Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• There is a big part of me that believes the only way we will rid ourselves of Duchatelet and the problems he has created and continues to create is to leave the Valley. Yes I know heresy, where would we go ? Duchatelet is the base of our ill's and while he has his finger on the club's pulse we will die a slow death. 
  • Didn’t say an ex Charlton player…
    Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins
    What about Julian Gray?

• I've been told that TS refused point blank to employ the number of academy staff specified in the regulations, so no matter what he did with buildings he was never going to succeed. This information came from a football source outside the club. I've no reason to think it isn't true, but I can't confirm it.
    The man is an idiot. 
    I'm not sure I believe that one... why would you sink money into something and then knowingly break a rule that you know is going to make your investment a waste of time
    If you think you know better you might. And, er, he thinks he knows better all the time.
  • T_C_E said:
    The moment I saw that part of his plan was to relocate us and sell the land he doesn’t own, I knew I was reading someone’s fantasy. 

I’m also mystified about the notion that we’re paying Castore for kit. I’ve always imagined they gave the club kit so they can sell replicas to us. 
    Talking of which, has the cafc badge been removed and replaced by a castore one on the club shop?
    Preparing to fill the Club Shop with new merchandise. All their other football club shirts.
  • edited October 2022
    Did anyone ask Jay Wyatt how TS is going to relocate us and sell the land when he doesn't own the land?
    Also, would it be correct that Charlton can owe Castore for kits?

If Castore manufacture and sell the kits in their franchised shop, why would Charlton pay for any kits?
    Maybe they do, I'm just asking the question.

(I see Sommerville Addick just said similar before me).
    I ordered a kit for my nephew yesterday from the online shop, called the shop immediately after to try and intercept the dispatch and get his name and number printed on ghe back but the bloke I was speaking to said it gets sent direct from the Castore. 

Not sure if that has any baring on whether the Club might owe Castore any money but, imo, it says quite a bit about the situation with the shop if its only stocking kit items and only enough for "walk in" purchasers
  • The moment I saw that part of his plan was to relocate us and sell the land he doesn’t own, I knew I was reading someone’s fantasy. 

I’m also mystified about the notion that we’re paying Castore for kit. I’ve always imagined they gave the club kit so they can sell replicas to us. 
    Spot on. That was the point in his tweet thread where he lost credibility with me too.

If the rest of it is true, why throw in something alongside it that is clearly false?
  • In a time of trouble, the troublemaker thrives 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    In a time of trouble, the troublemaker thrives 
    If people enjoy a crisis, there will always be a crisis.
  • Whilst I think he has got the money, he isnt interested in spending it.

There seems to be no plan coupled with knee jerk decisions making things spiral out of control dangerously fast!

And lending money off a fan is bonkers....placing himself in the firing line before his reign as owner begun. 
  • Dont have a concerns on a loan in the linkedin message. Moving large sums of cash around when its tied up in other assets is an absolute ballache that to get to quickly and can costs a little bit.  If the loan is at better terms than say dumping a load of stock now with the commission and fees thrown in, i imagine its easier to get hold of than approaching other financial institutions.   

The fact all the other nonsense going on is the worry.  
  • edited October 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Did anyone ask Jay Wyatt how TS is going to relocate us and sell the land when he doesn't own the land?

If Castore manufacture and sell the kits in their franchised shop, why would Charlton pay for any kits?

I ordered a kit for my nephew yesterday from the online shop, called the shop immediately after to try and intercept the dispatch and get his name and number printed on ghe back but the bloke I was speaking to said it gets sent direct from the Castore. 

Not sure if that has any baring on whether the Club might owe Castore any money but, imo, it says quite a bit about the situation with the shop if its only stocking kit items and only enough for "walk in" purchasers
    My sister ordered me one with Dobson & 4 on the back. It is the wrong size. I rang club and was told that I needed to liaise with Castore. I contacted them over multiple emails only to be told that as it's been printed on the back they can't accept a refund or exchange. Shame as I am unlikely to wear it as too big. 
  • And now whispers about more redundancies.....
    I think that one of his biggest issues is that he doesn't really have any assets other than player registrations (sadly, not much value there).  But he has huge overheads.  The stadium is, obviously, Championship/lower prem level and that is expensive to run, in terms of people and the rising energy costs.  He is chipping away at the costs he thinks he can control (people) but savings on headcount costs will be miniscule.  As others have said, can only think he's trying to make it more attractive to a potential buyer.
  • Bailey said:
    There is a big part of me that believes the only way we will rid ourselves of Duchatelet and the problems he has created and continues to create is to leave the Valley. Yes I know heresy, where would we go ? Duchatelet is the base of our ill's and while he has his finger on the club's pulse we will die a slow death. 
    I don't see why only charlatans should want to buy the Club for next to nothing and lease the assets from RD. I keep reading how TS has fallen on hard times and is having to cut his cloth accordingly, hence our current malaise. However, there's nothing I can see stopping someone better equipped coming in and funding losses in L1 whilst pushing to get us out of it, which is what serious promotion contenders do isn't it?

The low turnover might cause a problem restricting the player wage budget under FFP, but the owner would have the option to donate money to the Club to fund operations rather than loaning it, thus bolstering turnover to lift the restriction. That's probably expecting a bit too much and is unrealistic, but you never know and whoever it is might make a better go of it than it appears the current incumbent is.

RD's sitting pretty just getting paid rent, hoping the assets appreciate in value to ultimately realise his asking price from whoever eventually decides to buy them off him. If he was looking for a patsy to make good a plan to ruin us, he's had one already and is currently on his second. How many does he need?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    LMAO What ex player is worth enough to buy and run this club?
    Jimmy Floyd H of course.  He's big in sports clothing allegedly.
    Especially the shorts...
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    I just want some rich middle eastern Saudi’s to come in now , i don’t care about morals anymore :)
    Bet you jumped in joy until learnt more about Nimer!?!
  • And now whispers about more redundancies.....
    We won't be the only club/company making redundancies in the coming months that's for sure.
  • FAVADDICK said:

These people should write story books … former player told him yeah ok … course he would 
    Why would he make it up? He’s not a bs merchant 
  • Southbank said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    The only conclusion I can come to with all of this is jacko laid it on the line, said what was needed, TS had decided that wasn’t going to happen, he looked for a cheap manager option who could bring in cheap players and he also cut staff costs, raised ticket prices and will look to find a buyer who hopefully would be fooled into buying the club on some temporary business metrics -  great - more years of shit and more years of looking for a saviour whilst being made apparently impossible by RD owning the grounds - millwall don’t  own fuck all and they’ve got an owner who is willing to fund a decent side - I don’t want to hear any more about these fantasist potential buyers that are always lurking to destabilise things but never stump up when they have the opportunity - they and they’re cheerleaders are partly responsible for putting us in this shit 
    The freehold to Millwall’s ground is publicly owned, which is more secure than a private landlord and a common model, especially in Europe. I’d have thought the actual buyers were the fantasists, as experience has shown.
    well, you've always stated its virtually 'undevelopable' Airman so you can't ahve it both ways when it suits the argument  
    Nothing in London is "undevelopable" but some sites are more difficult than others, which affects the cost, the number and type of units feasible, and hence the value of the land for residential use. Self-evidently a plot of land with good access to main roads and a motorway is likely to be more attractive to a developer than The Valley.

agreed - lets call it unviable and indeed, impossible if the football club owner doesn't quit the valley - so why are these mega rich potential investors so keen to have the ground and training ground - hasn't bothered man city's owners  
    For the same reason the ex-directors secured their loans on the land, presumably. In any event, the problem it is giving us is that it opens the door to £1 purchasers because the club itself is worth nothing in a sale.
    the bigger problem is it 'appears' to be putting off all these mega rich potential owners - utter nonsense if they were just interested in running a football club  
    The training ground has needed substantial sums spent on it to achieve category one status. TS thought he'd found a way to do it cheaper. He hasn't succeeded. No one is spending £10m plus on an asset held on a relatively short lease, so then you've got to find another training ground and start again. Similarly The Valley, which will need investment in line with an owner's ambitions, particularly the Jimmy Seed Stand. Same problem.
    Do we know why they were rejected for cat. 1? Was it a facilities issue, or organizational/ staff? I don’t think the reasons were ever released, 
    I've been told that TS refused point blank to employ the number of academy staff specified in the regulations, so no matter what he did with buildings he was never going to succeed. This information came from a football source outside the club. I've no reason to think it isn't true, but I can't confirm it.
    The man is an idiot. 
    I'm not sure I believe that one... why would you sink money into something and then knowingly break a rule that you know is going to make your investment a waste of time
    Well, he bought a football team to get it promoted then failed to spend the money on players so the club could get promoted- so he has form in that area.
    That isn't strictly true. He spent a fair bit at first but in a stupid way. Yes, he has turned off the taps when some targeted spend to fill a gaping hole was required and may have got results but the bloke is clueless when he throws his money about and clueless when he doesn't. 
  • Gribbo said:

My sister ordered me one with Dobson & 4 on the back. It is the wrong size. I rang club and was told that I needed to liaise with Castore. I contacted them over multiple emails only to be told that as it's been printed on the back they can't accept a refund or exchange. Shame as I am unlikely to wear it as too big. 
    eBay? Or maybe someone on here might buy it off you. What size is it?