Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone want to provide some context?
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jacko's now deleted his Twitter account after Wimbledon fans dug up some supposedly sexist tweets from 2013.
    Imagine scrolling through ten years of Twitter posts in the hope of finding some dirt.

The club has only been in existence for 20 years. They are a bottom L1 team at best. 
  • Options
    Jayisemi, JFC and Gilbey all on the pitch yesterday.  What a horrible throw back to last season 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Jayisemi, JFC and Gilbey all on the pitch yesterday.  What a horrible throw back to last season 
    And Gunter.
  • Options
    Gilbey has been doing pretty well for Stevenage 
  • Options
    I know you can't take twitter as how all fans feel but from reading on there, a lot of their fans want him gone.

They ended 2022 on a 10 game unbeaten run. But fuck knows what they all did on NYE, as it's now just 2 wins in 20 since the turn of the year. It's a good job they had an ok first half of the season otherwise they'd be bang in relegation trouble.
  • Options
    I know you can't take twitter as how all fans feel but from reading on there, a lot of their fans want him gone.

They ended 2022 on a 10 game unbeaten run. But fuck knows what they all did on NYE, as it's now just 2 wins in 20 since the turn of the year. It's a good job they had an ok first half of the season otherwise they'd be bang in relegation trouble.
    If my brother in law is anything to go by, they've been questioning some of his decision making for a while
  • Options

Sold their star player to Qatar , lost one of their CMs to MK Dons and Brentford recalled their striker too. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Sold their star player to Qatar , lost one of their CMs to MK Dons and Brentford recalled their striker too. 
    But also brought in Ali Al-Hamadi who's been scoring lots of goals for them, plus replacement loan players.

The side seems mentally very brittle.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

But also brought in Ali Al-Hamadi who's been scoring lots of goals for them, plus replacement loan players.

The side seems mentally very brittle.

Seems like they concede a lot of late goals too , almost as bad as us in the championship where we had that habit of conceding in injury time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    PopIcon said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jacko's now deleted his Twitter account after Wimbledon fans dug up some supposedly sexist tweets from 2013.
    Imagine scrolling through ten years of Twitter posts in the hope of finding some dirt.

The club has only been in existence for 20 years. They are a bottom L1 team at best. 
    But in that time they've won the FA Cup.....so I'm told 😉
  • Options
    Gilbey has been doing pretty well for Stevenage 
    I’m not sure of his general contributions but I think he’s only bagged 3 or 4 goals for them.  Many on here were banging on about how he could still a job for us at the start of the season.  Imo he’s found his level.  
  • Options
    These were the ones that Wimbledon fans were on about
  • Options
    Shocked if they are real, if they are then fuck him.
  • Options
    Isn't SuzySue8 a charlton fan. Surely she would be able to shed some light on these tweets. I'm sure they were probably meant as an inside joke but obviously poorly thought about as shouldn't have said it
  • Options
    Genuinely doesn’t strike me as something Jackson would say.  He’s always come across as an intelligent bloke 
  • Options
    I doubt someone has spent the time photoshopping those tweets. Probably not a coincidence he’s deleted his account.
  • Options
    Desperately unfunny "banter"
  • Options
    Tweets are definitely from Jacko, he and a few Charlton players used to ‘banter’ each other similar to above tweets. 

The ones shown in the tweet are between Chris solly, Sollys Wife and someone else
  • Options

Sounds familiar doesn't it. A run of good results followed by a run of terrible results. With us it was a 6 match unbeaten run, 4 match winless run. 3 wins in a row, 7 matches without a win. His refusal to change his setup means that when it stops working he basically just waits for the bad period to end rather than trying to resolve it. Those winless runs will get longer and longer the more used to his style other teams get so he's really got to develop some other ways of playing. He's obviously a good motivator, let's hope he can develop tactically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tweets are definitely from Jacko, he and a few Charlton players used to ‘banter’ each other similar to above tweets. 

The ones shown in the tweet are between Chris solly, Sollys Wife and someone else
    Fairly sure that they are real but lacking a bit of context. Presumably an inside joke of some kind but taken purely at face value certainly don't give a good impression.
  • Options
    Probably sarky, or ironic/tongue in cheek, but agreed, not on a public forum!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Haha leave off 
  • Options
    'Inside jokes' are better off not being on a public forum such as twitter. 

Especially jokes like those. 
    Oh for sure. No argument there. I'm simply theorising that it's more likely to be a very misjudged and ill advised "joke" than Jackson actually believing sexist things.

Though this sort of thing is precisely why I don't use Twitter in the first place.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Probably sarky, or ironic/tongue in cheek, but agreed, not on a public forum!
    If banter involves rape references then that's seriously f***ed up - can't see how this can be excused?
  • Options
    Do we think JJ genuinely thinks that it's not rape if a man forces his wife to have sex? Um no. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Its clearly an "in joke" because it features his wife as well as Sue Gallop with whom he is a close friend.  

This is just a desperate attempt to get him out of the door and not a million miles from a paaparazzi hatchet job

It's ill advised comments for sure but this is 10 years ago.  The world has changed a lot in that time
    Agreed, it's not the first time I've seen something like this with a football player/manager. Andre Gray was one I believe