Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    Can't disagree with that.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I enjoyed us being able to use the uniquely designed numbering/lettering last night.

It was something I’d hoped we’d be able to do for the cups.

• Options
    We wore numbers with the swords on like that in the mid 90s I think 
  • Options

• Options
    Rang the shop yesterday, they had no idea when the ST shop discount would be valid. For all they knew it could end up being an offer ran over a certain weekend.

So, so far the drinks discount has changed from all bars, to the concourse only.... shop discount is when they allow you to use it and the free tickets are for games of the clubs convenience.

All thinking around this stuff is hugely backwards amd nothings ever straight forward. Recruitment seems to be better this year, but whoever runs/puts together the ST perks is a moron.

• Options
    I have just purchased the Blue shirt and despite being a man of a certain age it fits lovely. Really like it. 
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-launch-fourth-kit-saudi-27698992

Newcastle will be wearing their 4th kit against Brighton, as their 3 other kits all clash too much!
    Their home kit plus the Saudi coloured kit i can understand, but surely they could wear their away kit?

Maybe it's just me but they're completely different shades of blue and one doesn't have huge white stripes. Not to mention Brighton's shorts are blue and Newcastle's away shorts are gold.

I just don't see how anyone could confuse the two kits to the extent they've had to go and produce a special one off 4th kit.

The only important people that might be confused is the referee and possibly anyone with a colour blindness issue. (Now no one has a black & white TV anymore).

I'd say the strong similarity between the sleeves alone particularly with the yellow trim would prevent these two kits from being on the pitch together. They could easily make the ref's job very difficult in the event of a handball situation in a crowded penalty area*. Who committed the handball? A defender or an attacker? No need to make the officials job more difficult than it already is.

* This is the primary reason why keepers wear different colour tops from the rest of their team.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Caught Sheff Wed and Sunderland midweek, one in blue and white stripes the other in red and white stripes didn't seem to be any issues.

Also when Sunderland play Newcastle they both wear their stripes.

Do Newcastle just want to push their fouth shirt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Rang the shop yesterday, they had no idea when the ST shop discount would be valid. For all they knew it could end up being an offer ran over a certain weekend.

So, so far the drinks discount has changed from all bars, to the concourse only.... shop discount is when they allow you to use it and the free tickets are for games of the clubs convenience.

All thinking around this stuff is hugely backwards amd nothings ever straight forward. Recruitment seems to be better this year, but whoever runs/puts together the ST perks is a moron.

The offer is most likely to be over a weekend when the vast majority of shirts have already been purchased.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

The offer is most likely to be over a weekend when the vast majority of shirts have already been purchased.
    Yeah it seems that way, I'd usually have done about £300 on shirts by now but am waiting on principle.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah it seems that way, I'd usually have done about £300 on shirts by now but am waiting on principle.
    My oh my that's a lot. You don't wear them when running I hope. They'll not last five minutes the distances you're covering at the moment 😎

Hope the training's going well btw. Don't go out in this heat though will you. I'm not. An early run for me tomorrow I think, unless we sneak a result later of course 🍻🍺🍻
  • Options
    I have just purchased the Blue shirt and despite being a man of a certain age it fits lovely. Really like it. 
    Shirts fit all ages. It's bodies they have fun fitting!
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

My oh my that's a lot. You don't wear them when running I hope. They'll not last five minutes the distances you're covering at the moment 😎

Hope the training's going well btw. Don't go out in this heat though will you. I'm not. An early run for me tomorrow I think, unless we sneak a result later of course 🍻🍺🍻
    I'm supposed to be doing 18 miles tomorrow, unless I'm out rhe house by 7am il be sacking that off !. Good luck with yours 💪
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

The museum would be happy to take those old shirts off your hands.

Would help us out greatly 
    I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
    Did you? Brilliant.

Even more recent one's we'd be happy to have @randy andy
    I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)
    @randy andy

@charltonnick will be all over those 

Can you drop them off at the Valley?  
    I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
    Cheers 
    Will be at the game tomorrow, so hoping to swing by the museum around 1-ish
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
    Did you? Brilliant.

I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)
    @randy andy

I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
    Cheers 
    We close at 1.00 @randy andy
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

@randy andy

Cheers 
    We close at 1.00 @randy andy
    Then I will be there before that lol
  • Options
    my white away shirt arrived yesterday, really nice piece of kit, my new favourite away, up to Nike standard .. has a feint grey pattern running through it, a bit like last season's FGR away shirt but not so obvious
    Be warned, the shirt is a slim fit .. if you normally buy large go for XL, if XL go for 2XL .. recommended even for 50 quid (they do last a long time, well mine do)  :)
    Don't wear it to an away game, you'll end up playing.
  • Options
    @randy andy

No problem. 

Catch us next home game or you can always leave stuff in main reception 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went in the club shop yesterday £48 for a polo shirt  :s
  • Options
    Trying to buy a top is proving to be a bit of a pain.
    The website has been showing as “out of stock” for ages, emails ignored.
    yet I call the shop and they have them in there but no facility to post etc.

Seems a bit counter intuitive, must lose a fair amount of sales because of that.
  • Options
    Trying to buy a top is proving to be a bit of a pain.
    The website has been showing as “out of stock” for ages, emails ignored.
    yet I call the shop and they have them in there but no facility to post etc.

Seems a bit counter intuitive, must lose a fair amount of sales because of that.
    I think it's because the online orders are sent from Castore's main warehouse
  • Options
    Called the shop about out ST discount. They new nothing about it at the start of the season and told me it'l likely to be one of those discounts that are usable on a specific day that the club say you can use it. 

Another perk that's been made a faff.
  • Options
    I visited the shop on Saturday to buy a training polo shirt. My wife was with me and pointed out that there was only Castore clothing on sale and none of the general merchandise that's usually found there (key rings, beer glasses etc). Is this a permanent situation? or are there plans afoot?. 
  • Options
    I visited the shop on Saturday to buy a training polo shirt. My wife was with me and pointed out that there was only Castore clothing on sale and none of the general merchandise that's usually found there (key rings, beer glasses etc). Is this a permanent situation? or are there plans afoot?. 
    Hi Pete, I was told, from Deb, that all the ‘bits and bobs’ will be there from next month as there has been ‘obvious’ delays.
  • Options
    Yep someone forgot to tell Castore when the season starts , they'll know for next season
  • Options
    I thought I'd have a look at other clubs who use Castore.
    Bearing in mind the size of the club, and it is their second season with them, Rangers have got a very poor selection of merchandise available.
    No surprise with our limited offerings then.
  • Options
    Wonder what the revenue stream is for Charlton (I'm assuming the club doesn't run it now) for the club shop ie do castore pay a flat fee to run it or is it a percentage of profits? 

If the latter I doubt TS is impressed with the lack of merchandise available in store and online and not just kits.

Would have probably spent a couple of hundred quid extra over past month on kids kits and other stuff but no stock available.

Surely business 101 is having stuff to sell when people are queueing up to give you money.
  • Options
    for those who haven't read it, the wiki Castore story 

Castore (brand) - Wikipedia