Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    We went by train group of us from Eltham must have been about 30/40 of us. We’re in a pen on half way line. Charlton went 1-0 up, then all hell broke out on the terrace. Police with truncheons wading in as well. We were all put up on edge of pitch and March to another section opposite side of ground, across the front of Stratford End, all spitting at us. By time we got there. We’re losing 2-1.
  • Options
    I believe a Flixi bus travels to manachester.

You can jump on from just outside Victoria st 

The flixi bus is usually very cheap. Got a York return a few years ago for just £3.99
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Let me know if you figure it out!!
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
    If the trains aren't on strike you can get a train from Manchester to Leeds all through the night because of the airport. 
    Ahh yes of course…looks strikes are on though. Once we know a date I may be able to drive depending on when my wife is working. Somehow we’ll get there!

Where are you based exactly?
    Tong, right on the Leeds/Bradford boundary, you?  
  • Options

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Hotel Football. 400 yards from the ground. I'll book when the fixture is confirmed.

Manchester is an hour and a half from me. I'll be in the pub from 2pm.

Red Army!
    If you’re going to be hitting the pubs before/after is that the best area to stay? Understand it’s close to the ground, but not sure if it’s too close to where everything else might be?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    redbuttle said:
    Are train strikes planned for that week.
    No. No train strikes the whole of that week 
    You can't rely on Avanti not to fuck things up. If you risk going by train you need to make it really early and back the next day I would suggest. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
    If the trains aren't on strike you can get a train from Manchester to Leeds all through the night because of the airport. 
    Trains won't be on strike. They are out the whole week before (RMT and ASLEF between them).
  • Options
    Man city look half decent to be fair.

But could they do it on a cold Tuesday night in sarf London 
    Maybe just ha
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Fair comment. I appreciate that.

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

We've got two and a half weeks for this to go well. Based on all available evidence around the club's running of late - last night, for instance, with Brighton - then this could be a disaster.

Airman has this sort of thing ingrained into how he has interacted with Charlton all his life basically so I don't think it's fair to knock him for that. He's probably well excited about the draw, like we almost all are, but fair enough if he posts about what needs to be done
    @killerandflash

this is what i'm talking about - so far in the last two hours it's been;

"we won't sell out our allocation and have to send tickets back" 

"Manchester United won't sell out their own ground for this"

"It could be a disaster for our less abled fans to travel there"

But apparently it's me who is reading a different thread..  the negativity is palpable. This is what's being said after two hours of the draw ffs.
    Two of those are arguably true though. I think we’ll sell out our allocation, but Man U probably won’t if there were 12k unsold for Burnley. It’s extra cash during tough times, they’ll all think it’ll be one sided, and will probably be more interested in the semi final and/or final.
    It’s a great draw for us, whether you make it to the game, or watch it on TV. 
    It was originally a sell-out

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just the draw I wanted yessssss can't wait we are going to smash them Come On You Reds
  • Options
    Really hope we can have 1/2 additions early Jan that can play for the United game. Stockley vs Varane gives me nightmares. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Trains won't be on strike. They are out the whole week before (RMT and ASLEF between them).
    I wouldn't bet against it, I suspect they will really ramp up after Xmas if it's not sorted out by then. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Really hope we can have 1/2 additions early Jan that can play for the United game. Stockley vs Varane gives me nightmares. 
    But surely most decent options will be cup-tied?  Unless we try and get players from clubs that went out after one game. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    But surely most decent options will be cup-tied?  Unless we try and get players from clubs that went out after one game. 

Messi, Mbappe, Griezmann, Pedri, Gavi, Benzema - none has been involved in the EFL Cup.

Just sayin.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clive said:

Supporters are advised to make sure they have an account registered on the club’s ticketing database in order to be in the best position to purchase tickets to the quarter-final.

Tickets for any last eight fixture are likely to be in-demand and by being registered on the club’s ticketing database, you will have a greater chance of being able to purchase tickets.

Click here to register your details on the club’s ticketing database. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk if you have any queries or to check if you are already registered.

If you have purchased tickets for a Charlton match from booking.cafc.co.uk then you will already be registered on the club’s ticketing database.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticketing-information-ahead-quarter-final-draw

Exactly what the loyalty points system was implemented for. Fairest way to do it
    True but i honestly don't see an issue.

It's not a Saturday 3pm game, so i'm pretty sure anyone who wants to go will be able to get a ticket regardless of where they fall in the points system.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:

Messi, Mbappe, Griezmann, Pedri, Gavi, Benzema - none has been involved in the EFL Cup.

Just saying

Mbappe - would be a good partner for Stockley’s  flicks
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clive said:

Supporters are advised to make sure they have an account registered on the club’s ticketing database in order to be in the best position to purchase tickets to the quarter-final.

Tickets for any last eight fixture are likely to be in-demand and by being registered on the club’s ticketing database, you will have a greater chance of being able to purchase tickets.

Click here to register your details on the club’s ticketing database. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk if you have any queries or to check if you are already registered.

If you have purchased tickets for a Charlton match from booking.cafc.co.uk then you will already be registered on the club’s ticketing database.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticketing-information-ahead-quarter-final-draw

Exactly what the loyalty points system was implemented for. Fairest way to do it
    True but i honestly don't see an issue.

It's not a Saturday 3pm game, so i'm pretty sure anyone who wants to go will be able to get a ticket regardless of where they fall in the points system.
    Yeah agree mate, 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    BBC are saying Tuesday 10th, get your train tickets 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    With the club?
    I seem to recall meeting up at Euston to pick up train tickets (was it Walker?) from Valley away?I stood in the Stretford End by myself. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Imagine the nightmares the Utd defenders would have if Stockers scored against them.

The poor lambs would be traumatised for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    BBC are saying Tuesday 10th, get your train tickets 
    BBC are saying Tuesday 10th for all 4 ties. That won't be the case.
  • Options
    Ambulance strike called for Wednesday 11th, another good reason for having it on the Tuesday
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Just booked into the Hilton Garden Inn for the week at £258 a night, but what price do you put on watching Charlton beat Man U in their own back yard
    Think that amounts to more than our January transfer budget!
  • Options
    This is going to be one of those away games where people think they’re entitled to sit in the seat actually printed on their ticket, isn’t it?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    This is going to be one of those away games where people think they’re entitled to sit in the seat actually printed on their ticket, isn’t it?
    Real kick in the bollocks for punters who been to every away game this season including Stockport