Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Sollied said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Not a fan of the colour or the "pattern". Looks like it was used a fish and chips wrap.
    This.    Our main colours are Red, White and Black why we have to divert to yellow I don't know.  There is also no reason for the badge to not retain its colours.   
    We’ve been wearing yellow since the 70s (at the latest), historically yellow and white have always been associated as our away colours - it’s only the last 15 years or so we’ve had a disproportionate amount of blue shirts for some reason. Fwiw, many of our most successful seasons have also been when we’ve worn yellow.

As far changing the colours of the badge, we’ve been doing that since the newest version was introduced in the 80s, don’t think it’s a big deal in my opinion …
    I agree it is not a big deal but although we have worn yellow shirts before doesn't make it right or the way to go. I just think the white with red/black trim or black with red white trim is more appropriate and IMO looks better.
  • Just looks like a bang average catalogue kit
  • cafc999 said:
    Just looks like a bang average catalogue kit
    Perfect for us then 
  • MK Dons have just revealed their new Castore kit - very bland
  • Croydon said:
    Errea make some really nice kits 
    Funny, I think most of theirs are dire-
  • Looked on the Castore website, and fair enough the Rangers kits are released, that's understandable as now Newcastle are with Adidas, they will be the main earner for Castore.

But then i saw that even Mansfield have released their kit for next season, so not sure why ours is taking so long. Mansfield!!
  • Looked on the Castore website, and fair enough the Rangers kits are released, that's understandable as now Newcastle are with Adidas, they will be the main earner for Castore.

But then i saw that even Mansfield have released their kit for next season, so not sure why ours is taking so long. Mansfield!!
    Because ours has gone missing! Shoot etc. will have been done but no point releasing it if we can't sell
  • fenaddick said:
    Looked on the Castore website, and fair enough the Rangers kits are released, that's understandable as now Newcastle are with Adidas, they will be the main earner for Castore.

Because ours has gone missing! Shoot etc. will have been done but no point releasing it if we can't sell
    Shoot hasn't been completed, will be early this week though
  • cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Looked on the Castore website, and fair enough the Rangers kits are released, that's understandable as now Newcastle are with Adidas, they will be the main earner for Castore.

Does that mean the kit has now arrived? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought someone posted a photoshoot outside the Valley cafe ages ago with what looked like the new home shirt (T shirt style with round white collar)
  • Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
  • edited July 1
    cafc999 said:
    Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
    Wonder if Castore are playing hardball because they no longer have control of the shop and re-evaluated their priorities?!
  • So, currently we have no kit and no players. Plenty of time left yet, of course ......... but for once why don't we do things the other way around and get ahead of the fucking curve?
  • I presume they'll announce the kit when the shop is ready.
  • shine166 said:
    I presume they'll announce the kit when the shop is ready.
    No kit, no shop, no striker, no captain!
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    No golfie. 
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    No 5.45 disappointment on a Saturday 
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    & no hope…!!!
  • Hal1x said:
    cafc999 said:
    Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
    Wonder if Castore are playing hardball because they no longer have control of the shop and re-evaluated their priorities?!
    They’re just crap. They’ve had issues at all clubs. Villa have ditched them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope May wasn't involved in the photoshoot
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    No hope.
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    No hope.
    Loving the new season positivity 
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    Pot holes in the car park
  • cafc999 said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    No hope.
    Loving the new season positivity 
    A pessimist is never disappointed 
  • Maybe waiting to do the photoshoot until there are some players to take photos of?
  • Hal1x said:
    cafc999 said:
    Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
    Newcastle as well, but i suspect both have more to do with Adidas paying them tons more than Castore could. Castore for example were paying Newcastle 5m per year but Adidas are reportedly paying them at least 5-6 times that.

If you want to be a global brand you need to be with the likes of Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. Castore simply aren't going to cut it.
  • Hal1x said:
    cafc999 said:
    Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
    I think that wet look kit was what did it at Villa.  Newcastle fans complained to the club in large numbers about the quality of their shirts. The club stuck up for Castore, but it didn't stop them ditching them at the first opportunity.

Essentially they are a new brand, no experience in this area, clearly no real design flair within the organisation because all the kits are a bit bland.  I always like to support British companies, but these guys have work to do.
  • Wolves have ditched Castore too
  • Hal1x said:
    cafc999 said:
    Rothko said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:

Don't be silly
    I think that wet look kit was what did it at Villa.  Newcastle fans complained to the club in large numbers about the quality of their shirts. The club stuck up for Castore, but it didn't stop them ditching them at the first opportunity.

Essentially they are a new brand, no experience in this area, clearly no real design flair within the organisation because all the kits are a bit bland.  I always like to support British companies, but these guys have work to do.
    That wet look that Adidas have got in the Euros?