Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Let me know if you figure it out!!
  • Options
    Great draw. It'll be interesting to see how many can afford this, as they can't afford home games  :D
    £2
    £2.20
    £2.75
  • Options
    need to know the date, quick bit of research, train up in the afternoon and back the following morning c£80 return from Euston / Manc Picadilly, hotel for <£70

WFH with 2 half days..
  • Options
    If Ben garner was still manager, we would have got slaughtered on Wednesday 
  • Options
    TomNight said:
    Do we reckon people that want a ticket will get one? Struggling to see us selling out 7k 

We’ll do double that easily. We sold out the 6,500 at Sheffield United FA Cup Semi few years ago. Understand this is a Quarter but it’s Man Utd…
    Big difference this is midweek. Two days leave unless you drive or coach. Prob on tv. Just after Xmas, during a cost of living crisis.
    That game was on a Sunday 12 midday kick off . I drove home after the match 500 miles.

if you can’t do it it’s sure to be live on tele as was Sheff Utd.

Drove? Hint you heard the song?

You're supposed to walk 500 miles!
  • Options
    Just imagine a Sandgaard guitar solo in the centre circle at Old Trafford…….. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    With the club?
    The club organised charter train(s) in 1994. I'm not sure such trains still exist, as it was old rolling stock rather than the normal Inter City stock of the time
    I was talking about league cup game against Man U in 1974. 

Everyone well almost everyone went in 1994 fa Cup game.

I know club organized trains as I was one of the stewards on the trains that day in 94
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get in a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
  • Options
    All the talk on the club not being able to arrange travel, did the club arrange travel back in 94? Wasn’t it all handled by the Supporters Club in those days? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Fair comment. I appreciate that.

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

We've got two and a half weeks for this to go well. Based on all available evidence around the club's running of late - last night, for instance, with Brighton - then this could be a disaster.

Airman has this sort of thing ingrained into how he has interacted with Charlton all his life basically so I don't think it's fair to knock him for that. He's probably well excited about the draw, like we almost all are, but fair enough if he posts about what needs to be done
    @killerandflash

this is what i'm talking about - so far in the last two hours it's been;

"we won't sell out our allocation and have to send tickets back" 

"Manchester United won't sell out their own ground for this"

"It could be a disaster for our less abled fans to travel there"

But apparently it's me who is reading a different thread..  the negativity is palpable. This is what's being said after two hours of the draw ffs.
    Two of those are arguably true though. I think we’ll sell out our allocation, but Man U probably won’t if there were 12k unsold for Burnley. It’s extra cash during tough times, they’ll all think it’ll be one sided, and will probably be more interested in the semi final and/or final.
    It’s a great draw for us, whether you make it to the game, or watch it on TV. 
  • Options
    Thinking about it overnight, the club should ensure they claim the biggest allocation they can. Big games for us are now few and far between and despite the midweek hassle, this feels a ‘must go’, if only to prove we can still turn out numbers
    thats better - a good night's sleep and some rational thinking 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  
  • Options
    Flight on the Tuesday the 10 th is £48 might be cheaper than Avanti 
  • Options
    Are train strikes planned for that week.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    If Ben garner was still manager, we would have got slaughtered on Wednesday 
    If we’d try to play out from the back. Definitely. And we probably would have!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  
    Deansgate, probably, yes. 
    Tuesday is favourite I think. 
  • Options
    train return £64 / hotel room £30, ticket? 25? bar bill ??????????
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    RedChaser said:
    David de Gea is gonna get sent off clattering Miles Leaburn isnt he?
    His Dad scored our consolation in the FA Cup lightening couldn’t strike twice could it ? 😲.
    Hes a bit too old now.
    Have you been watching Stockley and Chucks lately 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022

booked hotel for tues and weds night with free cancellation will be a 1/2 day on day of the game 13.14 train up to manchester beers then come back at leisure the next day. 

havent got a hope but a big away game with the flags out etc. fantastic closest ill get to a midweek european type tie with my club. 

looking at uniteds fixtures i think will be a tuesday as cant see this being on sky. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 
    Any reason why Tuesday is most likely? Think it could be Tues, Weds or Thurs that week depending on Sky.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Are train strikes planned for that week.
    No. No train strikes the whole of that week 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 

Premier Inn - Deansgate Locks is a 10 minute walk to Deansgate. Loads of great pubs in the area if it's a boozy night in prospect then the Premier Inn it will do the job - The Hilton on Deansgate itself is a superb hotel but pricey.

The tram from Deansgate or Piccadilly takes about 10-15 minutes to Old Trafford and they run every 5 minutes.

• Options
    I am positive all the way, still think Europe within 5 years (TS never said it would still have to be him at the helm)

• Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 
    Any reason why Tuesday is most likely? Think it could be Tues, Weds or Thurs that week depending on Sky.
    Because of Manure’s fixtures the Friday before and Saturday after.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
    There’ll be a fair few of you travelling from West Yorkshire 😉.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 
    You can scrub Thursday as Man Utd have got a Saturday lunchtime meeting with Man City.

Their FA Cup match the previous weekend (home to Everton) is on the Friday evening.

Tuesday is in the middle of these two fixtures which gives OT groundstaff Sat/Sun/Mon to prepare a bowling green for our tippy-tappy style of play and then Wed/Thurs/Fri to get it all scuffed up for the City cloggers.
    Notice that Man City play in the FA Cup on the Sunday (TV Coverage), cant see them playing in the League Cup on either the Tuesday or Thursday - Newcastle are also on the TV for the FA Cup, but thats a Saturday game.