window. Best player was sold to Qatar and they also had 4 loan players recalled! I think for them to still be within touching distance of the play offs is a pretty good effort. Think it’s been a tough first season for Jackson and he’s coped well with it and showed a bit more adaptability. Next season I think he will be expected to deliver play offs minimum 
    I'd missed that move for Assal. A really random destination for a 20 year old!

They also brought in 5 new loan signings, including DJ who ought to be decent at L2 level.
    I thought that at first.  But when you realise he's a half decent player over here and will probably pick up a couple of grand a week at the most - then compare that with what he has the potential to earn over in Qatar.....and you realise why he may have done it.
    Young lad, adventurous and has a short career - probably wants to make them most of it while he can.  I'm envious to be honest
    If he's any good, then surely he could earn a move to a decent L1 club paying a lot more, and who knows what else afterwards. 
    It's no different to a lot of youngsters these days.  They want everything and they want it now!

He can continue to grind in L2, getting kicked around for a couple of years before maybe getting a move up the ladder - or he can go to Qatar, live a completely different lifestyle and make more in a year than he would in 5 years here AND play in an easier league.  More money for less work
    And if he’s any good he’ll get plenty of opportunities to come back to the U.K. Good luck to him. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Redhenry said:
    Yesterdays result was Charltonesque! 96 min headed equaliser from the smallest man on the pitch. Bet Jacko was fuming!
    Do I detect from your posts on here that you don't want him to do well?
    Of course I want him to do well!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Off_it said:
    Redhenry said:
    I don't think he is or will make a good football Manager, do you?
  • Options
    Not sure if there’s anything in it but Jackson has gone from 66/1 down to 8/1 today to be the new Oxford manager 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Not sure if there’s anything in it but Jackson has gone from 66/1 down to 8/1 today to be the new Oxford manager 
    Maybe Robinson recommended him.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Off_it said:
    Redhenry said:
    I agree.  I don’t think he’ll turn out to be a successful manager.  Only time will tell.  Both opinions are equally valid at the moment as he’s only a year and a bit into his career.

it will be interesting to see if he got the Oxford job.  
  • Options
    I can see his reasonable track record with us being a tick, but his Wimbledon team this season haven't stood out, so I'd be really surprised if Oxford went for him when the Cowleys, Liam Manning and Steve Morison have all been rumoured.  Suggestions Mark Warburton might be interested too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Off_it said:
    Redhenry said:

You can't wait to dig out Johnnie Jackson;
    have you or your football friend( scout, agent or coach ?) had personal dealings with him ?

Wimbledon are a mid table League 2 side and they lost to a team that could well finish in the top 6. 

Most managers over time are only as good as the players available. 

Jackson took a poor Charlton side (The worse ever according to many CL members)
    from 22nd to 13th. Cafc just didn't have the quality to go higher than mid table. JJ win rate at cafc is higher than most Charlton managers.

Not quite sure how he can get blood from a stone at Wimbledon but he will give it 100% as he did as a player. 
    Think your wrong there pal, get back in your box with your accusations. I just didn't rate him, when he was our manager, made some shocking decisions!
  • Options
    Time will tell I guess...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Time will tell I guess...
    Struggling again.  Next season will be the one he will be judged on I think 
  • Options
    He only seems to be able to get positive results in short bursts, and then bookends them with really bad winless runs. It was the same with us, I'm not quite sure how he manages to have the team lose its way so badly, pick them up for a period and then lose them again, but he needs to figure it out or he's destined to always be looking over his shoulder during the season before settling mid-table.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Lost today to Crawley and fans aren't happy on twitter 
  • Options
    Still think the summer will be his shot.  I can’t see it personally and said to my friend who supports AFC I think it will be Jackson’s last managerial job in football 
  • Options
    Crawley hadn't won away all season before today as well. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see him make it as a manager, it's hearing his opinion on things like Gilbey that make me think he might not.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'd like to see him make it as a manager, it's hearing his opinion on things like Gilbey that make me think he might not.
    And signing Gunter.
  • Options
    I don't get some of the comments here at times. A man who gave everything in his 10 years for us on and off the field yet everytime he has a bad result people seemingly want him to fail. I don't get it? 
    This.

Scoham said:
    I don't get some of the comments here at times. A man who gave everything in his 10 years for us on and off the field yet everytime he has a bad result people seemingly want him to fail. I don't get it? 
    Perhaps some would rather be proven right about their views of him as a manager than see him be successful?
    And this.