Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Game's livened up now 
  • Options
    Appalling Red card 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I’m not sure Don Goodman realises that the  threshold for what constitutes a red card is the same in a playoff final as in every other match.  
    You’re right of course, but then the thresholds for red cards and bookings should be the same from the first minute of a game to the last, but we all know the refs give leeway in the first few minutes. Just look at Michael Smith leading with his arm in the first minute or so today. Didn’t even get a talking to. Nailed on yellow if it was later in the game.
  • Options
    What’s the point of VAR two terrible decisions.
    I'm pretty confident if they were the other way round Sheff W would have been given a penalty and a Sheff W player wouldn't have been sent off.
  • Options
    Blatant penalty and not a red card
  • Options
    Both times they stayed with the on field decision. Smells like a VAR who doesn’t feel confident intervening in the big moments of big games.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    VAR is shit, no matter what division.
    As are the refs, embarrassing.
  • Options
    What’s the point of VAR two terrible decisions.
    I'm pretty confident if they were the other way round Sheff W would have been given a penalty and a Sheff W player wouldn't have been sent off.
     I don’t think that’s necessarily true, but it does feel like it because it’s so unjust.
  • Options
    Think whilst it wasn't a horrendous challenge he was airborne, late and not not in control at the point of impact, most referees would probably have issued a red.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These drinks breaks are flipping annoying.
  • Options
    Not seen the incidents, but I imagine there's an element of Umpires Call, going with the onfield decision unless it's a massive error.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Think whilst it wasn't a horrendous challenge he was airborne, late and not not in control at the point of impact, most referees would probably have issued a red.  
    Most referees would be wrong then.
  • Options
    Not seen the incidents, but I imagine there's an element of Umpires Call, going with the onfield decision unless it's a massive error.
    I’d say that’s probably true for the red card. But not giving the pen is unforgivable. Absolutely clear as day.
  • Options
    Whilst the implemenation of VAR may be very poor, when they were intervening I couldn't detect any bias, just frequent poor decisions.
    Now VAR are taking a more back seat role, the decisions (to me) are returning once again in favour of the bigger clubs.
  • Options
    VAR seems to stand for Varied and Random
  • Options
    Does get on my pip the way the commentators talk about Bannan like he’s Messi.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    That's it definitely not intentional just a clumsy challenge yellow at most 
  • Options
    Does he ever stop moaning?
  • Options
    And, furthermore, the way Bannan thinks he’s Messi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    74k attendance 
  • Options
    Bannan is doing my head in!
  • Options
    Really? This is the same deal as with Forest vs Huddersfield last season. They're ensuring they get the right result. I say this as someone who isn't usually a conspiracy theorist about these things 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Probably, but they would argue it is how they are told to interpret the laws of the game.  The fact that it wasn't horrific doesn't matter, we just look at the end result and scratch our heads.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    First time all three playoffs have gone to extra time since…
  • Options
    Barnsley did well with 10, now extra time. Lost my bet but want Barnsley to win, even if its penalties 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Really? This is the same deal as with Forest vs Huddersfield last season. They're ensuring they get the right result. I say this as someone who isn't usually a conspiracy theorist about these things 
    Victories are rigged, perhaps?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    What I would say is that having seen Wednesday on tv a lot this season and versus us, they are a very functional, boring team to watch.

Ipswich, Plymouth and Barnsley a lot easier on the eye aesthetically. That Wednesday fan on Charlton Life a while back enthusing on their football this season is clearly deluded.
  • Options
    What I would say is that having seen Wednesday on tv a lot this season and versus us, they are a very functional, boring team to watch.

Ipswich, Plymouth and Barnsley a lot easier on the eye aesthetically. That Wednesday fan on Charlton Life a while back enthusing on their football this season is clearly deluded.
    I get your point about Wednesday being functional. I didn’t see the Play Off Semi but I can’t imagine how they overturned a four goal deficit.