Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Reunion for Stockport and Wrexham again, after an excellent title fight between those two last year.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Carlisle win. You know what that means 😉 
    Yes, twice in my lifetime. 
    Let’s hope the away fixture is among the last 3 games. 
  • Options
    Come on guys, all off to the bookies. Charlton to get promoted 2023/24 season. 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Thomas will stick £5m on the price for the club, as we're guaranteed to go up now  ;)
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Come on guys, all off to the bookies. Charlton to get promoted 2023/24 season. 
    It’s like printing money. 
  • Options
    Disappointed for Stockport but think they'll challenge next season. Battle with Wrexham awaits.

Carlisle will struggle in L1.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Yes a trip to Carlisle can't wait Ha  B) 
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Having Kenilworth Road in the Prem is what makes English football special. It’s a dump but it’s undeniably unique and a good away day.

The plans for their new stadium are more interesting than the generic flat pack bowl stadiums, to be fair.
    in what way is it a good away day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm gutted at Luton getting promoted. I'd rather see Millwall in the prem than that scummy shithouse of a club (and that's saying something). Now I can only hope to see them getting totally spanked on a weekly basis. 
    Weird comment.
    Although you obviously disagree with it, what makes it weird exactly?

I have a huge dislike for them and if they went bust back in 2008 would have celebrated it. Never have I ever come across a worse bunch of fans and yet to meet one that's not a complete arsehole. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I'm gutted at Luton getting promoted. I'd rather see Millwall in the prem than that scummy shithouse of a club (and that's saying something). Now I can only hope to see them getting totally spanked on a weekly basis. 
    Weird comment.

I have a huge dislike for them and if they went bust back in 2008 would have celebrated it. Never have I ever come across a worse bunch of fans and yet to meet one that's not a complete arsehole. 
    Different experiences if you've found Luton the absolute worst fans in the country and worse than Millwall. 
    I've been to over 100 grounds and wouldn't have even ranked Luton fans anywhere near the worst. Never once had any concerns. 
    I've seen us play them about 25 times as well. 
  • Options
    Disappointed for Stockport but think they'll challenge next season. Battle with Wrexham awaits.

Carlisle will struggle in L1.
    That league 2 looks silly next season. I would argue that any other season everyone of the top 7 would be favourites for promotion. 

Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County, Bradford, Gillingham, Salford & MK. Only one of those is a relegated side. Looks a very top heavy division to play in.
  • Options
    Advantage Stockport
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Stockport were a similar price to us for promotion next season. Definitely feels like they won’t be in league 1 to make up the numbers next season
    That aged well.
  • Options
    Advantage Stockport
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Stockport were a similar price to us for promotion next season. Definitely feels like they won’t be in league 1 to make up the numbers next season
    That aged well.
    I dunno - the second sentence is spot on
  • Options
    I've had the dubious pleasure of travelling through Wembley Park on the tube this afternoon. Rammed with scummy Wednesday fans, hardly any Barnsley though, I wonder if the police made them take a different line to the stadium.
  • Options
    Weird comment.

I know plenty, the decent to arsehole ratio is no different to any other club ( other than Millwall, obviously  ;) ).   
  • Options
    I've had the dubious pleasure of travelling through Wembley Park on the tube this afternoon. Rammed with scummy Wednesday fans, hardly any Barnsley though, I wonder if the police made them take a different line to the stadium.
    Wednesday have sold more than double the tickets that Barnsley have.

Barnsley have sold just over 20k.
    Wednesday sold out their initial allocation of 38k, got given another 6k on Friday and sold them in 1 day.
  • Options
    They’re massive, don’t forget.
  • Options
    I'm really torn about the game.

My heart was Wednesday to lose, my head wants them to win and not be competition next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think whoever loses this game will be in the top two next
  • Options
    Yeah i was thinking i'd prefer Wednesday to be out of this league, but Barnsley will be strong again next year, so not sure it really matters.

So now i'm leaning towards a preference of Wednesday fucking it up.
  • Options
    I want Wednesday to lose -  it’s purely because their fans l feel like that have some kind of entitlement to be doing better than they are (not just this season, but since I’ve been in to football). Wankers.
  • Options
    Yeah i was thinking i'd prefer Wednesday to be out of this league, but Barnsley will be strong again next year, so not sure it really matters.

So now i'm leaning towards a preference of Wednesday fucking it up.
    Mike Duff has always been so reliable for me on Champ Man 01/02 so I'm staying loyal to my CDM

He's learnt everything he knows from his playing days under me
  • Options
    Put my bet on Barnsley to win this in 90 mins
  • Options
    On another note I see that Lee Gregory is involved, after Weds put out the plea for his mask to be returned
  • Options
    Crowd looks poor, stadium 3/4 full?
  • Options
    Definitely supporting Chennai in this one. Oh wait 
  • Options
    Crowd looks poor, stadium 3/4 full?
    I think Wednesday sold out their part (and were given some additional tickets in Barnsley’s section) but the Barnsley’s part of the stadium looks like it has quite a few empty seats.
  • Options
    God must be a fan of the Football League, always seems to be glorious sunshine for the playoff finals.