Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jojo Wollacott - out with a broken finger (p12)

Comments

• Options
    POTY.  Isn't even September yet! 
  • Options
    Great keeper - will win us some tough points between now and May.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    POTY.  Isn't even September yet! 
    Nah thats going to Albie Morgan, his redemption story has already begun
    https://youtu.be/Md8EesTaIsA

Can just hear it from the cupboard end!!! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    He fills me with confidence in a way McG never did. My heart isn't in my mouth every time the ball comes into our box!
  • Options
    Found it interesting that he wasn’t rested even for a cup game, Ben Garner seems to have an awful lot of faith in him which is great 👍 😊 
  • Options
    I know it’s not great losing him for a month during the season but it will be great watching a current player at the World Cup.

Last one was Reza I think and he wasn’t exactly popular here.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Found it interesting that he wasn’t rested even for a cup game, Ben Garner seems to have an awful lot of faith in him which is great 👍 😊 
    I think that because he's still relatively new to the club Garner wants him to properly establish himself as first choice and build up a proper relationship with the defence.

Later in the season McG (if still around) or Harness might get a chance in a few cup games.
  • Options
    Great keeper. Has a presence that calms the defenders in front of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes I agree he has impressed and I feel more confident with him between the sticks than I did with CM or Amos before.
  • Options
    I like the fact that if he doesn't think he can hold a shot, he gets a good strong wrist on it, and diverts the ball as far away from a danger area as possible. Too many times last season the ball was spilled to the 6 yard box for a simple finish.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited August 2022
    Agreed. He appears very athletic. 
  • Options
    I like the fact that if he doesn't think he can hold a shot, he gets a good strong wrist on it, and diverts the ball as far away from a danger area as possible.

Too many times last season the ball was spilled to the 6 yard box for a simple finish.
    As we saw last night with the Argyle keeper punching Stockley's header into the path of Rasaki (thanks, Curbs! :smile:) for our 1st goal. 

• Options
    Wasnt impressed during pre-season... But been outstanding in the League
  • Options
    Not put a foot wrong in the league so far. 
  • Options
    Another assured display last night - keeps the play flowing with his distribution.
  • Options
    Not just Wollacott related, but to the concept that we shouldn't have been picking up quality league two players, it's interesting to see that the relegated league one clubs are doing poorly in league two, and the promoted L2 clubs are doing reasonably well. Seems like the gap between the leagues isn't that much.

I honestly believe the difference in ability between players at this level isn't particularly large on average and that quality coaching and tactics can therefore have a much bigger impact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022

Ghana face Brazil on 23/9 and Nicaragua on 27/9.

The game vs Brazil will take place in Le Havre, France. The game vs Nicaragua will take place in Murcia, Spain.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Not just Wollacott related, but to the concept that we shouldn't have been picking up quality league two players, it's interesting to see that the relegated league one clubs are doing poorly in league two, and the promoted L2 clubs are doing reasonably well. Seems like the gap between the leagues isn't that much.

I honestly believe the difference in ability between players at this level isn't particularly large on average and that quality coaching and tactics can therefore have a much bigger impact.
    True but also the right balance of players, depth in your squad and of course goalscorers.

Replace BWP/Yann and Grant/Taylor in our recent promotion sides with poor strikers and those sides don’t get promoted.
  • Options
    Didnt realise that Tariq Lamptey had opted to represent Ghana

Not that I really blame him given the ridiculous amount of options we have at RB for England
  • Options
    As much as I love his quick distribution his handling does concern me.

he opts to punch rather than claim it sometimes and, provided he gets good contact it’s no big deal, but I’ve noticed a fair few shots that he’s spilled too.  And the less said about the forest green goal the better
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

he opts to punch rather than claim it sometimes and, provided he gets good contact it’s no big deal, but I’ve noticed a fair few shots that he’s spilled too.  And the less said about the forest green goal the better
    Let's see how McGillavrey gets on at Barnsley.
    Jojo has made 1 error that cost a goal in 9 games. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Two isn't it? Bolton and Forest Green Rovers.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:

All keepers make mistakes. Those that make fewest get to a higher level.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:

All keepers make mistakes. Those that make fewest get to a higher level.
    Not sure it's as simple as that. Of course all keepers make mistakes, all strikers miss chances, etc. But it's the frequency of their mistakes on balance with their other qualities that make talking about the game interesting, and that line is a bit of a conversation killer!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:

No idea what goal he was supposed to have given away at Bolton.