Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Penalties 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    aliwibble said:
    I do wonder what possessed Nakamba's parents to name him Marvelous.
    Not an uncommon African ‘English’ name. Taught 3. Current one lives up to her name, I can’t say the same for the other two.
    Oh I know, I was just wondering whether they were believers in nominative determinism, or it was an ironic choice, like when my parents gave my sister the middle name Patience.
  • edited May 2023
    I thought Edwards would sub his keeper.
  • Marvelous 
  • These pens are 98esc 
  • Next one to miss loses now
  • 7-6 incoming.
  • And dabo becomes the Micky Gray 
  • Congratulations Luton.

Kenilworth Road in the Premier League next season.
  • What must Watford be thinking now having sacked Edwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arghhh... Congratulations Luton, especially with what happened to Lockyer - But I didn't want either team to lose, felt a proper fuck you Final to the typical teams that you expect to see at the top of the Championship these days.

Hope Coventry build on this next season 
  • Madness. Luton in the prem 🤦‍♂️
  • 6 relegations and 6 promotions since they were last in the top flight.

• Got to give it to both teams after a long hard season & a long hard game took it all the way to the end gutted I lost my bet but good on Luton   B)
  • Well done Luton, gives us hope I guess. Although they need some players next season or they will get battered. Saying that doubt many PL teams will fancy playing at Kenilworth Road.
  • Premiership Games played in the back gardens of a Luton Street
  • Wow. Well done Luton. Can't say I am not jealous. Non league to PL in 10 years. A true fairytale for the first time since Wimbledon probably.  They deserved it after finishing 3rd.

• edited May 2023
    Well done to Luton. It will be a hell of a task for them to stay up next season. Without a billionaire owner (and prem TV money not withstanding) I can only see them signing loans and cheap cast offs from whoever gets relegated from the prem, but you never know. 
  • He did not wanna take that pen could see it in his face. Poor sod.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a fucking horrible place to go, but what a fantastic story. We’ll done Luton, not that long ago I was watching Welling knock them out of the FA Cup.
    Hey ho.
  • edited May 2023
    11 great penalties and then Dabo.
    It's a Drama and there has to be one fall guy.
    The Luton keeper never looked like making a save but he still finishes on the winning side.
  • Can't they get Pleat to dance on the pitch? 
  • Madness. Luton in the prem 🤦‍♂️
    I assume your under 40?
  • Mpanzu is the most amazing story imo.
    If he plays in the Prem next season he will have represented Luton in all of the top 5 divisions.

Genuine football comic-strip type story.

At the MOD event this week where they were reminiscing about the '98 play off final Curbs said Michael Grey had not wanted to take his but looked at Danny Dicio who had removed his boots, pads and socks and was sat on the pitch!

At the MOD event this week where they were reminiscing about the '98 play off final Curbs said Michael Grey had not wanted to take his but looked at Danny Dicio who had removed his boots, pads and socks and was sat on the pitch!
    To be fair, watching that replay of it on YouTube this week reminded me how badly Dichio played, was missing everything that day so maybe he wouldn't have done any better than Gray!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Madness. Luton in the prem 🤦‍♂️
    I assume your under 40?
    You assume correct 👍