Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    If we were at home 100% we’d be on
    lets face it it’s as good a cert Man Utd will win , therefore a competitive match wins over a walkover .
    I think they had Man Utd v Leeds on  when Leeds were 3rd tier but that has history and Leeds were a decent side .
    Have Man Utd been on at home against a team as low as 18th in the third tier before , I’d say more often not on telly than on 
    Burnley is localish to Man Utd and they’re top of the second tier .
    we are still a dull team to the rest of the world who will more than likely be beaten easily .

no excuses now , fuck school off and let’s be having ya 

if they chose Man Utd v Cheltenham /Accrington I’d not be rushing to watch it …unless it’s 0-0 after the first half !!
  • Options
    Will be on a stream somewhere but yeah annoying isn't it? Especially as we are gonna win this again on pens 😉 happy Christmas lifers 🎄
  • Options
    United are selling tickets already and date of the Tuesday is on them. Why can CAFC not announce the date at least. 
    Because that is what we do!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    United are selling tickets already and date of the Tuesday is on them. Why can CAFC not announce the date at least. 
    Just been on Manure’s website and it says on their ticketing page in small print, date and time to be confirmed against our fixture 🤷‍♂️

10 JAN
    Tue20:00  MANCHESTER UNITED V CHARLTON ATHLETIC (CARABAO CUP)
    If I get off at Stoke can you pick me up? Also stay round yours to save on the hotel cost.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    se9addick said:
    Bizarrely Sky have chosen the best two games, instead of defaulting to Man U.
    “best” is pretty subjective. Hard to put myself in the shoes of a neutral but I think I’d rather see our match than matches between teams that will already play each other twice in the league this season. 
    A second string Man U team at home to a poor L1 side is hardly going to be an enticing spectacle for the neutral.

Would you watch Man U Vs Shrewsbury or Oxford? 
    Man U v Colchester also in the Carabao was shown live on Sky a few years ago. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    se9addick said:
    Bizarrely Sky have chosen the best two games, instead of defaulting to Man U.
    “best” is pretty subjective. Hard to put myself in the shoes of a neutral but I think I’d rather see our match than matches between teams that will already play each other twice in the league this season. 
    A second string Man U team at home to a poor L1 side is hardly going to be an enticing spectacle for the neutral.

Would you watch Man U Vs Shrewsbury or Oxford? 
    Man U v Colchester also in the Carabao was shown live on Sky a few years ago. 

Liverpool had a weakened team cos of World Club trophy waffle 

Colchester were 9th in league two , 61 places below Man Utd and took just under 5.3k there in a  crowd of 57.5k

Man Utd scored 51,56 & 61 mins 
  • Options
    Don’t know why Airman’s post got a lol, it’s sad but unfortunately true.
    I think people were laughing at the situation we find ourselves in re this issuebromleyjohn said:
    Definitely want to go to this and hope there is a coach from Bromley (with toilets on board)
    Is that why you’re called Bromleyjohn?
    Ffs, don't give up the day job.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    RedChaser said:
    Just been on Manure’s website and it says on their ticketing page in small print, date and time to be confirmed against our fixture 🤷‍♂️

10 JAN
    If I get off at Stoke can you pick me up? Also stay round yours to save on the hotel cost.
    I won’t be there I’ll be meeting up with number one son and staying over after the match. Anyway @bobmunro would have been your best bet (it’s the way I tell em) because he lives in a stately home with servants except he’s booked a hotel as well 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

10 JAN
    I won’t be there I’ll be meeting up with number one son and staying over after the match. Anyway @bobmunro would have been your best bet because he lives in a stately home with servants except he’s bought a hotel as well 😉.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hotel booked so just a match ticket to get.
    I just hope I get one.
    I remember arriving about 6am to get a decent place in the queue for Liverpool tickets and there was no-one there. I felt like such an idiot.
    I think I was there for a couple of hours before anyone else arrived.
    Happy days.
  • Options
    Ive also got hotel booked ........ liekwise ust need the tickets 
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Ive also got hotel booked ........ liekwise ust need the tickets 

I believe that pretty much everyone who wants tickets will get tickets.
  • Options
    lets face it it’s as good a cert Man Utd will win , therefore a competitive match wins over a walkover .
    I think they had Man Utd v Leeds on  when Leeds were 3rd tier but that has history and Leeds were a decent side .
    Have Man Utd been on at home against a team as low as 18th in the third tier before , I’d say more often not on telly than on 
    we are still a dull team to the rest of the world who will more than likely be beaten easily .

if they chose Man Utd v Cheltenham /Accrington I’d not be rushing to watch it …unless it’s 0-0 after the first half !!
    Brighton was a walkover too.
  • Options
    2 1/2 weeks before the match is played, but once you take out Christmas AND the horrendous post backlog, I'm not sure posting out the tickets can be relied on
  • Options

Brighton was a walkover too.
    We were at home for that game. Which wasn't on TV either
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    We don’t need another embarrassing ‘Operation Ewood / Riverside’.

Just get on a train or get in a car & get yourself up the M6.

if you get there early have a few beers in Dean Street..

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  
    10th is favourite. Spent quite a lot of time in Manchester in the late 80s, based at Granada TV, staying at the Britannia hotel, covering the region for ITV News. Not sure it’s still there, but the Britannia was the hotel of choice for some, mainly because of the bar, and the fact that bands and celebs used to stay there (for the same reason possibly). It was a bit rock 'n roll. There was also a wild disco in the basement, for the single members of the team. 
    But Deansgate is still the best street for bars I believe. Dry bar was just round the corner, and that’s where the trendies hung out. It was under the same ownership as the Haçienda.
    Manchester is a nice walkable size. 

Edit: Looks like the Britannia's come down in the world. Room available for £35 !? Not that it was every very flashy.
    Stayed at a few other hotels as well, but the only ones I remember were the Midland (pretty nice room from memory), and the Ramada, which may be called something else now.

Have made two bookings, one for the 10th, and one for the 11th. The key thing now if remembering to cancel the one I don't need :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

10 JAN
    I won’t be there I’ll be meeting up with number one son and staying over after the match. Anyway @bobmunro would have been your best bet (it’s the way I tell em) because he lives in a stately home with servants except he’s booked a hotel as well 😉.
    Just leave the keys under your mat.  That'll do.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

10 JAN
    Just leave the keys under your mat.  That'll do.
    Mat? You must think I’m loaded 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.

It really isn’t hard. We’re big boys now & the club shouldn’t have to hold our hand & ‘make sure we get there ok’. Their job is to focus on what happens on the pitch.
    Deansgate I think. 
    so is Deansgate the area to go? This has a group stopover boozy jamboree written all over it - 'cheap hotel near deansgate, manchester' about to go in the search engine. what date do we think it's|gonna be? 11th Jan ?  
    10th is favourite. Spent quite a lot of time in Manchester in the late 80s, based at Granada TV, staying at the Britannia hotel, covering the region for ITV News. Not sure it’s still there, but the Britannia was the hotel of choice for some, mainly because of the bar, and the fact that bands and celebs used to stay there (for the same reason possibly). It was a bit rock 'n roll. There was also a wild disco in the basement, for the single members of the team. 
    But Deansgate is still the best street for bars I believe. Dry bar was just round the corner, and that’s where the trendies hung out. It was under the same ownership as the Haçienda.

Edit: Looks like the Britannia's come down in the world. Room available for £35 !? Not that it was every very flashy.
    Stayed at a few other hotels as well, but the only ones I remember were the Midland (pretty nice room from memory), and the Ramada, which may be called something else now.

Have made two bookings, one for the 10th, and one for the 11th. The key thing now if remembering to cancel the one I don't need :-)
    I think the a new hotel is opening in 2023 (not early enough for us) at the former Granada TV  Studios. Called Mollies Motel. Sounds horrendous but owned by the soho hotel group. Have stayed in the one in Bristol. 

• Options
    Booked hotel for 2 nights and will reduce to 1 when date confirmed.  Last time I stayed up there was for that late ko against Rochdale a few seasons ago
  • Options
    So it seems like lots of hotels booked already - just need to sort out meeting places for lifers in and around Deansgate.

We are planning an all-dayer - early train, we'll drop the bags at the hotel , and then on it! Then crawl back on the Wednesday and 'work from home' (that one's for Chippy!).
  • Options
    Absolutely love to know how many flexible rate rooms we have booked up!
    Almost as many as Lifers booked at that Belgian hotel ...
  • Options
    Anyone booked Salford quays Ibis?
  • Options
    Just floated the idea to my wife of booking a hotel for myself in Manchester and was reminded that I refused to book one for us in London next year. 😬
  • Options
    The Brittania was very iffy when I stayed there a few years ago. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:

Deansgate I think. 

Yeah, I made that mistake for a hotel in Paris for the euros in 2016. Booked a ‘just in case’ room for 6 of us and forgot to cancel. Done me for over £500 😫🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Half our group want to do a coach rather than train - I know there was sone chat about this a few days back but does anybody know if coaches will be running and if there will be plenty or they will become oversubscribed very quick etc ???fancy the train and stopover myself - coach ent get back til what ? 5am ish ?