Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LMAO What ex player is worth enough to buy and run this club?
    Will be part of consortium. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    LMAO? I don't think I've quite got that one @Dazzler21. I don't suppose it would happen to be the League Managers.. .ARSE!! Organisation by any chance, only I get a bit  ....ARSE!!! with people using these abbreviations all the ....ARSE!!

I only hope we have some fans of the Fast Show Country Matters, hosted by your very own Bob Fleming, reading this, or else I'm going to look a right.. ARSE!!!

I've got nothing to add to those tweets, except... ARSE!!!

😎
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Doesn’t sound that unbelievable to me, could represent a consortium. Paul Elliott (the former player, not the ESI one) has been linked in the past.

• Options
    Crumbs there’s a lot going on in those tweets…
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

Can’t see him calling up this random Charlton fan for a chat though
  • Options
    Why would an ex sponsor pay the wages?
  • Options
    Didn’t say an ex Charlton player…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t say an ex Charlton player…
    Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins
  • Options
    Heart over head 
  • Options
    John Barnes and Jimmy Floyd H
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Heart over head 
     Not having it. As painful as it is I think I'd want to shine a light on the continuing short fallings of those that have the cheek to call themselves the custodians of this club.
  • Options
    We would have heard through the grapevine if it were true. 

Info like that doesn't go hidden for months only to leak from some nobody on twitter. 

Think it's all nonsense and they've put 2 and 2 together to make 100. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Will be part of consortium. 
    Paul Elliott and his cohort of cohorty cohortians? 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Lots of specific things in those tweets rather than just generic moans, so things are either true or false. And there’s probably enough doubt I suspect that most people would probably weigh on them most likely being true unless specifically rebuffed.

The paying wages thing is particularly interesting. Not aware of Sandgaard having a tight relationship with any long-term Charlton people so there’s going to be a number of unknown angles with this. Why couldn’t he pay the wages? Why would an ex-sponsor pay it? Crucially, what are the strings attached to that? There must be some strings as Sandgaard hasn’t got the relationship for it to be done as trusted goodwill. 
    Have we ever seen any criticism rebuffed yet though? It seems to get ignored. He/they have a right to reply, but don't seem to bother. I don't know why, but I know what some conclude from that. It involves smoke and fire.

I would imagine Lewis Catt could pose some awkward questions for us though. Isn't that part of his remit if we ask him to?
  • Options
    If you want to buy a football club, you have to love football and you must be a competitive individual. 

The money side of it could and should always be the least important "problem".

If money is always a worry and a concern for the owner, then the owner needs to sell up as soon as possible.  
    You have to be in love with the football club and you have to have a genuine emotional attachment.  

We all know the game isn't perhaps quite the same as it was 20 + years ago, but for many, it is still more of a 'religion' than a business. 

If it just gets treated like a business, then, unfortunately,  it will gradually make its way to the grave. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read a linkedin message on Twitter, Sandgaard confirms he borrowed £350k from a fan to invest in the academy. 
  • Options
    I didn't send that message BTW
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jimmy Floyd H of course.  He's big in sports clothing allegedly.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    RD was just being patient in screwing us over and eventually found an unknowing patsy to deliver on his cunning plan.