Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Will definitely go General Sale.

Let the moaning and panicking commence….

I have a season ticket and Valley Gold but only 475 points which means i can't buy until Monday after 2pm which says 470 points OR Valley Gold.  

So it essentially means having Valley Gold is worthless if you have a season ticket in terms of priority?  i.e. i may as well just have the season ticket and not shell out for VG.

Anyone know how the points system works?

230 points for a season ticket - 10pts for an away league game and 5 points for a home or away cup game - all over a two year period.

I've got 470 points but I've just purchased a ticket for tomorrow's away game getting me to 480 - plus I'm Valley Gold. 
    Tomorrow game’s 10 points only get added after the game has been played. I had tickets a while back that got postponed and they only got added after the rescheduled game.
    Yes - but it should mean I can get the tickets on Friday rather than Monday.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I can see my loyalty points total, but it would be nice to see how it was calculated

That used to be there, but was removed when "Charlton Cash" appeared during the first Covid lockdown, and never reappeared
    https://www.charltonafc.com/loyalty-points-explained
    I know how you get points, but I can't see how MY points tally was calculated, as it used to list the games and season tickets which make up the total.

It's academic as I have over 600 anyway, but it would be nice to be able to confirm the total is correct
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Worth keeping in mind that you get points for any cup games at home too.

5 points for FA Cup, Papa Johns or Carabao cup home matches.

I’m on 675, and reckon 30-40 odd have come from those types of games alone. 

I think that people who do the most games should get priority....my point being is that for me as an season ticket every year looking at the priority order for this there is absolutely no point in paying for Valley Gold if you can only do the odd away or odd cup game along with season ticket.

Probably worth saving the VG dough and putting it towards away games where the club don't earn which seems a bit odd.
    At League One level I agree. At most 1-2 games would it ever come into consideration, and even then all it does is buy you an extra bit of time. I have it as one of those things I’ve always paid for more as a commitment to the scheme rather than getting anything in return. 
  • Options
    Yeah good point. Will need to up my aways next season.
  • Options
    The phases and two tickets per person rule doesn't allow for much wiggle room. Me and my two sons have had season tickets on and off over the years, got half season tickets for us for Xmas this season. I am a valley gold member but due to lower loyalty points I can get two tickets on Monday and then need to wait til weds to get the third we need. I wonder if going to the ticket office on Monday and dealing face to face will get me all three?
  • Options
    CAFCBell said:
    The phases and two tickets per person rule doesn't allow for much wiggle room. Me and my two sons have had season tickets on and off over the years, got half season tickets for us for Xmas this season. I am a valley gold member but due to lower loyalty points I can get two tickets on Monday and then need to wait til weds to get the third we need. I wonder if going to the ticket office on Monday and dealing face to face will get me all three?
    Perhaps not on Monday no it’ll be a bank holiday 
  • Options
    CAFCBell said:
    Have you not tried adding the three now and assigning the ownership of the third to the other season ticket holder
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    CAFCBell said:
    Perhaps not on Monday no it’ll be a bank holiday 

The club’s ticket office will be open until 6pm on Wednesday, December 28th as tickets go on sale.

Thursday, December 29th: 11am-5pm

Friday, December 30th: 11am-5pm

Saturday, December 31st: CLOSED 

Sunday, January 1st: CLOSED

Monday, January 2nd: 11am-5pm

Opening hours will revert to normal from Tuesday, January 3rd.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/man-united-tickets-go-priority-sale-2pm

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ridiculous that many fans have to wait to the 4th to see if they can get tickets for a game on the 10th with the club wasting several days incrementally issuing tickets to people with between 460 and 540 points. Absolute waste of time when people need time to plan for a midweek trip during a working week. Clowns running this club.

Pretty sure this is how all the major clubs would break phases up. Nature of the beast! 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Ridiculous that many fans have to wait to the 4th to see if they can get tickets for a game on the 10th with the club wasting several days incrementally issuing tickets to people with between 460 and 540 points. Absolute waste of time when people need time to plan for a midweek trip during a working week. Clowns running this club.

Pretty sure this is how all the major clubs would break phases up. Nature of the beast! 
    Burnley in last round to them simply said one per season ticket and any left on general sale at end of it 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If it helps for those looking for cheap train tickets I have booked LNER from Kings Cross to Leeds and then onward journey through Northern Rail from Leeds to Manchester. 3 hours rather than 2 direct from London but £61 in total return.

Also booked Premier Inn in Deasgate for £33 per person (sharing a room) including breakfast but that was a few days ago so not sure what the rates are now.

Christ your be lucky if that northern rail train turns up.  I have used it about 5 times in the last year and every time at least in one direction the train has been cancelled.
    Hopefully your trip on the 10th will not suffer the same problems.
  • Options
    I see that some people such as @meldrew66 and @Fanny Fanackapan are asking for a car-share.

There were also posts about the lack of organisation of coaches.

I really don't understand why you don't just all log in to https://www.blablacar.co.uk/ and organise it from there. You only pay a small commission to the website but it would save all the hassle of organisation and payment. The money is paid online and goes straight to the driver.

Some people could even hire minibuses (or even a coach!) and then tell everyone on here with a link to BlaBlaCar to make the bookings. Obviously that would cost more than simple car sharing but with the cost of the hiring divided between the passengers it would still be cost effective. There would be no risk because the hirer can ensure passenger numbers on CL before putting it on BlaBlaCar.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shall be sharing the driving with my son and driving back after the game. Just need to find out the best place to park mid afternoon time. Any Ideas? 
    Have a look on here mate. https://www.justpark.com
    Parking space booked 5 minutes away from Salford Quays. £3.60 for 8 hours. Cheers 
  • Options
    If I get tickets when they go on general sale I will have two spare car seats. I intend to travel on the 10th and return 11th morning 
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    If I get tickets when they go on general sale I will have two spare car seats. I intend to travel on the 10th and return 11th morning 
    Not for me, but that offer is not much use without saying where you are starting from.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    holyjo said:
    Not for me, but that offer is not much use without saying where you are starting from.
    Good point well made
    Leaving from Dartford / picking son up in Welling
  • Options
    We really have a strange fan base of people who,s desire to agitate and nit pick is unbelievable.  However, humble pie well and truly eaten, I am astounded. Maybe I just don’t realise how old I am, and how many of our fanbase have not visited old Trafford. Although the heavy defeat and limping out is as yet unproven.  I genuinely hope I’m 100% wrong there as well. 

As a few have already said, is a good indicator for any prospective buyer, that the fanbase is there. What it needs is to be attracted, by big games in a higher league, or a winning team in the shit one we are in. 
  • Options
    I've always thought that Nedum Onuoha to be an eloquent, knowledgeable and engaging analyst. He's doing that job for Sky tonight for the Southampton/City QF and I'm just surprised that he isn't used more by them. 

• Options
    Southampton take the lead. And deserve to. 
  • Options
    Deserved lead indeed. Good finish too