Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Barnsley and Carlisle for me. Don't mind in the Championship, both deserve their time at the top table after recent club issues.
  • Looks like Tom Lockyer is injured 8mins into the game
  • Doesn't look good for Lockyer. Hope he's OK.
  • Hope he's okay... As they've just said, he's gone down with no one around him.
  • Charlton injury curse lying dormant and then flaring up at Wembley, as he gets stretchered off, poor sod
  • Hope it isn't too serious, especially as he is out of contract at the end of June.
  • Think he'll be a big miss for Luton both in defence and attack - here's hoping he's ok.
  • Hope Lockyer is ok - he has been immense for Luton this season

• Went back to rewatch how Lockyer got injured - just seemed to be jogging backwards and went over on his ankle. Didnt look too serious but admittedly he didn't move at all afterwards. 
  • Great goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen how Tom Lockyer just seemed to stumble and pass out. When medics rush on from both sides you know it's a serious issue.
    Had oxygen but it didn't appear to be a CPR situation.

Distressing for Tom's parents watching at Wembley.
  • No more than Luton deserve. Well on top so far.
  • What a brilliant goal!
  • Absolutely fantastic goal.
    Adebayo was brilliant there.
  • Couldn't work out what was going on with Lockyer, first thought he'd just caught his studs/gone over on his leg whilst going backwards.

Never good when no one else is around you.
  • Expected him to miss - I’m too used to watching us.
  • Gutted for Lockyer. If it's a serious one, then he could end up missing most of all of the PL adventure he'd worked so hard to achieve.
  • Some thick security and police have gone into the Luton end to arrest what they thought was 'say no to oil' protesters after seeing the Orange powder !
    Plenty of powder in the Luton end 
  • Sponsored links:

• Luton been the better team & should have been out of sight but with the game still at 1-0 Coventry are not out of this Come on Coventry  : B)
  • Bad news for Lockyer with him having run his contract down.  Wonder if Luton extend if he is going to be out for a long time.
  • Macronate said:
    Doughty’s playing well.
    He's really come alive since joining Luton. Full of confidence and fitter too.
  • Very good 1st half for Luton despite the shock of Tom Lockyer's injury.
    Michael Oliver is so much better than the refs we see in League 1. Allowed the advantage for Coventry and then 5 seconds later gives the free kick when nothing accrues.
    Surprised he's in charge, as guess he wont officiate one of the Premier League games tomorrow
  • Lockyer awake and on his way to hospital 
  • Mention of Jimmy Hill in the first half re Coventry's anthem took me back to the 60s. 

I remember Charlton and Coventry running out to the usual cheers at the Valley and then the Coventry crowd erupting as Jimmy Hill came out.  He basically invented the Sky Blues, (changing the kit from white), organised Sky Blue special trains, took them from the third division to the first - and (I learn today) even wrote their anthem! - albeit over a bottle of Gin.  
  • On this showing the winners will do well to end up bottom next season  :p
  • Bad news for Lockyer with him having run his contract down.  Wonder if Luton extend if he is going to be out for a long time.

I'm sure they will. Club captain and really popular with the fans. 
  • Excellent finish, that opens it back up