Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Boom said:
    Last time I went to Old Trafford with Charlton, some animal ate my arm hair, @stop shouting threw up in a pint glass and we got stalked by Dennis Twigg at the airport.  Happy days!
    And you loved every minute of it!
  • Options
    “Things can only get better!”
  • Options
    What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 
  • Options
    Anyone who went Stockport away should get a ticket…..
    They need their heads checking first.
  • Options
    If Sandgaard wants to build bridges he/club could do much worse than laying on free coach travel for this.
  • Options
    Can United can raise their game?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    With the club?
    The club organised charter train(s) in 1994. I'm not sure such trains still exist, as it was old rolling stock rather than the normal Inter City stock of the time
  • Options
    surely Charlton fans of all fans must have some connections in the train community to make it all work out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone who went Stockport away should get a ticket…..
    99/2000 season?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    Have a word with the new COO can’t you Rick? Someone down there must be able to give you an introduction.
    I’ve been doing the coach times for them for the last year… but no way am I organising this.
    I took a week off work for the 5th round and along with Wendy Perfect, camped out at The Valley taking just the coach bookings. 

It's a huge amount of work.
  • Options
    What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 
    It's a real test of the "always show United" mentality.

Newcastle vs Leicester looks the best game of the round, while Soton vs City would seem a better contest
  • Options
    I see that Utd's FA cup game against Everton is on the Friday, so they will be pushing for our game to be on the Tuesday, to give them more time before the Manchester derby on Saturday lunchtime.
    I wonder if we can negotiate a bigger share of the gate receipts if we agree to Tuesday.
  • Options
    I was 17bat the tike and slept outside the valley to get my tickets.  what a day it was 
  • Options
    Anyone got any spares for united away?
    You just know that everyone that’s been “boycotting” will be posting this on a recurring basis shortly! 
  • Options
    I remember getting offered £200 outside by a tout for a £25-30 face value ticket whatever it was. I mean how stupid could they be. This was Charlton pre-98. Playing Man U was a big deal before the Premier league years, as it is again now. 
  • Options
    No way is this a sell out. Tickets will be available in the home end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is so Un-Charlton. 

Holding on to a back against the wall 0-0 then winning on pens. 

Getting rewarded with a big draw. 

Wow I'm enjoying is this, is this what being a football fan is meant to be like? 

Nah can't be. 
    What’s next, a relatively normal owner?

Have faith, the takeover will start to unravel by the time we’ve played at Old Trafford and we’ll have a nutter and/or criminal running the club by then.
  • Options
    If Sandgaard wants to build bridges he/club could do much worse than laying on free coach travel for this.
    The club will make plenty of money from the tie. I don’t think it needs to make money from running coaches, but I wouldn’t run free travel either as it’s difficult to manage efficiently. You could charge £20 and cover costs. 

There is an opportunity here to do something to engage the fanbase and maximise support on the night. 
    Agree - my initial reaction to the tie was there is zero chance am I doing that.

But, if given the opportunity to 'lazily' get a heavily subsidised Valley Express from Pembury, just up the road from me, I'd probably do it. Sensible ticket prices needed too, obviously.

Something like this, absolutely served on a plate, could see a big turnout.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maybe, no idea if United have a membership scheme that you need to be a paying member of to buy home tickets. But we should be selling out our full allocation. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah coz' United always struggle to sell out cup quarter finals......................................................  :D 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Fair comment. I appreciate that.

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

• Options
    The club will make plenty of money from the tie. I don’t think it needs to make money from running coaches, but I wouldn’t run free travel either as it’s difficult to manage efficiently. You could charge £20 and cover costs. 

There is an opportunity here to do something to engage the fanbase and maximise support on the night. 
    But who would be in charge of making that decision and are they capable of pulling it off?
  • Options
    We took 700 to Morecambe when no trains back. We will easily sell 5k+
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I wonder what the guys in Mumbai and Bangkok are saying about this one over on UnitedLife?
     What have you heard @Bangkokaddick ? ... fxck @off_it man. Passion for a club need not be defined by postcode. Football is a global family of which i am proud to be a part of. I think it's wonderful that Man united has given the mentally deranged folk of Mumbai and Bangkok something to be a part of.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    J BLOCK said:

We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get on a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand.
    There’s plenty of old, young, and disabled who do need the club to arrange travel support
    Fair comment. I appreciate that.

My message was more in frustration about the negativity of Airman’s reaction to a fantastic cup draw. 

I get that the club are short staffed and less experienced than they were in the past but we’ve just landed an absolute peach of a cup tie and it doesn’t help when the first thing an influential guy like Rick says is ‘the club would have no idea what we want’.

I mean I am sure they are capable of booking a few coaches…how hard can that be!

Get behind the club and help us get out of the current predicament rather than constantly slagging the club off. This draw is great news and something to be excited about.

We've got two and a half weeks for this to go well. Based on all available evidence around the club's running of late - last night, for instance, with Brighton - then this could be a disaster.

Airman has this sort of thing ingrained into how he has interacted with Charlton all his life basically so I don't think it's fair to knock him for that. He's probably well excited about the draw, like we almost all are, but fair enough if he posts about what needs to be done