Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    cafcwill said:
    Why Hotdogs of all things?

At least we are not a Scottish club! It would have been scotch eggs, they'd be like blooming canon balls
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:
    It's all getting very Rolandy.

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    We've protested over on par situations in the past.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself  
    I don't think protests will be necessary, Sandgaard doesn't have the money that RD has and is getting desperate to offload. I suppose he might worry if he was showing prospective buyers around and it was all kicking off, one flaw in that plan though, nobody will give him a bean for the club so there won't be anyone to show around.
    Is he desperate to offload? That’s an assumption. If he wanted out I don’t know why he wouldn’t just say so to avoid any grief. Even if he is looking for a way out I think he would need pressure put on him to drop his probably deluded asking price so protests would still be necessary
    Did protests make Roland drop his price then ?
    I’m confident if protests were directed towards TS he would sell up. 
    Someone has to buy at the price he sets!
  • Options

I didn’t know Gunnersaurous had been transferred to the Yankees 🤭

• Options
    Of all the things that need to be managed something like this is a non priority ( but it gives us an insight into the petty mindedness and unprofessional way they manage) For Raelynn read KM ..

I worked for ages in an environment where employees had these type of " handcuffs " but never put them in contracts myself..there are much better ways of managing people. 

Of all the things wrong with TS management this shd be about 2,000 on a to do list ..what's worse though is that the petty vengeances are so opaque 
  • Options
    So is this clause being added just as a housekeeping type thing or under some other explanation?

Whilst easy to comment when not personally impacted I hope it can taken as a non issue on a practical level for most. 

If you were concerned about not being able to join another company who are a sponsor / supplier wouldn’t you just resign and join them anyway if that offer existed today?

Presumably they can’t introduce the clause against your will without some sort of severance if it’s a red line for anyone. But maybe they can?

To play devils advocate is the explanation actually it’s genuinely only a housekeeping tidy up on contracts that didn’t exist before and simplifies / harmonises for all?  Only some  more senior staff would practically see this  clause try to be invoked i.e. those with a longer notice period and then it’s a negotiation point between you and your prospective new employer isn’t it?

but as I understand the club don’t pay very well it’s hard to see anyone not jumping ship if they had a genuine opportunity with a sponsor for example. 
    Or you could just look on it as more bullying, which is how I see it. There is good reason based on recent history to think staff who don’t sign it may be victimised, and it’s likely to intimidate them while having no practical effect in law.
    I meant more how was it being 'sold' or 'explained' to the staff. 
  • Options
    Talk about getting locked into the trivia.

They we’re firing Hot Dogs into the MLB stands in Philadelphia, USA over a decade ago. I have no idea whether they still do it. Is it something I would recommend for the UK? No, but it is hardly the crime of the century. A simple Google search will reveal all.

In terms of non compete clauses might I suggest people actually read the text.

It is not a generic non compete clause.

It is specific to the corporate relationships entered into by the club where commercial data is deemed sensitive. Non compete clauses in such scenarios are as common as any other corporate confidentiality clauses.

Beyond initial discussions initial framework documents often reference NDAs and NCCs.

The terms and conditions are invariably binding on both organisations.

The restrictions are time limited and specific to an employee leaving his employment to join a company which has entered into a commercial contract with his (then/ former) employer.

Such clauses represent the infrastructure under which business organisations enter into good faith negotiations or commercial contracts. Many sponsorship or associate agreements involve shared commercial data, joint marketing initiatives or areas of common interest.

Stealing the other company’s staff is most palpably not good faith and often counterproductive to working relationship between the two companies.

Staff involved are not there representing themselves - they are being paid to represent the best interests of their employers. That’s the job.

Where does being employed to represent the best interests of their employer include the act of carving out a new employment opportunity for yourself in the process?

Does it happen? Of course but let’s not pretend it is either good, normal or even acceptable business practice. It has a potential conflict of interest written all over it.

Why would you take this step? Because any new entrant to the industry will be appalled at the sieve like nature of most professionals in it. It falls under the category « but this is football » where normal business disciplines don’t apply. It normally follows the line « I shouldn’t be telling you this but…… »

The idea of confidentiality judged by the nature of the content of this message board and other social media sites is completely foreign to the culture. The entire industry is one of invariably self interested one sided arguments, rumour, half truths, 2nd hand gossip and downright lies. Why anyone would even contemplate a professional career in it is beyond me.

In the normal course of business “non competes” are rarely generically imposed on existing staff because the employer would be unilaterally changing the terms of your employment contract specifically outside of the specific place of work. No tribunal would see that as ethical.

However if such restriction is specifically included in a signed contract of employment you are on notice that under contract law you can be pursued for damages. That said, as with any claim for damages, the club would have to evidence and prove the cost of damages incurred. That is always easier said than done almost to the point of zero benefit.

Anecdotally I spent years working on new business preferred supplier relationships and joint ventures. After 18months working on one joint venture in the US market my UK bank due to a potential takeover ultimately pulled out of the deal. In doing so they made a point of referencing the non compete to the US Company.

They were restricted under the terms of the Head of Agreement (which I had drawn up) from recruiting me or my staff.

Any corporate breach of such restriction can most certainly be pursued through the legal channels.

I waited 6 months for the formal offer. It was a matter of personal and corporate standards. 

At which point I was free to take my expertise to my new employer and comparable joint venture propositions to multiple banks in different markets to ultimately directly compete with my former employees.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Threatening, rather than spiteful
    But still - what have we become?!
  • Options
    My stepson has a meeting set with CAFC and they had to provide TS' mobile number as part of the corporate details.

He says he'll let me have it if it all starts to go a bit (more) shit! 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Very tongue in cheek!
  • Options
    Who’s tongue and what cheek?
  • Options
    Is there any chance you could come in at an early onset on all threads @grapevine49 to prevent pages of waffle about absolutely nothing based on posters knowledge of absolutely nothing, it would sure save a lot of time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy in hindsight we were better off with RD in full control.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Is there any chance you could come in at an early onset on all threads @grapevine49 to prevent pages of waffle about absolutely nothing based on posters knowledge of absolutely nothing, it would sure save a lot of time?
    You assume that because his posts are long, verbose and structured that they are definitive. They aren’t. His posts contain as much bollocks as any on here.  He isn’t a sage,  he’s another poster with a view.
    Er…I think it's you assuming, I assume.

I assume nothing.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    Why Hotdogs of all things?

Do we know why the hotdogs were chosen? 

• Options
    Call me a cynic...
    Announcing this close to Friday's fixture that Valley Gold is to be the match sponsor, suggests, does it not, that there'd been no other takers for the match sponsorship package?
    At least, not at whatever elevated price this is usually peddled.

The whole BTTV fits quite nicely given that was VG's initial purpose but VG's funds nowadays are dedicated elsewhere, aren't they?

TS's assurance that commercial revenues could easily, swiftly and significantly be increased (doubled?), turning out to be as much half arsed hubris as everything else.
    No coincidence of course that staff treatment/morale is in the toilet

Or do I judge him harshly and this is altruism?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Call me a cynic...
    Announcing this close to Friday's fixture that Valley Gold is to be the match sponsor, suggests, does it not, that there'd been no other takers for the match sponsorship package?
    At least, not at whatever elevated price this is usually peddled.

The whole BTTV fits quite nicely given that was VG's initial purpose but VG's funds nowadays are dedicated elsewhere, aren't they?

TS's assurance that commercial revenues could easily, swiftly and significantly be increased (doubled?), turning out to be as much half arsed hubris as everything else.
    No coincidence of course that staff treatment/morale is in the toilet

Or do I judge him harshly and this is altruism?
    Well if that is the case isn't it time he stopped talking about it & showed us how easy it actually is ?  :D  The bloke is full of shit.
  • Options
    I might be reading too much into the last post in the thread of Olly's Twitter.

Reading between the lines he's not welcome at the Valley?