Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jojo Wollacott - out with a broken finger (p12)

Comments

• Options
    “Swindon fans on Twitter said you’re inconsistent, don’t command your box and weren’t that good anyway - is that anything you’d like to say to them?”
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Olly really probing him with those "how much are you looking forward to..." questions. 
    Not sure he’s there to do a Jeremy Paxman on him. Can you imagine: “So Jojo, you let in quite a few goals last season. Should we be worried?” 
    Make for a really interesting interview wouldn't it though.. ;)
    A change of script from Olly would be good sometimes, those "how much" questions do seem very repetitive.. 
    Tell me about it, why Olly is not grilling these guys about the Riemann hypothesis is beyond me.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Olly really probing him with those "how much are you looking forward to..." questions. 
    Not sure he’s there to do a Jeremy Paxman on him. Can you imagine: “So Jojo, you let in quite a few goals last season. Should we be worried?” 
    Haha I'm not having a go, I just thought the questions led to a bit of a dull interview. To be fair, I think its hard to get good interviews out of most footballers.

But surely he can do better than "You know Egbo and Davidson, how much will that help coming here?" I mean, what could you possibly expect from an answer to that except "yeah its great to know some lads"

Same with the Dobson interview, "how much will going to Spain help the team bonding?"
  • Options
    Soapbox Sam:
    "George, can you see yourself being a teacher's pet again and going on holiday with Ben Garner like you did with JJ and your wags."

George Dobson: Obviously, you can fuck right off Sam.

Soapbox Sam:
    "JoJo, the Charlton crowd are very fickle and will go from cheering a save to slagging you off if you mess up with your feet which leads to a goal. If you get chipped from 30 yards as you are a sweeper keeper the booing will be worse than Boris Johnson received, Will you use ear plugs ?

JoJo Woolacott:
    WTF.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Make for a really interesting interview wouldn't it though.. ;)
    A change of script from Olly would be good sometimes, those "how much" questions do seem very repetitive.. 
    Tell me about it, why Olly is not grilling these guys about the Riemann hypothesis is beyond me.

...WIBBLE.....🤪

• Options
    It is a trait of all interviewers to use the 'how' or 'how much' question too often.

Do you ask 'how scary was the dog?', or 'what was the dog like?'.

The simple answer to the 'how' question is to give a number.

'So Craig, how good did it make you feel to save that penalty?'
    A 'two'.

'Tell me about your transfer', is a better question than 'How good does it feel to get that transfer over the line?'.
    Maybe one day somebody will answer a question like that with 'it feels shyte, but I was desperate'.
  • Options
    Looks more assured then MacG for me, commands his box well and comes for crosses 
  • Options
    I’m 100% sure our style will lead us to concede some silly goals but I get the impression Jojo won’t sit and dwell on it whereas Big Mac often became introverted when this happened and flapped for a while thereafter.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    They should have shown one after the other, whilst keeping the same format.

JoJo looked VERY good on Saturday. Get behind him North stand.
    They can only do that for first half of the game, as for the the second half they'll be facing him, albeit from a distance.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I’m 100% sure our style will lead us to concede some silly goals but I get the impression Jojo won’t sit and dwell on it whereas Big Mac often became introverted when this happened and flapped for a while thereafter.

Jojo has got a great motivational factor ...... he wants to play in the World Cup finals in Qatar.

• Options
    mendonca said:
    They should have shown one after the other, whilst keeping the same format.

JoJo looked VERY good on Saturday. Get behind him North stand.
    They can only do that for first half of the game, as for the the second half they'll be facing him, albeit from a distance.
    Ah yes, I forgot we switch sides at half time ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Credit to the club for upgrading on McG, who was disappointing last year. 

Have we seen much of Jojo's passing ability yet?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Credit to the club for upgrading on McG, who was disappointing last year. 

Have we seen much of Jojo's passing ability yet?
    We’ve seen enough to know he’s better than McG. But that’s not too hard. Really thought we missed Amos’s distribution last year
  • Options
    Amos was good but our fans knew best and that we needed an improvement! Classic message of being careful for what you wish for.
  • Options
    Yeah he really showed last year how poor he was in that terribly performing Wigan side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    That's a remarkable save really, the reaction time was next to zero. 
    Yeah, seeing it slow motion actually does it a bit of a disservice if anything.

Might very well be that he'll drop a clanger sooner or later this season but does seem an upgrade on McG.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Might very well be that he'll drop a clanger sooner or later this season but does seem an upgrade on McG.
    All keepers drop at least one clanger a season, it’s unfortunate that stands out more, than say a striker missing a sitter, or a midfielder giving the ball away that leads to a goal. Got a good feeling about this keeper.

• Options
    He looks like he really likes goalkeeping! Sounds funny but feeds into his passion and desire.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

All keepers drop at least one clanger a season, it’s unfortunate that stands out more, than say a striker missing a sitter, or a midfielder giving the ball away that leads to a goal. Got a good feeling about this keeper.

Hopefully he had his in the Kilmarnock friendly. It seemed to be why some fans wrote him off and wanted CM in goal.
  • Options
    My main problem with CM wasn’t that he didn’t make good saves: He did. The problem was he didn’t dominate his goal area and he had a habit of pushing balls back into the danger area in front of his  goal area.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Woolacott doesn't flap as much, he's authoritive and commands he's box well. He is a bit of a sweeper keeper, at some point ofc he is make a mistake all goal keepers do. I personally like he's keeping style, He is brave and an excellent shot stopper and very quick off his line and to react. It relieves pressure off the defence.

I feel way more confident with him in goal this season.

He also wants to get that Ghana number 1 shirt for the WC, he's going to try to play out of he's skin for the rest of the summer and autumn imo.

He will want to also prove he can make the step up to league one and beyond.