Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    Have a word with the new COO can’t you Rick? Someone down there must be able to give you an introduction.
    I’ve been doing the coach times for them for the last year… but no way am I organising this.
    Make John from Larkfield set off on Xmas day 
  • Options
    Just thinking about Rashford running at Inniss…… and Inniss going all in. Fuck me!
    Hahaha mate that was exactly what I thought the second the draw came out !!! Odds on Innis being sent off must be short
  • Options
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gutted, son was desperate for a home tie as midweek 

Come on dad bunk him off school like we did :-) 
    exactly this - treat him and yourself to a big day out AFKA  
  • Options
    Can’t wait to watch Inniss smash Fernandes up in the air 
  • Options
    Should be only a couple of days after the takeover's gone through... Who's bringing the tea towels?
  • Options
    Should be only a couple of days after the takeover's gone through... Who's bringing the tea towels?

Stetsons.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    Have a word with the new COO can’t you Rick? Someone down there must be able to give you an introduction.
    I’ve been doing the coach times for them for the last year… but no way am I organising this.
    Wasn’t expecting you to organise it but have a word initially so that they don’t underestimate how many tickets we could sell. Can just see someone saying 3,000 will be enough thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    honestly think I need to take a break from this place for a bit, we just got the basically plumb draw and all anyone wants to talk about is negative. Everyone always moans during these cup draws that we don't get the "big one" we just fucking got it - on a plate. Think some of you lot needs to give your heads a wobble if you can't see the draw of Man U away.
    Are you looking at a different page to the rest of us, as I don't see any of of that negativity?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Wasn’t expecting you to organise it but have a word initially so that they don’t underestimate how many tickets we could sell. Can just see someone saying 3,000 will be enough thank you.
    The thought of Burger Boy working on this is terrifying 
  • Options
    Surely it’ll be on the Tuesday if United have City on the Saturday lunchtime.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

There are enough burger vans outside OT already!
  • Options
    It's gotta be Chris Powell in the sky sports studio on the day.

Can't just have Gary neville moaning about the glazers and talking about Ronaldo 

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

Agreed.
  • Options
    I went up on a chartered train in 1994 #propercharlton
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
  • Options
    Get in. I believe I may have a meeting with my Manchester based client that week!
    Do you need a bag man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on you reds
    Come on you reds
    Let's keep your bottle don't lose your heads
    For 90 minutes we will let them know
    It's Charlton Athletic, here we go.
  • Options
    I think the away teams have been staying at the Hyatt Regency by the University.
  • Options
    This is so Un-Charlton. 

Holding on to a back against the wall 0-0 then winning on pens. 

Getting rewarded with a big draw. 

Wow I'm enjoying is this, is this what being a football fan is meant to be like? 

Nah can't be. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Especially if they're in our playing squad  :)
  • Options
    TomNight said:
    Do we reckon people that want a ticket will get one? Struggling to see us selling out 7k 

We’ll do double that easily. We sold out the 6,500 at Sheffield United FA Cup Semi few years ago. Understand this is a Quarter but it’s Man Utd…
    Big difference this is midweek. Two days leave unless you drive or coach. Prob on tv. Just after Xmas, during a cost of living crisis.
    That game was on a Sunday 12 midday kick off . I drove home after the match 500 miles.

if you can’t do it it’s sure to be live on tele as was Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    Last time I went to Old Trafford with Charlton, some animal ate my arm hair, @stop shouting threw up in a pint glass and we got stalked by Dennis Twigg at the airport.  Happy days!
  • Options
    What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    With the club?