Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Is the club emailing people with the highest number of loyalty points individually or something 
    No idea. Just wish they'd get on with it.  :s
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Is the club emailing people with the highest number of loyalty points individually or something 
    If they are that is ridiculous. There isn’t enough time to do that. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if you have to go through Ticketmaster or something similar, sure that was done for the playoffs a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Someone at the club is working, as they've just posted that the Oxford game can be streamed worldwide.
    At least they have got their priorities right. Got to get those £10 fees rolling in.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Third hand waffle, so could be wrong , misinterpreted 
    “going on general sale tomorrow “

(I don’t care I’ve got my 454 tickets for me and a few of my mates)

edit; think may be going through United/whoever they use  cos “they want name , address and date of birth for every two tickets” 🤷‍♂️

don’t shoot the messenger 🥴
  • Options
    Someone at the club is working, as they've just posted that the Oxford game can be streamed worldwide.
    At least they have got their priorities right. Got to get those £10 fees rolling in.

Sounds about right, much better to concentrate on £500 worth of subs... than it is flogging 7000+ tickets.
  • Options
    It’s funny, and I get it’s between Christmas and new year, but, given the sparse resources at the club that they’d move their asses a bit given the prospect of a 45% cut of the gate receipts.

there was nothing stopping them with their holding message yesterday confirming details or even at the Peterborough game where it was radio silence.

perhaps it’s just me but facing a roughly what 700k pay day for the club should garner some urgency 
  • Options
    Reckon they may outsource to ticketmaster or similar as won't be able to handle the demand. 
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Yes. As I have over 600 points I was entitled to buy 5000 tickets, which I've bought for all my Millwall, Palace and West Ham mates
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Yes. As I have over 600 points I was entitled to buy 5000 tickets, which I've bought for all my Millwall, Palace and West Ham mates
    Good to know not going to waste then we’ll done 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Third hand waffle, so could be wrong , misinterpreted 
    “going on general sale tomorrow “

(I don’t care I’ve got my 454 tickets for me and a few of my mates)

edit; think may be going through United/whoever they use  cos “they want name , address and date of birth for every two tickets” 🤷‍♂️

don’t shoot the messenger 🥴
    The club said they were doing a tiering system based on  loyalty points.

I reckon it will be 600+ points + VG this afternoon, then open to 550+ points tomorrow morning. Probably isn’t too much time for multiple additional rounds before general sale. 
  • Options
    Hurry up ffs
  • Options
    Cheapest train tickets I have found are Tonbridge to London, London to Sheffield,  Sheffield to Manchester . £250 return for 4 adults... just need tickets !!!
  • Options
    We usually drive to matches but unsure whether to do so this time. 

We haven't purchased Rail Cards since our season long venture into train travel a few seasons ago so wondering what's  the best way to see what's available at this stage. 

Any advice would be gratefully received. 

BTW we do have accommodation sorted.
    When I last bought a railcard (last year) it was very easy to buy online. You do need to download an app and have a digital picture (which you can do yourself). The railcard then sits in the app on your phone. Process was very quick.

Tickets can be bought via Avanti West Coast or Trainline. I usually go direct to train company and you can collect at station (ticket office or machine) 
  • Options
    Likely to be a “scheduled” post ie nobody is actually working, just some poor bloke made the post just before Xmas.

That or let us all know what you think a social media manager should be doing to manage ticket sales…
  • Options
    Cheapest train tickets I have found are Tonbridge to London, London to Sheffield,  Sheffield to Manchester . £250 return for 4 adults... just need tickets !!!
    £62 return from Tonbridge to Manchester is pretty good to be fair. 

Don’t worry on match tickets, everyone who wants one will get one. 
  • Options
    Hope so !!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    £28 a ticket, 7,403 allocated. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Tickets will be posted until Thursday, January 5th. Anyone purchasing after this date can arrange a collection either from The Valley or Old Trafford."

I can see a lot of tickets getting stuck in the post! 
    Also I don't think unions have announced strike dates for January yet
  • Options
    I can’t see it going to general sale and that we would get any extra looking at how they’ve staggered it out 
  • Options
    No chance in a million years it sells out before general sale. Chill out people. 
  • Options
    Will definitely go General Sale.

Let the moaning and panicking commence….
    And I’m pretty sure we will be able to get more tickets anyway. 
  • Options
    £26.90 return from Euston if you get West Mids Rail to Crewe and into Manchester from there. Takes about an hour and 15 mins longer than Avanti direct.
  • Options
    Safest to collect at the Lincoln game I would guess, if you are going or can go.
  • Options
    What it doesn't say is whether you can just buy 1 ticket on your tier, 2 or even more.