Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Wow. Well done Luton. Can't say I am not jealous. Non league to PL in 10 years. A true fairytale for the first time since Wimbledon probably.  They deserved it after finishing 3rd.

Wimbledon were a classic non league side made good. Luton are a decent league side who slumped into the National, pushed on their way by the EFL points deductions.

They'll struggle next season, but nobody there will give a ****. And the money will help pay for their new ground.
  • I hate us right now.  We are an embarrassment. A team  smaller than us and was non league is now deservedly in the Prem. Utter  💩. F. off Duchalet and Sangaard. And our academy player Doughty will be there plus Lockyer (fingers crossed). 
  • The memes are proper funny, but it's mental that that is actually the entrance to the ground. I think they'll end up sharing with MK dons until Xmas.

• Incredible to think that this walkway will not be in the premier league next season.
  • shine166 said:
    The memes are proper funny, but it's mental that that is actually the entrance to the ground. I think they'll end up sharing with MK dons until Xmas.
    It's not the only entrance though, just the most bonkers one!
  • I hate us right now.  We are an embarrassment. A team  smaller than us and was non league is now deservedly in the Prem. Utter  💩. F. off Duchalet and Sangaard. And our academy player Doughty will be there plus Lockyer (fingers crossed). 
    This was an emotional rollercoaster
  • The club shop is quite nifty

And the main entrance is very grand and imposing

• Mpanzu is the most amazing story imo.
    If he plays in the Prem next season he will have represented Luton in all of the top 5 divisions.

Genuine football comic-strip type story.
    According to a tweet from Luton, if it happens he will be the first player to do that for a single club. There's not many that have played for a single club in the top 4 tiers, never mind 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how many players have played in all 5 divisions for any combination of clubs?  Guessing even that won't be that high, 
  • I wonder how many players have played in all 5 divisions for any combination of clubs?  Guessing even that won't be that high, 
    Steve Finnan is normally the example.
  • Just in an Uber on the way home
    with a load of my Luton mates….very similar story to our 98 win. Don’t see how any of us could begrudge them. Fair play! Turned round after the missed penalty and saw a young lad crying, done me! 
  • edited May 2023
    Backed Cov at 25/1 for promotion, so a bit gutted. 
    There seemed to be quite a few Charlton ‘rejects’ in playoff action. 
  • edited May 2023
    My mate a few years ago described a girl he dated as Luton town. She must of properly turned herself around as she's now premier League. 

Might have to see if he still has her number..
  • R0TW said:
    He did not wanna take that pen could see it in his face. Poor sod.
    Hey ho.
    What a warm wonderful human being...  :D
  • edited May 2023
    Luton should have been out of sight first half, but couldn't (legally) get the ball in the net, reminded me of a certain other team I know.

Three "goals" disallowed in a play-off final must be a record? 

Coventry were a different team in the second half, but Luton deserved the win overall. Felt so sorry for Dabo though - no need for penalties, if it's a draw after 120 minutes the team who finished higher should go up - simples. * 

I feel sorry for Luton fans though, I know when they are playing Liverpool and Manchester City at Kenilworth Road they will be looking enviously at us and wishing they could be walking through vastly superior turnstiles and playing Cheltenham or Fleetwood... That's what football is all about, after all.  :D       

* Except in 1998, obviously.  ;)
  • CAFCTrev said:
    My mate a few years ago described a girl he dated as Luton town. She must of properly turned herself around as she's now premier League. 

Might have to see if he still has her number..
    She has a dodgy looking entrance though mate. 
    You can only get in via the back doors?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCOlly said:
    Having Kenilworth Road in the Prem is what makes English football special. It’s a dump but it’s undeniably unique and a good away day.

The plans for their new stadany money on Kenilworth ium are more interesting than the generic flat pack bowl stadiums, to be fair.
    Are Luton actually going to start the season at Kenilworth?

Heard a rumour - and probably complete nonsense - that they are going to start at mk dons while they build a new temporary stand .

Actually they are in a bit of a bind. Hardly worth spending any money on Kenilworth if they are moving to a new stadium but they somehow need to increase the capacity at Kenilworth.
  • edited May 2023
    Been fannying around for years regards a new stadium, think there's a good chance that they are at Mk dons until xmas. 

Also, where does a new stand go ??
  • shine166 said:
    Been fannying around for years regards a new stadium, think there's a good chance that they are at Mk dons until xmas. 

Shit journey from Luton to MK by train though only a short drive.
  • They're doing some work on the greenhouses side, but it's for the facilities required by the Premier League rules - extra media space etc - rather than extra seating
  • shine166 said:

Shit journey from Luton to MK by train though only a short drive.
    Yeah travel here is shit. Luton is a 20 min drive for me or a 2 hour train.
  • edited May 2023
    They're doing some work on the greenhouses side, but it's for the facilities required by the Premier League rules - extra media space etc - rather than extra seating
    This is correct, need more camera positions too. They think £10m will be enough to do that and bring the Bobbers stand up to scratch. They have a windfall ten times that much that they were not expecting, so they don't care. That said, their plans include constructing the new side with materials they can then transport to the new staduim and re-use there. The CEO has said there are no plans to play at MK, but personally I think they may have to play their first few games away from home.    
  • They're doing some work on the greenhouses side, but it's for the facilities required by the Premier League rules - extra media space etc - rather than extra seating
    This is correct, need more camera positions too. They think £10m will be enough to do that and bring the Bobbers stand up to scratch. They have a windfall ten times that much that they were not expecting, so they don't care. That said, their plans include constructing the new side with materials they can then transport to the new staduim and re-use there. The CEO has said there are no plans to play at MK, but personally I think they may have to play their first few games away from home.    
    Great news for the fans, would have been a shame.
  • Around 2011 at MK Dons we won 0-1 away with only goal coming from penalty spot.

Luton had played at home that night and a Luton fan was already at station at MKDons.

Two Charlton fans taking piss out of Luton fan on other platform.because of Non League position. I had to quieten fans down and told them that could be us in afew years time.

Well almost Premiership v Division one.

Trust the two Charlton fans remember.

Boot on other foot now. Well done Luton.
  • Come on, Carlisle!