Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2022

Comments

• Options
    Djokovic wins the third set 6-2
  • Options
    Djokivich now 2 sets to 1 up. Got to think he is likely to win it in 4 from here.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Djokivich now 2 sets to 1 up. Got to think he is likely to win it in 4 from here.
    well if he is gonna win, can he do it 6-1 please so my bet comes in.

• Options
    philcafc said:
    I think so. At least Kyrgios should get an arsekicking in the final.
  • Options
    Djokovic breaks again. 1-0 lead in the fourth.
  • Options
    Novak breaks first game of 4th. Goodnight Irene.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    philcafc said:
    well if he is gonna win, can he do it 6-1 please so my bet comes in.

Agreed but so that I can leave the pub before I am completely pissed. Bad planning on my part.
  • Options
    Djokovic wins in four sets. 2-6 6-3 6-2 6-4
  • Options
    Too easy in the end. But let’s hope we see more of Norrie.

No idea who to support in the final!
  • Options
    He hasn't lost on Centre Court since the 2013 final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great tournament from Norrie, good effort today but unfortunately not many beat Djokovic. 

In two minds in the final, don't want either. One half wants Kyrgios but i dont like his antics, also can't stand Djokovic but he is unbelievable so cant grudge him when he is up there with the best ever.

Hopefully its a 5 set thriller! 
  • Options
    I have little sympathy with Novaxx's vaccine stance, but what a messy situation where Russians are banned from Wimbledon but allowed to play in the US, whereas Djokovic is allowed to play Wimbledon but probably will be banned from entering the US.

Especially when unvaccinated US players will be allowed to play the US open.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Palace v Spam playoff final. Normally I can manage a preference but not this time - both incredibly unlikeable  for me
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Djok has made some poor choices (the Aus open fiasco) but I don't get the dislike for him that there was before that.  Kyrgios has consistently been an utter dickhead and I am hoping for a complete humiliation and to never again see him in the final stages of our Wimbledon, the most prestigious tennis tournament in the game 
  • Options
    Sorry did I go a bit over the top there? I didn't manage to leave the pub before I was completely pissed. Now I'm in the Market Porter drinking strong pale ale so it's going to be messy.
  • Options
    Would like to see the Aussie smash Novak out of sight, can’t see it though 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Would like to see the Aussie smash Novak out of sight, can’t see it though 
    Looking forward to some in-game bants on CL then 
  • Options
    Born in South Africa. 

Raised in New Zealand. 

Went to University in the US. 

We'll still claim him  ;)
    Father Scottish Mother Welsh for completeness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No disgrace for Norrie to lose that,Novaks retrieving was just ridiculous,not only getting certain winners back but lobbing them right on the line.Can only see one winner sunday,but should be a good watch providing Krygios dosent start sulking and give up if he is getting done.
  • Options
    Really hoping Ons Jabeur wins today, she's so likeable.
  • Options
    Gotta be the most low key end to a title match I’ve seen 🤣
  • Options
    The most underwhelmed looking winner ever?
  • Options
    The 3-3/4-2 game was the one 
  • Options
    Well done to Rybakina, but pretty ironic that in a year where they ban the Russians from competing a Russian born wins the ladies final.
  • Options
    Yes, ironic. And she still lives in Moscow. 
  • Options
    Don't like either Djokovic or Krygios. They have played twice before with Krygios winning both. By his own standards Djokovic hasn't played well in this tournament. However the surface and previous experience are in his favour. Wouldn't count Krygios out of it completely. He has the talent to win if Djokovic has an off day.
  • Options
    Kyrgios for me. Like his unpredictable nature. 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Don't like either Djokovic or Krygios. They have played twice before with Krygios winning both. By his own standards Djokovic hasn't played well in this tournament. However the surface and previous experience are in his favour. Wouldn't count Krygios out of it completely. He has the talent to win if Djokovic has an off day.
    Has managed to raise his standards when needed though.  I think he'll win reasonably comfortably today, he'll wind up Kyrgios who can be worse when wound up.