Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    How much will they give us do we know? 
  • Options
    Man Utd have had history losing to lower league sides in this competition

Remember Freddy Eastwood and Southend knocking them out, along with Coventry a few years back

Gonna be a fun Match Preview to write :)
    Can we get Deano in, wasn't he in the York team that beat them?
  • Options
    No idea why SKY have to drag it out so much, but what a draw! We deserve it.
  • Options
    Brilliant draw but gutted it's away. Ah well, great for the team and anyone that can get up there and it's got to be on the box!
  • Options
    Hopefully won’t be too difficult getting tickets… anybody got an idea what away allocation would be at Old Trafford? 
    Burnley got just over 7,000 tickets

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/tickets-manchester-united-burnley-carabao-cup

We'll get the same I would think, although midweek and 250 miles from home will be a big shout out if we can take that many.
  • Options
    Would have preferred City away or a home match, but that's still a brilliant away draw. Just glad we weren't away at Wolves, Forest, Leicester or Soton which would have been dull
    After all the years of drawing the MK Dons and Huddersfield’s, we will take it 😂
  • Options
    David de Gea is gonna get sent off clattering Miles Leaburn isnt he?
    His Dad scored our consolation in the FA Cup lightening couldn’t strike twice could it ? 😲.
  • Options
    Total stich up of draw, UTD don't have to travel midweek prior to Manchester Derby.

Total BS!!!, Trains on strike!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gutted, son was desperate for a home tie as midweek 

Come on dad bunk him off school like we did :-) 
    Terrible cold going around the schools every year in mid January....... wouldn't want to get the other kids sick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just think of all our new signings salivating at playing at Old Trafford. Better make sure they aren't cup tied first 😄
  • Options
    I hope its the Wednesday, I am meant to be away with work on the Tuesday!!! 
  • Options
    Good team talk, 4-4-2, a heart felt rendition of Addicks to Victory and bobs yer mothers brother! 
  • Options
    Total stich up of draw, UTD don't have to travel midweek prior to Manchester Derby.

Total BS!!!, Trains on strike!!!
    Might give us a chance given its between the FA Cup and Manc Derby

Can see United putting out a weak squad - Cant see anything like the team that beat Burnley

• Options
    Take him anyway. Tell the school it's educational. you're going on a pilgrimage.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
  • Options
    Can’t see us taking more than 3K there for a midweek game . Getting tickets won’t be a problem. 
    Attaboy ... up and at em!
  • Options
    Can’t see us taking more than 3K there for a midweek game . Getting tickets won’t be a problem. 
    100%, gutted this is not at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Hopefully won’t be too difficult getting tickets… anybody got an idea what away allocation would be at Old Trafford? 
    Burnley got just over 7,000 tickets

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/tickets-manchester-united-burnley-carabao-cup

We'll get the same I would think, although midweek and 250 miles from home will be a big shout out if we can take that many.
    we will definitely take that many 

• Options
    when was the last time when did we last play United in any competition?
  • Options
    Not so sure of that. I may or may not already be having a sneaky look at the cost of flights from across the Atlantic...
  • Options
    when was the last time when did we last play United in any competition?
    Final season of the Premier League
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Take him anyway. Tell the school it's educational. you're going on a pilgrimage.
    Definitely! I took my son out of school for two days for our last big quarter final against Hartlepool last year and his education hasn’t suffered for it.

Just tell the school he’s got the dentist. Or a bad back.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Great draw!! Surely we’ll sell out the 7,000?
    I will be shocked if we do, midweek and possibly live on TV
  • Options
    Feel like we can take a decent crowd up for this one. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    What date is the game to be played ?
    w/c 9th January

Man Utd have games on Friday 6th January (Everton FA Cup) and then an early KO in the Premier League on the 14th January... So reckon we'll play them on the Tuesday or Wednesday
    Hope it's not on the Tuesday. I have a client appointment in Eastbourne that morning. I should be home by 2pm, but I expect the  coaches will leave around then.