Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    People piping up about sitting in the right seats already 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a club. What a fan base.
    Cue the posts along the lines of, " I went to a game in 1978, so I deserve a ticket to this one and its outrageous that I'm not going to be able to get one", before any mention of ticket sales or priority gets mentioned. 

Ah well, such is life.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cue the posts along the lines of, " I went to a game in 1978, so I deserve a ticket to this one and its outrageous that I'm not going to be able to get one", before any mention of ticket sales or priority gets mentioned. 

Ah well, such is life.

Valley Gold first ;-)
  • Options
    Booked the midland hotel for the Tuesday only £130 stayed there’d before for an insurance conference when it’s been £600 so happy with that 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    From the Man Utd website

The tie will take place during the week commencing 9 January, between consecutive home dates against Everton, on Friday 6 January in the Emirates FA Cup, and Manchester City, in the league, on Saturday 14 January.

The game against City could still move to the Sunday afternoon if either our Carabao Cup quarter-final or theirs is selected for live TV broadcast on Thursday 12 January.
    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-discover-carabao-cup-quarter-final-opponents-for-january-2023

• Options
    Booked the midland hotel for the Tuesday only £130 stayed there’d before for an insurance conference when it’s been £600 so happy with that 

Very good hotel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    clive said:
    From the Man Utd website

The tie will take place during the week commencing 9 January, between consecutive home dates against Everton, on Friday 6 January in the Emirates FA Cup, and Manchester City, in the league, on Saturday 14 January.

The game against City could still move to the Sunday afternoon if either our Carabao Cup quarter-final or theirs is selected for live TV broadcast on Thursday 12 January.
    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-discover-carabao-cup-quarter-final-opponents-for-january-2023

Crazy that the Broadcasters could yet again move the Manchester Derby at this late stage.

Its already been moved to a 12:30pm KO on the 14th for BT Sport
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

Ah well, such is life.

Valley Gold first ;-)
    Haha, you know it’s all going to kick off when they announce the ticket sale arrangements and VG have priority! 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    se9addick said:
    This is going to be one of those away games where people think they’re entitled to sit in the seat actually printed on their ticket, isn’t it?
    Real kick in the bollocks for punters who been to every away game this season including Stockport 
    What's a kick in the bollox?

This is the sort of thing I dont understand. A plum cup draw in a totally shit season, and people looking for things to be negative about.

The draw was last night. Just enjoy the feeling. The announcements on dates and tickets will come.
    Come on it’s charlton we’ve got to moan about something. No to answer your question it’s just for those of us who like to stand up and normally this season we have sat whoever we want. It creates a problem where you might stuck infront of people who want to sit down the whole game ( from their point of view as well might be old and disabled and stuck behind people who won’t sit down)  and keep tapping you on the shoulder , but point taken don’t get me wrong I will just be happy to be there and i’m sure everyone who goes will have a good time 
  • Options
    clive said:
    From the Man Utd website

Crazy that the Broadcasters could yet again move the Manchester Derby at this late stage.

Will no-one think of the travelling fans?
  • Options
    lovely to have the spotlight on us for a good reason .. our biggest game since last time at  Wembley coming up
  • Options
    Sorry, think some of our fans are delusional… How can anyone truly believe  7,000 are going to rock up at old Trafford on a Tuesday,Weds,Thur in early January. We get a 0-0 draw at home and win a poor pen shot out, and a season of complete bollocks is forgotten about. 

Ok, is great, been a while since we had a cup run that culminates in a decent big game. But, let’s be honest it will go no further, we will lose 3 or 4 nil, and most likely limp out like we have in so many league games. The older generation have seen us at Old Trafford on a number of occasions, so not a massive first for many of us. 

I think we would be do really bloody well to sell 3,500 half the allocation. So can see no problem anybody getting a ticket. I will be one of those, but only because it’s a chance to meet up with friends in the Manchester area, who I haven’t seen in a while.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    se9addick said:
    This is going to be one of those away games where people think they’re entitled to sit in the seat actually printed on their ticket, isn’t it?
    Real kick in the bollocks for punters who been to every away game this season including Stockport 
    What's a kick in the bollox?

This is the sort of thing I dont understand. A plum cup draw in a totally shit season, and people looking for things to be negative about.

The draw was last night. Just enjoy the feeling. The announcements on dates and tickets will come.
    You keep moaning about people being negative but it seems like you are whining more than anyone else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Let me know if you figure it out!!
    Out of curiosity, is there not a car-sharing app in the UK?
    Something like this which work a treat in France:
    https://www.blablacar.fr/

• Options
    Sorry, think some of our fans are delusional… How can anyone truly believe  7,000 are going to rock up at old Trafford on a Tuesday,Weds,Thur in early January. We get a 0-0 draw at home and win a poor pen shot out, and a season of complete bollocks is forgotten about. 

Ok, is great, been a while since we had a cup run that culminates in a decent big game. But, let’s be honest it will go no further, we will lose 3 or 4 nil, and most likely limp out like we have in so many league games. The older generation have seen us at Old Trafford on a number of occasions, so not a massive first for many of us. 

I think we would be do really bloody well to sell 3,500 half the allocation. So can see no problem anybody getting a ticket. I will be one of those, but only because it’s a chance to meet up with friends in the Manchester area, who I haven’t seen in a while.
    We've not played there since February 2007, so it'll be 16 years since our last visit. Many younger fans won't have been born or were too young the last time we played there.
  • Options
    I was just going to say that kaf.  The young adults are going to be well up for it.... those that are allowed out of school.  
  • Options
    I’m banking everything on the Tues or Wed so it will be Sod’s Law they choose the Monday 
  • Options

The ultimate question is do we all stand or sit down during the game? 😂
  • Options

Have you read the threads in the run up to the Brighton game? We were saying the same thing then.

Yes, this time it probably will happen BUT there's always a chance ...

• Options
    All my lot are going including a couple that inly attend games occasionally. Reckon we will have well over 5k there. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    From the Man Utd website

Will no-one think of the travelling fans?
    If your flight gets delayed by more than four hours then you are entitled to compensation, in addition to a full refund for cancelled flights 

It's about time that the FSA campaigned for the same for football match travel and tickets already purchased.