Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    is it wrong to take kids out of school for it !! I reckon you'd need to leave eltham about 2pm 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get in a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  

Premier Inn - Deansgate Locks is a 10 minute walk to Deansgate. Loads of great pubs in the area if it's a boozy night in prospect then the Premier Inn it will do the job - The Hilton on Deansgate itself is a superb hotel but pricey.

The tram from Deansgate or Piccadilly takes about 10-15 minutes to Old Trafford and they run every 5 minutes.

nice one, many thanks 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Let me know if you figure it out!!
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
    If the trains aren't on strike you can get a train from Manchester to Leeds all through the night because of the airport. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/matches/matchcenter/man-utd-vs-charlton-match-2344261

saying 7:45pm on 10th Jan

Edit: Looking at the other teams website involved, they say the same so wait for official confirmation 
  • Options
    As Bobmunro said, Deansgate is ideal. About 4 tram stops to Old Trafford and similar the other way to Piccadilly Station. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  
    Deansgate, probably, yes. 
    Tuesday is favourite I think. 
    Any reason why Tuesday is most likely? Think it could be Tues, Weds or Thurs that week depending on Sky.
    Because of Manure’s fixtures the Friday before and Saturday after.
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 
    Deansgate, probably, yes. 
    Tuesday is favourite I think. 
    Any reason why Tuesday is most likely? Think it could be Tues, Weds or Thurs that week depending on Sky.
    You can scrub Thursday as Man Utd have got a Saturday lunchtime meeting with Man City.

Their FA Cup match the previous weekend (home to Everton) is on the Friday evening.

Tuesday is in the middle of these two fixtures which gives OT groundstaff Sat/Sun/Mon to prepare a bowling green for our tippy-tappy style of play and then Wed/Thurs/Fri to get it all scuffed up for the City cloggers.
    Thanks chaps - great detective work! , 
  • Options
    Was hoping it was Wednesday, but the Tuesday looks favourite considering Utd’s other fixtures. 

It will be the coach/drive for me as I have an appointment Wednesday morning at 9am that I can’t move! 
  • Options
    Last time we played then in the League cup we lost 5-1 up there but got promotion from League 1. It's happening.
  • Options
    Anyone who went Stockport away should get a ticket…..
    And if they want one I'm sure they'll get one. This will make general sale so everyone can just calm down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at that one. 1974.
    A student at the time I hitch hiked up and stayed with an ex girlfriend after the match and hitched back the next day.
    We scored after about a minute (Peter Hunt?) but then got tonked 5-1.
    I met a United fan in a chip shop afterwards and he was buzzing, hoping for City in the next round which I think is what happened.
    Even after a 5-1 win, on the bus away from the ground their fans were moaning that our goal was offside.
    We had a loyal bunch of supporters around the half way line.
  • Options
    Away allocations are often offered on the basis that you can have a smaller amount on sale or return, or the full allocation, paid upfront. 

In these cases, the away club has to be pretty sure it can sell out if it goes for the full allocation. 
  • Options
    honestly think I need to take a break from this place for a bit, we just got the basically plumb draw and all anyone wants to talk about is negative. Everyone always moans during these cup draws that we don't get the "big one" we just fucking got it - on a plate. Think some of you lot needs to give your heads a wobble if you can't see the draw of Man U away.
    Happy days.
  • Options
    Man Utd may not want the fixture on the Wednesday 11th as the Ambulance workers have called a 24 hour strike on that day & the attendance may be restricted to 60,000 approx for safety reasons.

• Options
    was the Man Utd game crowd restricted cos of ambulance people on strike im sure someone wrote on here 

they had 72.5k against villa in the third round so that’s more a marker

and this is a cup 1/4 final guaranteed win , so they’ll sell out , just a question of have we got enough glory boys to sell out our allocation

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    TomNight said:
    Do we reckon people that want a ticket will get one? Struggling to see us selling out 7k 

We’ll do double that easily. We sold out the 6,500 at Sheffield United FA Cup Semi few years ago. Understand this is a Quarter but it’s Man Utd…

On a Sunday with the trains running.

And the SU game was a quarter-final.
    I thought the trains were fucked that day? Either that or the first train from London didn't arrive before the kick off.
    I remember going by coach 

I drove from Edinburgh to Sheffield, leaving about 6.00am (been to the rugby at Murrayfield the day before).
    Me too Bob!
  • Options
    If he’s still involved by then, I bet TS uses this as an opportunity to get in the limelight 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    was the Man Utd game crowd restricted cos of ambulance people on strike im sure someone wrote on here 

they had 72.5k against villa in the third round so that’s more a marker

and this is a cup 1/4 final guaranteed win , so they’ll sell out , just a question of have we got enough glory boys to sell out our allocation

Not necessarily...how presumptuous 🤷‍♂️, they've obviously not heard of the MIGHTY ADDICKS..and we're comin' to get ya...👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Anyone who went Stockport away should get a ticket…..
    And if they want one I'm sure they'll get one. This will make general sale so everyone can just calm down.
    fa cup glory boys 
  • Options
    not booked but tahts what travelodge price is - in fact £26 !! 
  • Options

Supporters are advised to make sure they have an account registered on the club’s ticketing database in order to be in the best position to purchase tickets to the quarter-final.

Tickets for any last eight fixture are likely to be in-demand and by being registered on the club’s ticketing database, you will have a greater chance of being able to purchase tickets.

Click here to register your details on the club’s ticketing database. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk if you have any queries or to check if you are already registered.

If you have purchased tickets for a Charlton match from booking.cafc.co.uk then you will already be registered on the club’s ticketing database.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticketing-information-ahead-quarter-final-draw

• Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    train return £64 / hotel room £30, ticket? 25? bar bill ??????????
    Hotel room £30? Where are you staying, a prison cell? 😂
    Room share with Rufus.
  • Options
    Hotel Football. 400 yards from the ground. I'll book when the fixture is confirmed.

Manchester is an hour and a half from me. I'll be in the pub from 2pm.

Red Army!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Hopefully CAST can liaise with the club to emphasise the demand for tickets and coaches etc
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Need to figure out how I’ll get there and back from Leeds minus the car that day 😬
    Let me know if you figure it out!!
    Getting there shouldn’t be an issue. Train (if possible) or coach. Getting home is unlikely so could be a hotel. 
    If the trains aren't on strike you can get a train from Manchester to Leeds all through the night because of the airport. 
    Ahh yes of course…looks strikes are on though. Once we know a date I may be able to drive depending on when my wife is working. Somehow we’ll get there!

Where are you based exactly?
  • Options
    clive said:

Supporters are advised to make sure they have an account registered on the club’s ticketing database in order to be in the best position to purchase tickets to the quarter-final.

Tickets for any last eight fixture are likely to be in-demand and by being registered on the club’s ticketing database, you will have a greater chance of being able to purchase tickets.

Click here to register your details on the club’s ticketing database. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk if you have any queries or to check if you are already registered.

If you have purchased tickets for a Charlton match from booking.cafc.co.uk then you will already be registered on the club’s ticketing database.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticketing-information-ahead-quarter-final-draw

Exactly what the loyalty points system was implemented for. Fairest way to do it
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train.