Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Luton hopefully replacing Leeds & possibly Everton too in the PL is brilliant, really upset those who seem to think league position should be decided on ground capacity, good luck to them. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Been reading this morning how Luton's ground is "cosy", "old school" and a "throwback".

Let's have it right. It's an absolute dump and always has been. Nothing old school or throwback about it, its shit and always has been. Even when there were loads of shit grounds, it was always one of the worst.
    It can be both, mate... 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Been reading this morning how Luton's ground is "cosy", "old school" and a "throwback".

Let's have it right. It's an absolute dump and always has been. Nothing old school or throwback about it, its shit and always has been. Even when there were loads of shit grounds, it was always one of the worst.
    Most fans of Premier league teams have never been to a stadium outside the top flight, Its a novelty to them.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:

Most fans of Premier league teams have never been to a stadium outside the top flight, Its a novelty to them.
    Kenilworth Road though isn't a typical Championship or L1 ground though. 

Indeed I'm struggling to think of anything similar in L1, where most of the away sections are fairly modern terraces or stands these days
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:

Indeed I'm struggling to think of anything similar in L1, where most of the away sections are fairly modern terraces or stands these days
    I am off an age where I went to a lot of the grounds that aren't there any more.  None of them were worse than Kenilworth Road.  I  have been to non league grounds that are significantly better. 
  • Options
    I'm gutted at Luton getting promoted. I'd rather see Millwall in the prem than that scummy shithouse of a club (and that's saying something). Now I can only hope to see them getting totally spanked on a weekly basis. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:

QPR is probably the most similar
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Been fannying around for years regards a new stadium, think there's a good chance that they are at Mk dons until xmas. 

Also, where does a new stand go ??
    Shit journey from Luton to MK by train though only a short drive.
    Yeah travel here is shit. Luton is a 20 min drive for me or a 2 hour train.
    They would be better of sharing with Arsenal then going to MK.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Been fannying around for years regards a new stadium, think there's a good chance that they are at Mk dons until xmas. 

Also, where does a new stand go ??
    Shit journey from Luton to MK by train though only a short drive.
    Yeah travel here is shit. Luton is a 20 min drive for me or a 2 hour train.
    They would be better of sharing with Arsenal then going to MK.
    Good luck with that. Better yes, can't see Arsenal being keen on that even if Luton needed it.
  • Options
    He did not wanna take that pen could see it in his face. Poor sod.
    Yes, he looked the most nervous up until then & I thought he'd miss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Advantage Stockport
  • Options
    Advantage Stockport
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Stockport were a similar price to us for promotion next season. Definitely feels like they won’t be in league 1 to make up the numbers next season
  • Options
    Have any teams gone straight through L1 after promotion from L2? I can't think of many, as there are usually a number of big clubs in L1, plus a number of yo-yo clubs like Peterborough, Rotherham and Wigan.
  • Options
    Have any teams gone straight through L1 after promotion from L2? I can't think of many, as there are usually a number of big clubs in L1, plus a number of yo-yo clubs like Peterborough, Rotherham and Wigan.
    Luton
  • Options

Need Carlisle to win so we can play them in the last game of next season for our promotion 😃👍
  • Options
    Moxon really does look a good player. Really hope we go for him this summer 
  • Options
    How did he miss that?!!!
  • Options
    This ref isn’t very good. And Stockport look much the better side IMO.
  • Options
    Goal Carlisle! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need Carlisle to come up. We won't get promoted if they aren't in the division with us. 
  • Options
    Carlisle finishing strong. Play offs are class! 
  • Options
    Carlisle finishing much the stronger now. Stockport hanging on, they need full time and a reset.
  • Options
    One thing I have noticed in the play offs so far is how much bigger and stronger all the teams are than us. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Need Carlisle to come up. We won't get promoted if they aren't in the division with us. 
    I think we need a lot more than Carlisle in our division to get promoted next season. Unless we can play them 46 times. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    One thing I have noticed in the play offs so far is how much bigger and stronger all the teams are than us. 
    I've noticed that since 1972, bar a few exceptional seasons.
  • Options
    Outstanding save from the Stockport Goalkeeper
  • Options
    Who fancies an April trip to Carlisle? 
  • Options
    Carlisle win 5-4 on pens!