Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    The Kingstonian stuff was Not Good too. Throw in the fact they regard themselves as the final bastion of moral goodness in football and you have a pretty dislikeable package
    Actually, they lobbed Kingstonain a load of dough they didn't need to give them when they sold the ground. I know that for an absolute fact.

But, I'm not forgetting the fact that in their righteous quest to "return" to Plough Lane - where the club have never previously played - they didn't give a shit about trampling all over 90 years of greyhound racing history on the site. 

Nah, as the wise man said above, "fuck em".
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Love JJ, fuck em - hope they go down next year. Pointless club, JJ bigger than they will ever be
    Genuinely don’t understand this.  AFC are a club that had to start again after they lost their identity and rise up as a Phoenix club from the non leagues, something we might have to do given our current situation.  They gave Jackson a chance after what, 6 months as a full time manager under his belt and your love for Jackson means they’re a pointless club.  I understand we have clubs we dislike/think are pointless, but as a Charlton fan I struggle to see where the hate would come from.  It’s not like we’ve had any sort of history with them.  

I think that your affection for Jackson is getting in the way of objectively looking at what he’s achieved there.  I think he’s had it tough and a baptism of fire, but it doesn’t look great 
    I dunno, it all got a bit nasty when Robinson was our manager. The banner they held up, the volunteer giving Robinson some particularly nasty abuse, it all tipped my perception of them from a club I admired to a club with a fanbase that was more occupied with trying to get receipts for what happened in the past. Then the next time we played them it was all focused on abuse again. I don't hate the club and every team has fans that let them down every week, but there's definitely some history there that can influence how people feel about them.
    This….
    the banner and the staff members comments on that day, I was there, could have got nasty at the end, a lot of people were baying for blood when we we left the ground, they went right down in my sympathy stakes since.
    F*** them and franchise FC 
  • Options
    Nasty little club, wish them the worst.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Feel gutted that it's gone pear shaped with results for JJ at Wimbledon. I genuinely thought he could make a success of the job.

I don't do twitter etc because I didn't want some knobhead/fanny face with nothing better to do, to find some jokey/bad taste remarks I had made ten years ago to boomerang back when I'm famous and it ruins my reputation as a great football coach, Poet, Philosopher, Dad, Husband, Son, Brother, cousin and friend; as well as being very modest and humble !

Johnnie Jackson's banter was with his wife, Chris Solly and his wife, plus friend Sue Gallop and a few others by the looks of it. 

In the sliding door world, Fraser would've turned up fit and sharp and Chuks Aneke would've stayed fit and scored his goal every 100 minutes ratio and we may of nicked the sixth spot instead of hitting our ceiling in mid table.
    In the real world of hard knocks we fizzled out as we weren't good enough under the leadership of the Sandgaard's.

JJ didn't fail at Cafc as he took the team from 22th to 13th. Same thing this season with Holden taking the team from bottom 4 to mid table.

To be or not to be successful that is a 46 game Question 🤔
  • Options
    I don't get this whole we should play the tweets off as banter thing

And i think if it was anyone other than JJ a Charlton legend people would be making more of it then they are(if it was Bonne who tweeted for example)

The women in the kitchen one ok I can see that as maybe 10 years ago being banter they should really have been kept offline.

However the rape one isn't funny now wasn't funny then and will never be funny, that is the one that sticks with me, he wasn't an 18 year old making a stupid comment either he was old enough at the time to know better, but as I say it seems to be oh he is a Charlton legend and a nice bloke so it's ok.

I'm sorry that doesn't wash with me, it was a terrible attempt at humour and makes light of real victims of rape IMO
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    cabbles said:
    Love JJ, fuck em - hope they go down next year. Pointless club, JJ bigger than they will ever be
    Genuinely don’t understand this.  AFC are a club that had to start again after they lost their identity and rise up as a Phoenix club from the non leagues, something we might have to do given our current situation.  They gave Jackson a chance after what, 6 months as a full time manager under his belt and your love for Jackson means they’re a pointless club.  I understand we have clubs we dislike/think are pointless, but as a Charlton fan I struggle to see where the hate would come from.  It’s not like we’ve had any sort of history with them.  

I think that your affection for Jackson is getting in the way of objectively looking at what he’s achieved there.  I think he’s had it tough and a baptism of fire, but it doesn’t look great 
    I dunno, it all got a bit nasty when Robinson was our manager. The banner they held up, the volunteer giving Robinson some particularly nasty abuse, it all tipped my perception of them from a club I admired to a club with a fanbase that was more occupied with trying to get receipts for what happened in the past. Then the next time we played them it was all focused on abuse again. I don't hate the club and every team has fans that let them down every week, but there's definitely some history there that can influence how people feel about them.
    This….
    the banner and the staff members comments on that day, I was there, could have got nasty at the end, a lot of people were baying for blood when we we left the ground, they went right down in my sympathy stakes since.
    F*** them and franchise FC 
    Another 'this' from me. Don't like AFC at all, was pretty happy to help send them down last season.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what this banner said? I can't recall. 
  • Options
    I can't get past the fact that they have a trophy cabinet with the FA Cup in it......a trophy won by a totally different club 15 years before they were even formed.

• Options
    Can anyone tell me what this banner said? I can't recall. 
    Karl Robinson is a lying c**t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't get past the fact that they have a trophy cabinet with the FA Cup in it......a trophy won by a totally different club 15 years before they were even formed.

So when/if Charlton Athletic go out of Business and start again like the Phoenix from the ashes we lose our few hard earned Trophies ? 

"We are Charlton, we like no one"

I thought MK Dons were the bad guys but apparently not. 
  • Options
    https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2023/april/plc-board-update/

Sounds like they're giving him another go next season. Or perhaps lip service until the end of the season
  • Options
    https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2023/april/plc-board-update/

Sounds like they're giving him another go next season. Or perhaps lip service until the end of the season
    It reads as if he’ll be there at the start of next season.
  • Options
    Wimbledon fan I know doesn’t seem to be too sad with Jacko and says it’s expected with the players they’ve lost. Expects him to be there next season. 
  • Options
    That sounds like a genuine vote of confidence.

One massive issue they have, is that they crumble under pressure, something which hasn't changed from last season. You need your senior players to step up with strong leadership, but Chris Gunter as we know, only cares about Wales.
  • Options
    Could come back as a number 2 for Deano next season?
  • Options
    Could come back as a number 2 for Deano next season?
    I do hope not.  As I have said before he, Holden, the tea lady, half the players and the fans will know that deep down he wants Holden's job.  No matter what he says.

That's not healthy. 
  • Options
    They’ve stood by him.  Fair play.  Hopefully that will give him a bit more freedom from the pressure.  I would imagine the pressure of the bad run is in absolutely every thought he has.  Big summer for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    They’ve stood by him.  Fair play.  Hopefully that will give him a bit more freedom from the pressure.  I would imagine the pressure of the bad run is in absolutely every thought he has.  Big summer for him 

I wonder how many Charlton players he'll come in for.
  • Options

So when/if Charlton Athletic go out of Business and start again like the Phoenix from the ashes we lose our few hard earned Trophies ? 

But that's not what happened. Wimbledon didn't go out of business,  they moved grounds & changed their name. Just like Arsenal. 

Then a new club were formed & joined the EFL pyramid. Its not that hard to comprehend. Just look at the history books. 

But enough about that. 
  • Options

But that's not what happened. Wimbledon didn't go out of business,  they moved grounds & changed their name. Just like Arsenal. 

Then a new club were formed & joined the EFL pyramid. Its not that hard to comprehend. Just look at the history books. 

But enough about that. 

Most people can see who the real Wimbledon are though. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Could see DJ staying there and maybe Lavelle goes there? Wouldn't mind loaning them Deji or Henry (if he stays) for 6 months. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    cabbles said:

Hopefully all of them if we're lucky
    Morgan is out of contract.  I’m not sure how many others are that may fit their wage bill and they would want.  I can’t see Inniss getting offered a contract there after what happened at the end of last season.  Clare will cost too much in wages.  Not sure who’s left after that.  Is DJ’s contract up this summer?  I think it is.  
  • Options
    DJ has another year but Gilbey is out of contract.
  • Options
    Honestly people on here bashing him. Yes he’s struggling but where’s the support? He doesn’t deserve some of these comments. 
    He's got a 28% win record at Wimbledon, of course he's going to be called out on it. It proves that the many people on here who thought he really wasn't a good manager, are absolutely correct. 

After failing with us and now not being far off taking Wimbledon into non-league i don't exactly think the managerial offers will be flooding in. He's clearly more suited to being a coach/assistant manager and at best i think he might end up managing an academy team.
    Failing with us is very harsh! We were in the relegation zone when he took over and we ended up finishing 13th with a very average squad. That’s basically the same job Holden has done this season

According to Wimbledon they have the 17th largest playing budget in league 2 and have had 57% player availability compared to the league average of 86%. Yes he’s not done well this season but it does sound like it’s been in very tough circumstances. Before the transfer window and injuries derailed them he was doing well. There’ll be no excuses next season so that will be a clearer judge of how good he is as a manager after doing a good job for us and a poor job this season 
  • Options
    Wimbledon massively need leadership on the pitch. I don't know whether Orient would want to keep him now they're promoted, but even at 38 someone like Darren Pratley is what Wimbledon desperately need, someone whose head won't drop and who will galvanize the youngsters around him
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DJ has another year but Gilbey is out of contract.
    I really hope he, Lavelle, Kirk etc get moved on.  It’s obvious their time is up.  Shame about DJ, I genuinely thought his contract was up as he was signed in Jan 21.  Oh well