Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Fortunate enough to have a mate who lives about a 10 mins walk from Old Trafford i'll be staying over at his. Driving up there/back too.
  • Options
    Back in 94 me and my mates drove up from our flat in Euston and parked in a nearby random school that had parking for a fiver in their playground. Getting out of the car and my mum and dad parked in the space next to us having travelled up from Dartford. 

Am sure there will be loads of places for the drivers to park this time. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Where we all drinking then…..
    The Deansgate area (where that Premier Inn is) seems to have tons of pubs. And you can get a tram (red line) to Wharfside which takes 8 mins and is a 5 min walk to Old Trafford. 
    https://www.albertsschloss.co.uk/

This is a great bar from my visits the last few years 
    “Bier + Pleasure Palace” - sounds quality!! 
  • Options
    Hotel Rooms Booked-   - check 
    Car Park space booked  - check
    EV charger secured       - check
    Tickets secured             - TBC 
  • Options
    If it helps for those looking for cheap train tickets I have booked LNER from Kings Cross to Leeds and then onward journey through Northern Rail from Leeds to Manchester. 3 hours rather than 2 direct from London but £61 in total return.

Also booked Premier Inn in Deasgate for £33 per person (sharing a room) including breakfast but that was a few days ago so not sure what the rates are now.

• Options
    I noticed that Ronaldo isn’t cup tied and will be a free agent (until al-nassr move is confirmed) - should we put in a bid?
  • Options
    I noticed that Ronaldo isn’t cup tied and will be a free agent (until al-nassr move is confirmed) - should we put in a bid?
    Think his decline is such that he wouldn’t even get into our team! 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    If it helps for those looking for cheap train tickets I have booked LNER from Kings Cross to Leeds and then onward journey through Northern Rail from Leeds to Manchester. 3 hours rather than 2 direct from London but £61 in total return.

Also booked Premier Inn in Deasgate for £33 per person (sharing a room) including breakfast but that was a few days ago so not sure what the rates are now.

Christ your be lucky if that northern rail train turns up.  I have used it about 5 times in the last year and every time at least in one direction the train has been cancelled.
  • Options
    We usually drive to matches but unsure whether to do so this time. 

We haven't purchased Rail Cards since our season long venture into train travel a few seasons ago so wondering what's  the best way to see what's available at this stage. 

Any advice would be gratefully received. 

BTW we do have accommodation sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shall be sharing the driving with my son and driving back after the game. Just need to find out the best place to park mid afternoon time. Any Ideas? 
    Have a look on here mate. https://www.justpark.com
    That looks a good shout for parking. Long late drive home though, will have my son and his two mates but none driving yet.
  • Options
    2 together railcard is handy I’ve used it for this and for port vale and it has paid for itself 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Any game at the Valley these days and reasons for non attendance can be anything from  don't have the money, can't park, live too far away now,  team is crap, cost of living crisis, Christmas, have kids to look after....................

Game at Old Trafford, midweek 2 weeks after Christmas break .....................
    You have the opportunity to see us be shit at home, every other week. Might be another 2 decades before we get battered at Old Trafford again. 
    I have seen us there a few times, going to give this one a miss.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    We usually drive to matches but unsure whether to do so this time. 

We haven't purchased Rail Cards since our season long venture into train travel a few seasons ago so wondering what's  the best way to see what's available at this stage. 

Any advice would be gratefully received. 

BTW we do have accommodation sorted.
    2 of our group have senior travel cards @Fanny Fanackapan and I booked for all of us this afternoon.  Costs were £26 up (on the 10.53 from Euston) and £29.50 return on the Wednesday on the 10.15 from Manc Piccadilly. Just did it through Trainline, so have all the tickets on my phone wallet now. You can collect at station if you prefer.  
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Anyone got a spare place in their car for me please? I’m in Orpington but, of course, will drive to you locally. Happy to contribute towards fuel costs etc. I had looked at trains but return to/from home is coming in over £100 now and comes with the ‘rush’ factor after the game. 
  • Options
    Anyone have a clue when the tickets are actually being released…
  • Options
    Info out today as per the last update. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Thought they were being released today? Leaving it a little late if it’s not till tomorrow then it’s the weekend and bank holiday
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    If you are looking for a cheap overnight stay, There are still around 3 Travelodges in Manchester for as little as £25, about 6 Premier Inns and 4 Ibis in the £50-60 range still with rooms. Very reasonable if sharing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    shine166 said:
    Thought they were being released today? Leaving it a little late if it’s not till tomorrow then it’s the weekend and bank holiday
    Wasn't sure if that's a date, or if tickets were available today. Gonna have to shift through the tiers pretty quickly anyway at this stage 
  • Options
    Praying to the great Sam Bertram in the sky that the club don’t monumentally screw up the ticket sales/distribution for this.
  • Options
    If you are looking for a cheap overnight stay, There are still around 3 Travelodges in Manchester for as little as £25, about 6 Premier Inns and 4 Ibis in the £50-60 range still with rooms. Very reasonable if sharing 
    The easyhotel is £40 for a twin too and relatively central
  • Options
    Unlikely to have a window! 
  • Options
    Unlikely to have a window! 
    And if it’s anything like the airline the “Manchester” hotel is probably in Scotland!  
  • Options
    Definitely a big latent demand, as with lots of clubs I think, everyone takes loads to Wembley. No harm in it, and some will come back for more punishment at home games. Hopefully the data will be kept and used properly, I'd imagine there would be scope for 'you came to old Trafford, now come to Wycombe at home' or something. But this means having emails and mobiles and address data to do effectively. 
  • Options
    Train and hotel booked. Reserved Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Salford Quays, wanted one more room today not a chance all rooms taken. 12.30 out of Euston…first tin to be opened at 12.31…
    @WhenIwasLittleBoy  I reserved two rooms at the Salford Quays Travelodge for Ian and one for his daughter but she cant make it. It is a double room, if you want that let me know and I can see if I can change the name.  It is 28 quid for the night...  
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Anyone got a spare place in their car for me please? I’m in Orpington but, of course, will drive to you locally. Happy to contribute towards fuel costs etc. I had looked at trains but return to/from home is coming in over £100 now and comes with the ‘rush’ factor after the game. 
    ‘I don’t believe it!’ 😉
  • Options
    Is the club emailing people with the highest number of loyalty points individually or something 
  • Options
    Any spares?