Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• edited July 3
    Yeah it feels like Castore took on a load of investment cash , rapidly expanded across multiple sports and just don't have the capacity and capabilities to make it work. I'd hope we'd stick with a manufacturer that's not just going to give us off the shelf template kits like the Nike kits were. 

* I've never heard of Sudu the new Wolves kit supplier who have replaced Castore.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah it feels like Castore took on a load of investment cash , rapidly expanded across multiple sports and just don't have the capacity and capabilities to make it work. I'd hope we'd stick with a manufacturer that's not just going to give us off the shelf template kits like the Nike kits were. 

* I've never heard of Sudu the new Wolves kit supplier who have replaced Castore.
    Wolves' owners Fosun apparently own a stake in Sudu.
  • Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    Castore have simply taken on far more than they’re able to deal with and cannot cope with the demand and manufacturing of each product.

The same issue was at CACT where they had to wait over a year for the kit to be delivered, the kit is meant to be the same supplier as the club for branding purposes too.

The quality might be better than previous ones but in general, they’re not very good and constantly have had so many problems.

Hopefully we can have Adidas next as I’ve wanted them for years. Think they do some good stuff.
    Reckon Umbro would be good. Classy kits 

Castore own the Umbro team kits, took them over last year.

I initially thought they were going to let any clubs unhappy with castore switch over to Umbro but that’s not the case.

Umbro are at least able to get the kits out, hearts have had their home and away kits online and in the club shop for a couple of weeks and we’ve yet to see an official photo of ours
  • MarcusH26 said:

Wolves' owners Fosun apparently own a stake in Sudu.

Oh bringing it semi in house probably makes sense for them. At least you'd hope they wouldn't have supply issues!
  • I really really don't want a catalogue Nike/Adidas/Puma kit, when we change hopefully it's to an Umbro or back to Hummel, or someone of that level. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    Castore have simply taken on far more than they’re able to deal with and cannot cope with the demand and manufacturing of each product.

The same issue was at CACT where they had to wait over a year for the kit to be delivered, the kit is meant to be the same supplier as the club for branding purposes too.

The quality might be better than previous ones but in general, they’re not very good and constantly have had so many problems.

Hopefully we can have Adidas next as I’ve wanted them for years. Think they do some good stuff.

I initially thought they were going to let any clubs unhappy with castore switch over to Umbro but that’s not the case.

Umbro are at least able to get the kits out, hearts have had their home and away kits online and in the club shop for a couple of weeks and we’ve yet to see an official photo of ours
    Be a good sign if Scott Fraser is modelling one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Valley11 said:
    Sage said:

Be a good sign if Scott Fraser is modelling one of them.
    No chance, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves Charlton by mutual consent though 
  • Appreciate this is off-topic, but Millwall's new home shirt is just bizarre...
    Make the blue lighter and that’s their old bukta kit from the 90’s

That will be a big seller for them.
    Yeah, but they all need help to put them on.
  • Rothko said:
    I really really don't want a catalogue Nike/Adidas/Puma kit, when we change hopefully it's to an Umbro or back to Hummel, or someone of that level. 
    I don't want a catalogue kit but I'd buy other training gear etc if it was Nike / Adidas/ Puma but I can't see myself buying similar if it's Macron or other budget brands. 
  • Sage said:

The quality is fine for a fan in the stands, but the material even of the match shirts is awful, too thick, not the most breathable and the designs are mediocre. 
  • I Reckon they will play in the  Museum stock of retro shirts , makes sense as every new players has been seen wearing one !  ;)
  • Valley11 said:
    Sage said:

Also Umbro have a huge and excellent design archive that they seem very willing to dip into for inspiration. They’ve produced some really nice kits for other clubs recently
  • The Castore designs aren't stunning, but they're fine, and better than just playing in a template kit. Villa had the moisture wicking problem, but it didn't seem to be a problem for most of their other teams. They supply the England cricket kit for example, and I haven't heard of any problems. And as Hal1x said, other manufacturers at the Euros seem to have had issues with moisture wicking too.

The problem is more to do with logistics, as Castore seem incapable of coping with all number of shirts they have to design and manufacture, having expanded much too fast, resulting in dreadful customer service.
  • The Castore designs aren't stunning, but they're fine, and better than just playing in a template kit. Villa had the moisture wicking problem, but it didn't seem to be a problem for most of their other teams. They supply the England cricket kit for example, and I haven't heard of any problems. And as Hal1x said, other manufacturers at the Euros seem to have had issues with moisture wicking too.

The problem is more to do with logistics, as Castore seem incapable of coping with all number of shirts they have to design and manufacture, having expanded much too fast, resulting in dreadful customer service.
    The material on our shirts last season was absolutely shocking, incredibly sweaty.
  • Am I missing something, has the new kit been released? Can't see it anywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 3
    Bring back Joma.  They make some lovely kits these days. I'd prefer a well-run 'boutique' (like Hummel was) as opposed to a big-boy template job.

P.S. The Adidas kits at the Euros are some of the worst I have ever seen.  Truly horrendous, Nike have done so much better (Poland's kit a case in point) 
  • Am I missing something, has the new kit been released? Can't see it anywhere.
    No, we’ve had a leaked blurred photo of someone wearing what is supposed to be the home and a leaked photo of the away but apparently that isn’t what people involved in the fan consultation we’re expecting it to be.
  • Let's play in the FADS kit.
  • Croydon said:
    New Cambridge shirt is lovely 
    I think Umbro have done really well with Huddersfield and Grimsby as well
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    I presume they'll announce the kit when the shop is ready.
    No kit, no shop, no striker, no captain!
    No hope.

• Croydon said:
    New Cambridge shirt is lovely 
    I think Umbro have done really well with Huddersfield and Grimsby as well
    Also Carlisle - home shirts informed by past kits, away shirts a bit more ‘out there’
  • Umbro would be the best, happily go back to Macron, as for Joma, they produced some of the worst kits we’ve ever worn 

The only time the Villa kit was sweaty was when John McGinn was wearing it.