Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Another TS masterplan farts full in his face!   Plenty of cover for the only real goal scorer who could play more than half an hour in the team?  
    Twat!
    It's actually worked out perfectly for him, TS prized asset will be fit just in time for the January window... rather than injured in December and not sold. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    At least they will not be selling Leaburn in the January transfer window.
    You would guess that he will take 3 to 6 months to recover from such a serious injury. The club must not rush it.
    Those who want Kanu. He is not ready for first team football 
    So may be this will force Sandagaard into the transfer or loan market in January. 
    He should be searching now for a good replacement and negotiating soon.
    Not the first time we would have sold a young player while they were injured
  • Options
    Stockley can't play up top on his own, it's obvious to everyone, and we don't have the senior players to bring someone in to play with him, bor another striker to take his place. Chuks cant, and wont, start... Not an ideal situation, but I'd roll the dice and play kanu up there with Stockley, he knows where  the goal is and stockley is a very good striker in a 2 at this level
  • Options
    Someone needs to play up front with Stockley. Often you can convert temporarily an experienced winger or attacking midfielder (many started life as Strikers anyway), but I don't think we have anyone that fits that bill........

Although he lacks experience I'd give JRS a try.

Hope Miles recovers soon.
  • Options
    JRS has played up front with Stockley a few times and it looked very ineffective. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Kanu is nowhere near physically ready for the Men's game imo.
    Never will be without getting a proper opportunity. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    JRS has played up front with Stockley a few times and it looked very ineffective. 
    Don't disagree, but I'm not sure what real alternative we have.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    You would guess that he will take 3 to 6 months to recover from such a serious injury. The club must not rush it.
    So may be this will force Sandagaard into the transfer or loan market in January. 
    I'm not sure anyone else has said he will be out for that long. 

Garner has said probably out for more than a month. Hopefully that doesn't mean three months plus.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Garner has said probably out for more than a month. Hopefully that doesn't mean three months plus.
    50 years ago. Playing rugby I fractured both tibular and fibular. But worst of all I tore every ligament in 
    My ankle. It took 9 months to heal.
    Today medicine is better which is why I said 3 to 6 months. 
    It cannot have helped that he had to walk off. I have wondered for some time why sports in this country do not have those stretcher carts you see in for example the NFL.
    Any way hope you are wright and he is back by December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diallang, your time has come.
  • Options
    Diallang, your time has come.
    He's still injured isn't he?
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:

50 years ago. Playing rugby I fractured both tibular and fibular. But worst of all I tore every ligament in 
    My ankle. It took 9 months to heal.
    Today medicine is better which is why I said 3 to 6 months. 
    It cannot have helped that he had to walk off. I have wondered for some time why sports in this country do not have those stretcher carts you see in for example the NFL.
    Any way hope you are wright and he is back by December.
    I managed to break my own leg playing football. Snapped fibula, dislocated tibia and fucked my ligaments up too.  This was 30 years ago near enough but I was playing again within 3-4 months so it’s hopefully not horrific

I would guess his idea of match fit is slightly different to mine but that’s another matter!  I had one leg like Arnie and one like a sparrow 😀
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    3 to 6 months to recover? I thought he was out for a month or so?
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    3 to 6 months to recover? I thought he was out for a month or so?
    It's a Charlton injury so time always needs to be added on unfortunately.
  • Options
    Come on guys, we all know (deep down) that he is out for the rest of the season. 

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    cabbles said:
    Would make it difficult for Garner to continue with 4-4-2 now, unless he plans risking Aneke to start up top 
    Aneke is not ready for a 90 minutes yet. Slowly bringing him back in minutes wise. 
    I suspect part of the problem with him getting injured is his lack of game time and resilience from match fitness caused by wrapping him in cotton wool. Play him from the start and see how long he lasts. Him and Stockley up front will mean Pompey won’t be so free to push up. 

I know I’ll sound like an old record but this is why resigning Chuks was a mistake. Hardly ever fit and when he is he can’t play for more than 15 to 20 minutes. So now we are in a position whereby 4-4-2 is working for us so we either have to play someone up top who isn’t suited to it or change formation and hope for the best. We all knew we needed another striker option but hey ho Thomas knows best. With three more home games this month we could have really pushed on but instead Leaburn being out a month or so could derail our season. 
    Signing Chuks was only a mistake because we are relying on him as effectively 3rd choice....if we had 3/4 other fit strikers and it was accepted that he's a last 30 minute man (and let's be fair he's a gamechanger in that respect) then it's a great buy.

the sad fact is, we can't afford to be carrying someone like that
  • Options
    I know others have said this but I think Payne and CBT are the best options to go upfront with Stockley - we lose more by taking JRS away from the wing than we would with CBT or Payne (not a true winger I know) and CBT's pace can still cause plenty of problems from that position. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Payne as the target man and Stockley for the knock downs.
    Sorted.
    Well both do have the same number of headed goals this season  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutting, can only see us playing 2 upfront with Blackett Taylor alongside stockley maybe. Don't think Kanu is ready yet unfortunately

Daniel Kanu is 18 next month and can someone explain why he is not ready for a mid table League 1 side squad  when he's rated so highly and scored goals for fun so far in his career ?
    The best natural goal scorer at Cafc.

He isn't small and I assumed he would step up this season around January but we need him as an option now in the 18 man squad.

The catch 22 is he will be gone in a flash if he scores a couple of goals similar to Mason Burstow. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Kanu is nowhere near physically ready for the Men's game imo.

Not saying Kanu is in the class of Owen or Defoe but they played at 17 and as long as you aren't static to be bullied by League 1 CB's he will be fine. Plus play him in a 2 up front with the licence to play either side of Stockley or on the rare occasions when he's fit, Chuks Aneke.
  • Options
    As we have Stockley to do the physical stuff, it's about getting Kanu free to use his pace against aging CBs like Morrison.
  • Options
    Bar Kanu is there any other options coming out of the academy that might be around the squad too? I saw Dylan Gavin got injured on loan at Tonbridge and Patrick Casey was on the bench at Colchester in the Papa John's. 
  • Options
    just as the4 4 2 was taking shape, we lose one of the players that make it work .. Garner, please DO NOT revert to a 4 3 3 or another fancy set up
  • Options
    Kanu is down to play this afternoon for the U21's so won't be him Campbell is not in the squad so maybe a bit of changing with him on the wing.

• Options
    I injured my ankle ligaments in 2021, I still can't run regularly. Hopefully his is a lot more minor. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I injured my ankle ligaments in 2021, I still can't run regularly. Hopefully his is a lot more minor. 
    Tbf i'm sure the amount of investment and expertise in his recovery will be incomparable to yours
  • Options
    msomerton said: