Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    iamdan said:
    Anyone booked Salford quays Ibis?
    Was looking at it
  • Options
    The Britannia is a dump these days.

have booked the Premier Inn Manchester Central, near Deansgate and close enough to wander from Manchester Piccadilly.

been to Manchester a lot over the past few years, plenty of places to drink and seems the tram is the easiest way from Deansgate to Old Trafford 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    Half our group want to do a coach rather than train - I know there was sone chat about this a few days back but does anybody know if coaches will be running and if there will be plenty or they will become oversubscribed very quick etc ???fancy the train and stopover myself - coach ent get back til what ? 5am ish ? 
    I personally think coaches will be in very short supply and fill very quickly. We are already investigating private hire of minibus/small coach.
  • Options
    Have booked into a hotel that I’d never heard of. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Half our group want to do a coach rather than train - I know there was sone chat about this a few days back but does anybody know if coaches will be running and if there will be plenty or they will become oversubscribed very quick etc ???fancy the train and stopover myself - coach ent get back til what ? 5am ish ? 
    I personally think coaches will be in very short supply and fill very quickly. We are already investigating private hire of minibus/small coach.
    Can you route it via Devon?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Can you route it via Devon?
    Contact Torbay Reds.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Yep
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Have booked into a hotel that I’d never heard of. 
    That rules out the one down at the end of Lonely Street if you’re a Charlton fan
  • Options
    No mention that we have an extra cup game at half time, proper vow of silence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No mention that we have an extra cup game at half time, proper vow of silence. 
    If as likely radio silence until 3rd January when back to work proper then 7 days to shift tickets let’s hope they’re emailed and not relying on the post 
  • Options
    Heard today that Man United have already sold 50,000 tickets even though the date of the tie is yet to be decided, seems remarkable.
    I think it was mentioned that we would get 8,500.
    Hurry up and confirm the date please.
    Think a lot of that is contingent on season ticket holders having to take their tickets regardless 
  • Options
    Was there any announcements at the game today regarding date, ticket sales, travel etc? Was it even mentioned?
  • Options
    Was there any announcements at the game today regarding date, ticket sales, travel etc? Was it even mentioned?
    Not a single mention, infact it was mentioned a number of times the three home league games and welcome to new half year season ticket holders - but not a single peep or mention of it or when to expect word 

I suspect given the timing that it wouldn’t be surprising to find the ticket sales outsourced to Man Utd’s website and they provide pdf’s
  • Options
    It was briefly mentioned on Charlton TV, no date, no numbers, no time when details will be released!

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Heard today that Man United have already sold 50,000 tickets even though the date of the tie is yet to be decided, seems remarkable.
    I think it was mentioned that we would get 8,500.
    Hurry up and confirm the date please.
    Think a lot of that is contingent on season ticket holders having to take their tickets regardless 
    They gave ST holders the chance to opt out of having to buy cup tickets, and then launched a cup season ticket to members......which sold out in days. 

"The Cup Season Ticket is a new product introduced for the 2022/23 campaign as part of measures to offer fans more choice, flexibility and affordable access to Old Trafford.

Under the revised policies, holders of full Season Tickets were given the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of Cup ties, including the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and UEFA Europa League, if they could not attend all games.

This led to more than 6,000 seats becoming available, and these were offered to Official Members as Cup Season Tickets, guaranteeing entry to Old Trafford for all home cup ties next season."
  • Options
    On BBC Man United page the game is listed as the 10th with kick off time not confirmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Initial is a key word - sounds as though there could be more if needed 
  • Options
    Initial is a key word - sounds as though there could be more if needed 
    Feels like anyone who wants and can go will get to go, now the question is will there be a valley away service as looks like train tickets are already limited
  • Options
    7k will be enough for everyone who wants to go to get one I think. Don't think we'll take more than that seeing as it's midweek. My guess is we sell about 5.5k 
  • Options
    I pre-booked a train there and back with insurance, so will then cancel it if I can get a spot on the coach, same as a hotel room 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I pre-booked a train there and back with insurance, so will then cancel it if I can get a spot on the coach, same as a hotel room 
    I'd stick with the train, I can only see chaos with the organisation and travel on the day with the coach.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Any way of getting back via train same day? I can’t seem to find anything on avanti going back after 11pm 
  • Options
    National express have a 23:50 coach which I will book if nothing from the club. I need to be back in London the next morning so I think my options are limited… 
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    iamdan said:
    Yep
    Now £89 for the Tuesday 10th