Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    Just looking back on the kit this one is based on, there was a lot of black in that strip, especially the black tops to the socks. 
    Is it based on the one with the collar when we were sponsored by The Woolwich? As that’s what I thought the moment I saw it 🤔
  • edited July 2022
    Rothko said:
    Just looking back on the kit this one is based on, there was a lot of black in that strip, especially the black tops to the socks. 
    Is it based on the one with the collar when we were sponsored by The Woolwich? As that’s what I thought the moment I saw it 🤔
    Yep, with the white on the shoulders. Loads of black in that kit, on the collar and the socks. 

https://www.alamy.com/football-stock-22792-rob-lee-charlton-athletic-mandatory-credit-action-images-image403566357.html
  • Shorts are £30! 

Wow

Not a surprise though. I mentioned a few weeks ago that the Castore England cricket sunhat was a rip-off £30. Kent ones are £15 by comparison.
  • I think its a great kit, I like how they've incorporated the black from our badge into the kit with the shorts. Regarding the  socks, they're  ok, I don't think they matter as much as we don't have many full kit wa*kers, unlike palace supporters. 

BUT.... For any one who read Viz comics, UTA has a completely different meaning....
  • colthe3rd said:
    One thing I never understand in these threads each year is the comments that always come up saying people are too old to care. Is there an age limit on when you can stop liking or even purchasing shirts and does that extend to everything in life?

If so it's a bit sad that people feel the need to live life by a set amount of rules determined by what age they are. If you like something then that's all that matters and don't feel like you need to apologise for it.
    Obviously no age limit to buying football shirts, but I think it likely more 10 year old kids would be excited than 75 year old blokes, so it's obvious to me that age is a factor to buying football shirts.
  • I like it including the socks, still won’t be buying one, expect my son will get one at some point, probably if they’re reduced.
  • Still waiting on the training stuff, the Castore stuff for Villa and England cricket is really nice 
  • Has anyone seen an announcement on when international shipping will be available? It seems to only let me choose the UK when I put in my shipping address country. 
  • Rothko said:
    Still waiting on the training stuff, the Castore stuff for Villa and England cricket is really nice 
    You won’t be disappointed 
  • Rothko said:
    Still waiting on the training stuff, the Castore stuff for Villa and England cricket is really nice 
    Same. I consider myself too old to wear a replica shirt. But I like to wear some training gear hear and there. Hummel made some decent stuff in that respect too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any clues as to what colour the away and 3rd kits are?
  • that's the logo used on the social media accounts, so I'd guess the 3D logo is the new one. Also it's impossible to recreate the 3D effect in a stitched logo, it would only show on a printed transfer logo 
  • sam3110 said:
    that's the logo used on the social media accounts, so I'd guess the 3D logo is the new one. Also it's impossible to recreate the 3D effect in a stitched logo, it would only show on a printed transfer logo 
    Correct. That article is an absolute mess. The 3D effect logo has been the official logo for many, many years now. 
  • That article goes HARD on Castore while also making sure to highlight how brilliant Nike and Adidas are in comparison - also like there’s something behind it…
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that an accidental preview of another kit in the article pictures too? Unless its already been mentioned and ive missed it
  • edited July 2022
    sam3110 said:
    that's the logo used on the social media accounts, so I'd guess the 3D logo is the new one. Also it's impossible to recreate the 3D effect in a stitched logo, it would only show on a printed transfer logo 
    Correct. That article is an absolute mess. The 3D effect logo has been the official logo for many, many years now. 
    Ah, about that Olly. It’s a bug bear of mine that during the time when depth effects were fashionable to apply to logos (10/15 years ago) the club persisted with a flat design and then, precisely at the time that those effects went out of fashion (for good reason), the club pulled drop shadows and lighting effects out of their back pocket and applied them to everything (for no good reason!). I know the article has it backwards, but maybe it’s an opportunity. It really should be a flat ‘logo’ now… (I’m begging you!)
  • sam3110 said:
    The home shorts and goalie shorts do seem to have different badges used though

• Any rumours on the away and third kits? When will they be available to view? Colouring etc not pantones btw, just colour and pattern in general…
  • edited July 2022
    Frenchy said:
    sam3110 said:
    The home shorts and goalie shorts do seem to have different badges used though

That is the badge that will be on all of the shirts and shorts. The ‘3D effect’ version isn’t possible using the stitched/textured transfer of the badge on kits.

The image of the white shorts on the shop site depicts a direct plastic transfer of the 3D effect badge rather than the stitched/textured version and is basically a prototype version. 
    Assumed this might be the case, thanks for clarifying 
  • Anyone successfully applied their Valley Gold discount when ordering online? Can’t seem to get anyone working in the Discount Code box? 

• Anyone successfully applied their Valley Gold discount when ordering online? Can’t seem to get anyone working in the Discount Code box? 

VG discount has never worked online.