Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Garner on interest in him. No injury update, presumably we’ll hear from Garner at his press conference.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/clubs-will-be-monitoring-him-charlton-striker-miles-leaburn-looking-a-hot-property/
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    All I am thinking is, if we sell Miles as we did Mason in January, then Sandgaard will be proven to not give two shits about our future. We need to sign more players not sell the ones that are performing and will only grow in value..
    Selling Burstow was the right decision, with 18 months left on his deal that was the maximum we would have been able to get for him so it was a good decision. We aren’t at that point with Leaburn as he’s on a 3 year deal so selling him now would be really really stupid 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Miles is no stranger to attention - he had around 20 clubs after him when he signed for us initially and this summer was no different.  Thew vultures were circling

Thanks to his parents he is getting the right sort of advice as opposed to a greedy agent trying to persuade him to take the money.  His time will come and he needs game time to learn his craft - something he is doing very much at the moment.

I have been chatting to Carl numerous times about Miles and I said in July he needed to occupy the defenders like Mitrovic does.  Just get in their faces, piss them off.  He'll get a few whacks as he goes but it's all needed.  Carlo agreed and said he finds it so hard because he is such a genuinely nice lad and not a wind-up merchant.  But it does seem he is bringing an element of shithousery to his game and I very much welcome it!

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because it won't last forever but he certainly is a joy to watch right now
    100%, believe Innis is a great help to him talking him through what defenders hate!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Probably sold in January with a loan back clause.

Miles could of course reject any moves but there’s no way the club doesn’t push to cash in at the first opportunity.
  • Options
    My only slimmer of hope is that his parents advise him to stay. They've both had careers in the game and will understand what's best for him on and off the pitch.

I do not expect him to be a Charlton contracted player come 1st feb.
  • Options
    Imagine it we had them both up front now! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    2121 said:

Think Carl's legs have gone 
    No, he still has them!
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    2121 said:

Nope, it's his 6 pack that has gone!!! 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    2121 said:

You can tell him!
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    All I am thinking is, if we sell Miles as we did Mason in January, then Sandgaard will be proven to not give two shits about our future. We need to sign more players not sell the ones that are performing and will only grow in value..
    Selling Burstow was the right decision, with 18 months left on his deal that was the maximum we would have been able to get for him so it was a good decision. We aren’t at that point with Leaburn as he’s on a 3 year deal so selling him now would be really really stupid 
    I don’t think it would be that stupid for TS if he wants out.  A £2m fee for example when all TS wants to do is cut costs and minimize his own financial outlay would be a great result for him.  If TS were here for the long haul, then you’re absolutely right, keep him and only let go if it’s very silly money.  

Unfortunately for us, I think TS may already see Leaburn as similar to Burstow and if we get anywhere in the region of £1m plus, he’ll go 

it’s always tricky with player valuations at this stage in their career and coming through the ranks at a club like us in League One.  Arguably a lot of us think we should be getting huge money, and I would add that someone like Gomez was sold way too cheap, however, I recall last year when we had all the football agent negotiation experts who had probably only sold players in Championship manager, seething at TS only taking a £1m for Burstow and should’ve gotten more.  I would say given that Chelsea have largely confined him to their u23s we probably got a good deal.  I couldn’t believe we had all these experts in our fan base that said we should’ve or they would’ve gotten more - I think Leaburn could go for more than Burstow in a normal environment, but TS wanting to cut costs means he’ll go on the cheap 
  • Options
    Do we have any update on Miles' injury?
  • Options
    Naa, just a chat about his Dad's 6 pack 20 years ago.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    2121 said:

You can tell him!
    I would fancy my chances of running away from him
  • Options
    I've no doubt the owner will want to sell. Plenty of potential buyers will come in.
    Tracey will be fully aware of the environment at the club and that the only thing keeping her in a job is her son's presence at the club.
    Add all that together and I can see Miles going to a Championship club in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Naa, just a chat about his Dad's 6 pack 20 years ago.
    I wonder if he’s still got that telly he won?
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    2121 said:

Like mine, it’s probably not gone, just carefully preserved with some protective padding 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    My view, not that I’ve carried out any research to back this up with facts, is that players that are bought in January are more often than not just make-weights for promotion chasing or relegation fighting teams. They are not necessarily bought for next season planning. If a player doesn’t need to move on in January but do want to, even just for the money, then if they are any good they should wait until the summer window when managers are trying to build the teams they want, and will be playing. 
  • Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/garner-provides-miles-leaburn-injury-update

Damaged Ankle Ligaments, set for a spell on the sidelines 
  • Options
    Medium term injury…
  • Options
    Would make it difficult for Garner to continue with 4-4-2 now, unless he plans risking Aneke to start up top 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Would make it difficult for Garner to continue with 4-4-2 now, unless he plans risking Aneke to start up top 
    Aneke is not ready for a 90 minutes yet. Slowly bringing him back in minutes wise.