Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    If Sandgaard wants to build bridges he/club could do much worse than laying on free coach travel for this.
    The club will make plenty of money from the tie. I don’t think it needs to make money from running coaches, but I wouldn’t run free travel either as it’s difficult to manage efficiently. You could charge £20 and cover costs. 

There is an opportunity here to do something to engage the fanbase and maximise support on the night. 
    Agree - my initial reaction to the tie was there is zero chance am I doing that.

But, if given the opportunity to 'lazily' get a heavily subsidised Valley Express from Pembury, just up the road from me, I'd probably do it. Sensible ticket prices needed too, obviously.

Something like this, absolutely served on a plate, could see a big turnout.
    Likewise, and I’m not worried about it being heavily subsidised or the ticket price.

in fact, if anyone along the Valley Express route from Hastings would be interested in going to Old Trafford then state it here. Would be good to go to the Club with an idea of numbers to encourage them  to run a coach from the South Coast. I’m sure there would be enough interest. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No way is this a sell out. Tickets will be available in the home end.
    Yeah coz' United always struggle to sell out cup quarter finals......................................................  :D 
    He’s probably right …. They had 12,000 unsold seats against Burnley last night 
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to bringing back the classic ‘live round the corner, you only live round the corner’ song.

oh hang on a minute…..
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    David de Gea is gonna get sent off clattering Miles Leaburn isnt he?
    His Dad scored our consolation in the FA Cup lightening couldn’t strike twice could it ? 😲.
    Hes a bit too old now.
  • Options
    Great draw we will lose and make a fortune and hopefully take 8-10k and a great piss up away day

Spanners gone quiet on spanner’s online after their 164 page thread on the club they don’t care about 😂

Love it 

• Options
    Brighton fans are level headed on the whole..but that’s a great read haha
  • Options
    Get in. I believe I may have a meeting with my Manchester based client that week!
    Do you need a bag man.
    Only after the meeting, man
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No way is this a sell out. Tickets will be available in the home end.
    Yeah coz' United always struggle to sell out cup quarter finals......................................................  :D 
    He’s probably right …. They had 12,000 unsold seats against Burnley last night 
    Hopefully you're joking because you know that the capacity was lowered due to the Paramedics strikes. 

I think you are... but it's been a long day so you'll forgive me if i miss a bit of sarcasm!! 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Fair comment. I appreciate that.

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

We've got two and a half weeks for this to go well. Based on all available evidence around the club's running of late - last night, for instance, with Brighton - then this could be a disaster.

Airman has this sort of thing ingrained into how he has interacted with Charlton all his life basically so I don't think it's fair to knock him for that. He's probably well excited about the draw, like we almost all are, but fair enough if he posts about what needs to be done
    @killerandflash

this is what i'm talking about - so far in the last two hours it's been;

"we won't sell out our allocation and have to send tickets back" 

"Manchester United won't sell out their own ground for this"

"It could be a disaster for our less abled fans to travel there"

But apparently it's me who is reading a different thread..  the negativity is palpable. This is what's being said after two hours of the draw ffs.

I don’t think it’s negative though to question the clubs ability or appetite to sell tickets or organise travel especially the latter. In any normal organisation you’d be having a big meeting at 10am tomorrow to make decisions and get wheels in motion but I have zero expectation of that happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

We've got two and a half weeks for this to go well. Based on all available evidence around the club's running of late - last night, for instance, with Brighton - then this could be a disaster.

Airman has this sort of thing ingrained into how he has interacted with Charlton all his life basically so I don't think it's fair to knock him for that. He's probably well excited about the draw, like we almost all are, but fair enough if he posts about what needs to be done
    @killerandflash

But apparently it's me who is reading a different thread..  the negativity is palpable. This is what's being said after two hours of the draw ffs.

I don’t think it’s negative though to question the clubs ability or appetite to sell tickets or organise travel especially the latter. In any normal organisation you’d be having a big meeting at 10am tomorrow to make decisions and get wheels in motion but I have zero expectation of that happening.
    not negative at all then?

These two statements don't seem to tally.. but maybe i'm just reading it wrong?

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

Blimey I know it's a long way but i'd expect the coach could leave Larkfield a little later than 10am tomorrow.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

Not negativity, it’s realism.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

semantics.

It ain't positive and it's not neutral either.
  • Options
    Would have preferred City away or a home match, but that's still a brilliant away draw. Just glad we weren't away at Wolves, Forest, Leicester or Soton which would have been dull
    Or it might not have been. [See Brighton]. 
  • Options
    Cracking tie, we might not even get a spanking up there on the night as it turns out Utd have the Manchester derby v City on the following Saturday lunchtime and then Arsenal away the next league game after that so can't exactly see them going full tilt against us.

Would like to think despite being midweek and travel difficulties we could still sell out whatever allocation Utd give us though like others I do worry the club might just say 3k tickets and 2 coaches will do as per usual. Would love to see 6-7k up there though.
  • Options
    Hotels pre booked already for 3 nights that week (free cancellation).

I reckon that’s a bigger logistical issue for anyone rather than getting a match ticket.

Have suffered so many disaster away trips to middle of nowhere towns over the last few years  (1 win in my last 25 now), so this does feel like a proper reward.

Leapt off my settee and cheered like a madman when our name was called out. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

Lets hope our new COO, investors and owners can improve things!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

semantics.

Ripping apart every post is pretty negative in my opinion 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

@killerandflash

semantics.

Ripping apart every post is pretty negative in my opinion 
    you're spot on. Apologies. 

Sorry all. Just getting excited and enjoying the moment a bit too much, No offence intended
  • Options
    What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    Both teams get 45% of the total gate. Man U away is the best draw any lower league side can get for obvious reasons.

Depending on what United charge, we should walk away easily with at least 600-700k, and it'll probably be over a million if we're on sky.

Tommy might well hang on a few more weeks now.
  • Options
    Hopefully won’t be too difficult getting tickets… anybody got an idea what away allocation would be at Old Trafford? 
    Definitely will be able to have 9k tickets if we ask for it.
  • Options
    I remember the times coming up here not wetting myself in excitement.  A sign of how far we have fallen.
  • Options
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
  • Options
    This was what Burnley got so i'd expect similar.

Allocation - 7,171

Ticket prices:

Adult: £28

18-20: £21

Over 65: £14

16-17: £14

Under 16: £10

• Options
    Cracking tie, we might not even get a spanking up there on the night as it turns out Utd have the Manchester derby v City on the following Saturday lunchtime and then Arsenal away the next league game after that so can't exactly see them going full tilt against us.

Would like to think despite being midweek and travel difficulties we could still sell out whatever allocation Utd give us though like others I do worry the club might just say 3k tickets and 2 coaches will do as per usual. Would love to see 6-7k up there though.
    The biggest danger of the club not taking the full allocation is if they read this thread and listen to all the glass half full merchants - of course we will sell whatever they give us - our fans are starved of a bit of fun - I’ll be getting our tickets and worrying about the logistics after that