Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Interesting that Birmingham, Sheff United and Southampton will all play their home games at the men's stadiums this season, so a real contrast in venues in the Championship

• and we're at the smallest 
  • Interesting that Birmingham, Sheff United and Southampton will all play their home games at the men's stadiums this season, so a real contrast in venues in the Championship

So will Lewes - I've been to the Dripping Pan with Dartford FC back in the day! It just doesn't have the same ring to it as Bramall Lane.
  • Comparing her to Pratley for 3 years finally pays off as she gets her Full Pratley At Wembley moment (in remarkably similar circumstances) 
  • Football works in mysterious ways - maybe in a final you need your big midfielder to abuse an opposition player with the ball dead for no apparent reason just to get yourself going 
  • Rothko said:
    and we're at the smallest 
    We're not really the smallest - Bristol's ground doesn't hold anything like 1500. There were about 700 at the game there last season and they'd have struggled to get many more in. Other than them, it is kind of noticeable how much smaller our ground is than all the others, but it's not as if we've ever filled it.
  • Leuth said:
    Football works in mysterious ways - maybe in a final you need your big midfielder to abuse an opposition player with the ball dead for no apparent reason just to get yourself going 
    Didn't she abuse her for scissor tackling her from behind after they'd had a tussle on the ball? It was a pretty valid bit of abuse to be fair. Scott did change the game though, Stanway was in hiding for the whole second half both on and off the ball and when Scott came on she didn't just nibble at the Germans and slow things down when they had the ball, she was actually pretty positive with the ball and helped us get a hold of the midfield. She's underrated as a footballer, she's always brought a lot more than just running and tackling. She wouldn't get in Wiegman's squad otherwise
  • Sponsored links:

Closest example to the men’s game is Queen of the South in Scotland. No longer playing at Hampden Park getting crowds of sub 800 in a 52k stadium. Built a 2k stadium and are much happier playing then at the national stadium.
  • I think that Spain game was when we won the tournament (wishful thinking :)). Why? Because the girls know they can win if they are up against it. They know there is a way and I am confident they will find it.

The Spanish game was the evening at Brighton when we should've lost it !
    Being out played by Spain, 1 nil down and another ball came in from the right side which may been a cross but Mary Earp's  did enough to keep it out before Millie Bright cleared before the forward would have had a tap in for 2 nil. We were behind that goal and I have a 5 second image of the cross, save and clearance etched in my mind.
    Me too. We were also behind that goal.

Closest example to the men’s game is Queen of the South in Scotland. No longer playing at Hampden Park getting crowds of sub 800 in a 52k stadium. Built a 2k stadium and are much happier playing then at the national stadium.
    Queen's Park.
  • What was Charlton women's average attendance last season?
  • What was Charlton women's average attendance last season?
    We didn't announce attendances for all the games, but it was mainly 200-300 at VCD, with 710 at the last game of the season at the Valley.
  • It's a shame Park View Road already has two teams and is in a poor condition, because it'd be an ideal base for the Charlton women's team - a town centre location you can't miss that's easy for people to get to.

Bayliss Avenue only has a capacity of 800, which I doubt would impress the FA. The other one closer to The Valley would be Badgers Sports Ground (Cray Valley Paper Mills) near the Yorkshire Grey roundabout - similar size to Oakwood, I think.

• Didn’t like the way the ball was deposited to the centre circle by the cheating VW Group. Should have employed the use of an Aston Martin or another British car maker. Hang on though there aren’t any……
  • Bods64 said:
    Didn’t like the way the ball was deposited to the centre circle by the cheating VW Group. Should have employed the use of an Aston Martin or another British car maker. Hang on though there aren’t any……

Morgan.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't understand this. Literally not seen one negative post anywhere about this great achievement. All there's been is post after post, making incorrect comparisons between the success of the women's team and lack of success of the mens in two very different competitions (possibly four, come the WC), and of how women have had to come in and do what men couldn't.

Before people start no platforming and shouting "woke", it's got nothing to do with wokeness and more to do with acknowledging the fact that the women haven't won the men's Euro Championship, they've won the women's equivalent and brilliantly so 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Bods64 said:
    Didn’t like the way the ball was deposited to the centre circle by the cheating VW Group. Should have employed the use of an Aston Martin or another British car maker. Hang on though there aren’t any……
    Morgan. 
  • Gribbo said:
    I don't understand this. Literally not seen one negative post anywhere about this great achievement. All there's been is post after post, making incorrect comparisons between the success of the women's team and lack of success of the mens in two very different competitions (possibly four, come the WC), and of how women have had to come in and do what men couldn't.

Before people start no platforming and shouting "woke", it's got nothing to do with wokeness and more to do with acknowledging the fact that the women haven't won the men's Euro Championship, they've won the women's equivalent and brilliantly so 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    I think most of the “if you want it done, get a woman to do it” jokes have been just that, jokes. I can’t imagine anybody SERIOUSLY suggesting any one of the women’s team could cut it in the men’s team. They probably get hammered by the U-17 team.
  • Bods64 said:
    Competition sponsors
  • Gribbo said:
    I don't understand this. Literally not seen one negative post anywhere about this great achievement. All there's been is post after post, making incorrect comparisons between the success of the women's team and lack of success of the mens in two very different competitions (possibly four, come the WC), and of how women have had to come in and do what men couldn't.

I think most of the “if you want it done, get a woman to do it” jokes have been just that, jokes. I can’t imagine anybody SERIOUSLY suggesting any one of the women’s team could cut it in the men’s team. They probably get hammered by the U-17 team.
    Some people are deadly serious. I've even seen people commenting on LinkedIn suggesting it.
  • edited August 2022
    Something really needs to be done about the disparity in pay between men's and women's international football.  It's ridiculous that one team gets so much more than the other, despite representing the same country.  

For example, the England women's team won the Euros and gained prize money of approximately £1.8m for winning all their group stage matches, the whole knockout stage and winning the final.  Whereas the men had to share a paltry £22,000 for winning the World Cup in 1966. 

It's absolutely unfair. 

;) 
  • Chizz said:
    Something really needs to be done about the disparity in pay between men's and women's international football.  It's ridiculous that one team gets so much more than the other, despite representing the same country.  

For example, the England women's team won the Euros and gained prize money of approximately £1.8m for winning all their group stage matches, the whole knockout stage and winning the final.  Whereas the men had to share a paltry £22,000 for winning the World Cup in 1966. 

It's absolutely unfair.
    I know you're attention seeking, but it is interesting the difference in prize money from Sunday compared to the Mens competition last year. 

As runners up we got €30.25m last year, and for winning this year it's €2.045m 
  • Rothko said:
    Chizz said:

It's absolutely unfair.
    I know you're attention seeking, but it is interesting the difference in prize money from Sunday compared to the Mens competition last year. 

As runners up we got €30.25m last year, and for winning this year it's €2.045m 
    Ticket pricing. Most expensive ticket I think was £50 on Sunday. Compared to £950 for the final last year.
  • This LinkedIn post from a 'Marketing Mentor'

Women's football is so much better than men's.

It's the first time I've watched it, not going to lie, but it has quite a story:

👉 Women's football hit a peak in World War 1. Female factory workers put together football teams to raise money for wounded soldiers.

👉 Shortly after WW1, women were forced to leave the factories and end their football games.

👉 On December 5th, 1921 the FA banned all women from taking part in official games on all football grounds. This was kept in place until 1971.

👉 1972, the first official women's international game was played between Scotland and England at Ravenscraig Stadium.

👉 2022, the Lionesses brought it home, winning Euro 2022.

From charitable roots to misogynistic bans and then winning Europe 51 years later... 🔥🔥🔥

7 of the Lionesses are LGBT.

They were paid £2,000 per match, so if they played all matches, they'd have pocketed £67k + any bonuses.

That doesn't feel like a lot of money for inspiring young girls, uniting a country in such a bleak time and working their arses off for the equivalent of 2 days as Ronaldo.

Men's football is fraught with bigotry and strongly tied to domestic violence, which explains the amount of misogynistic comments by sweaty troglodytes, since they won.

Lionesses > sweaty trogs
  • Chizz said:

It's absolutely unfair.
    need to watch a bit of Bill Burr.