Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Okay so he's done it for a bit of attention then.
    Probably not.

As @Briston_Addick many young people, and some old ones too, flag up their activities on social media all the time.    

If I could be bothered I'd check out his instagram to see what he had for dinner last night (Chinese = signing for far east club, Indian = joining the IPL), and the last film he saw (Oppenheimer = he's about to drop a bombshell; Barbie = I don't know).
  • Options
    hate to say it but Brentford would be a cracking move for him, can see him being with us till at least January though in order to prove his fitness
    just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting in any way that he's on his way to Brentford or suggesting he was at the game for any reason other than to (probably) watch a mate play

I just said they would be a cracking move for him.....and they would if/when they sell Tony
  • Options
    edited April 4
    No disrespect to leaburn but I think Brentford would be signing him as a promising youngster regardless of if they sell Tony or not as they would be looking in bringing a much more proven player imo.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    Footballer goes to watch a game of football shock.

Jason Pearce posted a pic of himself at Arsenal = Pearce next Gunners boss.

PS Miles' dad works at various grounds in London including Brentford
    Carl still works? 
    He's only 55
    Younger than I thought. What does he do? Such a character. Love that video of him receiving his TV!
    Behind the scenes work on football broadcasts
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Okay so he's done it for a bit of attention then.
    Probably not.

As @Briston_Addick many young people, and some old ones too, flag up their activities on social media all the time.    

If I could be bothered I'd check out his instagram to see what he had for dinner last night (Chinese = signing for far east club, Indian = joining the IPL), and the last film he saw (Oppenheimer = he's about to drop a bombshell; Barbie = I don't know).
    Thing is, I'm totally aware of how Instagram and young people work, but there's definitely a difference between Miles Leaburn sharing a pointless photo of the pitch at Brentford and a youngster sharing a photo of their dinner (which is more what a middle aged person would do anyway). Since he's been laid up, most of his Instagram post are shares of other young players posts.

Again, not suggesting there's anything in it, just giving a reason (justifying) why I've shared it on here.

• Options
    hate to say it but Brentford would be a cracking move for him, can see him being with us till at least January though in order to prove his fitness
    just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting in any way that he's on his way to Brentford or suggesting he was at the game for any reason other than to (probably) watch a mate play

I just said they would be a cracking move for him.....and they would if/when they sell Tony
    No one's suggesting he's on his way anywhere mate. 
  • Options
    Out of contract next summer as things stands. IF he won't sign an extension then we could possibly cash in this summer. No doubt clubs of the ilk of Brighton and Brentford would be keeping very close tabs on him, I know for a fact Brighton are. Someone may take a punt but maybe we could get a loan back for a season.
  • Options
    Miles wasn't actually at the game. He's so tall that he's able to see over the roof from outside.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Footballer goes to watch a game of football shock.

Jason Pearce posted a pic of himself at Arsenal = Pearce next Gunners boss.

PS Miles' dad works at various grounds in London including Brentford
    Carl still works? 
    He'd not have been on big enough money to retire I'd have thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    It’s a non story, he did the same at Arsenal a few weeks ago and he’s clearly in normal seats which he wouldn’t be if it was Brentford trying to impress him. Young man goes to football match isn’t really news!
    I bet the sun could still turn it into a click bait article 
  • Options
    It was arguably the worst game of football in the top flight and possibly even the worst game in the prem years 
  • Options
    Is he out for the rest of the season ? 
  • Options
    edited April 4
    Probably means a news story on "no1footballrumours.com" with a headline "20 year old League One sensation eyeing move to Brentford"
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    It’s a non story, he did the same at Arsenal a few weeks ago and he’s clearly in normal seats which he wouldn’t be if it was Brentford trying to impress him. Young man goes to football match isn’t really news!
    ain't news but it is the perfect trigger for hysteria indignation and pant wetting from swathes of slack jawed forum worriers
  • Options
    edited April 4
    Prior to his injury his status was very much work in progress. It still is but with several steps backwards.
    I can’t see anyone coming in for him until such time as he has proved his long term general fitness and proven stability with his injury and even then, it would be something of a gamble.
    So unlucky for the fella, as he was undoubtedly making steady and meaningful progress.
  • Options
    Prior to his injury his status was very much work in progress. It still is but with several steps backwards.
    I can’t see anyone coming in for him until such time as he has proved his long term general fitness and proven stability with his injury and even then, it would be something of a gamble.
    So unlucky for the fella, as he was undoubtedly making steady and meaningful progress.
    Clubs take gambles, us with Aneke for example. For a PL club it’s barely a gamble at all financially.
  • Options
    edited April 4
    Billy_Mix said:
    fenaddick said:
    ain't news but it is the perfect trigger for hysteria indignation and pant wetting from swathes of slack jawed forum worriers
    Seen more pant wetting from people screaming its a none story than anything else tbh.

Only shared it on the Clubs main supporter's forum to stimulate a bit of a discussion.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    fenaddick said:

Bang on @Billy_Mix - you only have to read the posts since this was posted to see that..err... No one whatsoever has reacted in that way. But you crack on. 🤣
  • Sponsored links: