Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Options
    The highest peak television audience for women's football in the UK is 11.7 million for England's 2019 World Cup semi-final defeat by the United States 

I imagine that will be broken in the semi final 
  • Options
    In the second half Belgium couldn't hold onto the ball and lost most second balls. Sweden really played it all wrong offensively and could have afforded more players in the box when attacking as Belgium's threat was minimal. But it will be a different game in the semi. England will know they have a great chance but it is going to be tough still. Which you expect in a semi of course. 
    In a tournament that’s been full of good, watchable football last nights game looked like it was between two teams that had learnt their passing and heading skills in a Sunday morning league where the first action is often to simply kick the ball and not worry about whether it was actually going to somebody or just let the ball touch your head and not try and direct the ball at the goal. If that’s the Sweden that turns up against England the record score against Sweden’s Scandinavian neighbours could get challenged. In a summer where the World Cup has been moved this tournament has been a more than adequate screen filler. Out of interest, has the BBC given the viewing figures out ?
    This tournament should have been last year, so would always have been on its own in terms of football tournaments as Euro 2020 should have been the previous year
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Quarter Finals:
    England v Spain.  England win despite Spain being the passing Queens. Exciting and tense.
    Germany v Austria. Germany dominate but Austria spirited but no strikers.
    Sweden v Belgium. Poor game and despite Sweden having 30+ shots and Belgium none, late, late goal to put the Swedes into semi final.
    France v Netherlands. France have battered the Dutch 1st half but they can't get the ball over the line. The French pace will trouble every team including all the teams left in the tournament.
    It will be a Mugging if the Dutch win this in the 2nd half.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    The Netherlands have just remembered they are the Euro champions and have started playing. 
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for the Dutch keeper as she's been having a bit of a blinder, and looked like she got a hand to the penalty as well, but it looks like the Dutch are really under the cosh with half of extra time gone.
  • Options
    The young Dutch keeper Daphne van Domselaar  who was the reserve until their experience Number 1 got injured has made more saves than any other keeper at these Euro's.
    The 22 year old should be in demand after this Tournament. 
    The French were my tip before the Euro's started after the injury to the Spanish star player and despite obviously wanting England to win, the French have more pace and now they have got pass the Quarter finals will take some stopping.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Amusing on the commentary, that France have played all their games in Rotherham. Milton Keynes will be really exciting after that  :D
  • Options
    I have two tickets to the Germany France semi final in MK that I can no longer go to due to the train strikes. They're free if there's any takers

• Options
    All the best to England today. I hope they enjoy the game with no pressure. They haven't failed whatsoever so it is a case of enjoying the moment and I'm confident with a fair wind it will take us to the final. But enjoy it girls above all. We are all behind you.
  • Options
    Gonna be as tough as the Spain game - Sweden will want this just as much as us. Fingers crossed we get into the final.
    Come on ladies!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having seen Sweden's last game, I dont think they should be as much of an obstacle as Spain were - the quality was far lower. I think England will wrap this up comfortably, 1-0 at HT, 3-0 at FT
  • Options
    Good luck to England tonight. I think the odds of an England v Germany final at Wembley on Sunday are good. 
  • Options
    I can't decide whether consistently getting a boost from bringing on the subs after 60 minutes means your tactics of using these players as "finishers" is correct, or whether it just shows that your starting team is wrong
  • Options
    How is that not a booking?  Worst piece of refereeing of the tournament.
  • Options
    This ref is biased as fuck so far 
  • Options
    This ref is biased as fuck so far 
    Maybe she’s been reading the Spanish newspapers. 😉
  • Options
    Come on England
  • Options
    Can't stand this female commentator
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Can't stand this female commentator
    The commentary is on a par with the standard of football, which is appalling.
  • Options
    How is that not a booking?  Worst piece of refereeing of the tournament.
    There have been a few strange decisions this tournament, both by onfield officials, and by VAR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never seen Lucy Bronze play well 
  • Options
    I was fuming. That was a yellow card, not a talking too.  Swede are doing a lot of fouling.  Mind you they are very dangerous running into our penalty area. 
  • Options
    How the fuck is that a Swede free kick when we have won the ball fairly and the Swede fell over? Ref is a shocker 
  • Options
    What do you think the score would be if the England mens team played the women's? 40-0?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    What do you think the score would be if the England mens team played the women's? 40-0?
    Doesn’t really matter does it?
  • Options
    Get in!
  • Options
    Well that wasn't bad, was it?
  • Options
    Yeeesssss.
  • Options
    Never seen Lucy Bronze play well 
    Didn't age well.
  • Options
    Mendonca esque